IGNORED

Uh Oh, I shouldn't be looking at craigslist

BlueSky

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I will like a Gen 2. I've never ridden one. But this one is so cheap, I can try it out and sell it if I don't like it. I plan to reduce my bikes to only one whichever one I like the best.

I saw a 2007 Yamaha Venture with 22k miles on craigslist with such a low price, I may have to buy it. Going to look at it Friday with my trailer in tow if it's still for sale.

Be careful, many CL adds that are to good to be true are just bait. They know that you will show up to look at it with a pocket full of cash that they wish to make theirs.

FF, Thanks for reminding me. Talking to the guy, he seems to be for real, but you never know. I will be armed. I wish I had someone going with me. I think I'll tell him that I need to go to the bank to get the cash if I decide to buy it.

FF, Thanks for reminding me. Talking to the guy, he seems to be for real, but you never know. I will be armed. I wish I had someone going with me. I think I'll tell him that I need to go to the bank to get the cash if I decide to buy it.

You do you. With that said; I always do these deals at a bank and never carry cash with me. If the seller won't agree to these terms prior to my visit then I move on to the next seller. I'm not asking too much.

I meet the seller at their location to inspect. Their ID must match the name on the title. The VIN on the title must match the VIN on the bike. If we reach a deal I have the seller meet at a bank of their choosing. At the teller window I withdraw/convert my funds into cash and have the seller sign the title in front of me. The teller acts as escrow. The seller can walk out with the cash or deposit/convert the funds how ever they want. No funny business, strictly a cash exchange.

I'll buy it if you don't! That's the deal of a life time!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112939[/ATTACH]

[h=2]$3000 23k miles[/h]2007 Yamaha Touring bike . AM/FM radio, CB radio, Intercom (2 Intercom ready helmets included), shaft drive, Royal Blue color. New wind screen. Carburetors rebuilt, complete service by dealership. Must be seen to appreciate the fine value of this motorcycle. ( Also have leather jackets and pants if they fit you )

Edited by AABBCC

You do you. With that said; I always do these deals at a bank and never carry cash with me. If the seller won't agree to these terms prior to my visit then I move on to the next seller. I'm not asking too much.

I meet the seller at their location to inspect. Their ID must match the name on the title. The VIN on the title must match the VIN on the bike. If we reach a deal I have the seller meet at a bank of their choosing. At the teller window I withdraw/convert my funds into cash and have the seller sign the title in front of me. The teller acts as escrow. The seller can walk out with the cash or deposit/convert the funds how ever they want. No funny business, strictly a cash exchange.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112939

[h=2]$3000 23k miles[/h]2007 Yamaha Touring bike . AM/FM radio, CB radio, Intercom (2 Intercom ready helmets included), shaft drive, Royal Blue color. New wind screen. Carburetors rebuilt, complete service by dealership. Must be seen to appreciate the fine value of this motorcycle. ( Also have leather jackets and pants if they fit you )

Aha! You found it! That's it!

Well, according to the specs on BikeZ, it is 104.5" long, 8" longer than my trailer. So, a uhaul will have to be rented. When I hauled my 89 Venture home, it was within 1" of the tailgate and I ended up loaded it diagonally to make sure the tailgate/ramp didn't rub against the trunk. I wonder if I could remove the trunk and turn the front wheel to make it fit.

Well, according to the specs on BikeZ, it is 104.5" long, 8" longer than my trailer. So, a uhaul will have to be rented. When I hauled my 89 Venture home, it was within 1" of the tailgate and I ended up loaded it diagonally to make sure the tailgate/ramp didn't rub against the trunk. I wonder if I could remove the trunk and turn the front wheel to make it fit.

When I brought mine home it was on an 8' trailer. With it tight against the front bar the rear contact patch of the tire was on the edge of the trailer. I did not turn the front wheel but that would have been better. As it was the load was a little tail heavy so I took my time coming down the road.

When I brought mine home it was on an 8' trailer. With it tight against the front bar the rear contact patch of the tire was on the edge of the trailer. I did not turn the front wheel but that would have been better. As it was the load was a little tail heavy so I took my time coming down the road.

I can't remove the tailgate/ramp on my trailer due to the way the hinges are attached so I can't have the rear wheel that close to the rear. I don't want to load it diagonally like I did with my 89 because the front of the trailer only has the tongue extending from the body and the weight of the 89 twisted the trailer bed. My trailer is rated for 1600 lbs but it is a light duty trailer bought from Lowes. I may have to turn the front wheel and remove the trunk.

Here is another pretty beauty.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/177446446235929

I am in Joplin but don't have 3k

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

I just went and looked at this bike and I am shocked someone hasn't bought it. So it is legit, so question here is it a fair price? The headsets are not there. My issue with it is the fact that I can't use key to remove saddle bags or trunk. I would like to get it but I've got a road block in my way at the moment... 50xxx isn't even broken in yet. And is it common for the gas tank to have Yamaha written like that on the gas tank. Btw I didn't notice top heavyness to get it of center stand so does that only seem notice at low speed I guess it would be a little bit then.

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112939

$3000 23k miles

2007 Yamaha Touring bike . AM/FM radio, CB radio, Intercom (2 Intercom ready helmets included), shaft drive, Royal Blue color. New wind screen. Carburetors rebuilt, complete service by dealership. Must be seen to appreciate the fine value of this motorcycle. ( Also have leather jackets and pants if they fit you )

too good to be true.there is a scam here going on.They post a sensational deal with only 1 picture.You respond.They say give me your email address I can show you a lot more pictures.You do.Then they have a portal to your stuff.I fell for it ona bike.Its been for sale now for 2 months.So I know its a scam.There was an immaculate sportster for 800, an immaculate voyager for 1200, a shadow tour for 1000, an 08 vulcan 900 for 1,000. I even responded to one of them.I said clever scam.He never made another attempt to get anything from me.

I just went and looked at this bike and I am shocked someone hasn't bought it. So it is legit, so question here is it a fair price? The headsets are not there. My issue with it is the fact that I can't use key to remove saddle bags or trunk. I would like to get it but I've got a road block in my way at the moment... 50xxx isn't even broken in yet. And is it common for the gas tank to have Yamaha written like that on the gas tank. Btw I didn't notice top heavyness to get it of center stand so does that only seem notice at low speed I guess it would be a little bit then.

In running condition, yes, more than fair. I see Gen 1 bikes going for $2k easy. I just bought a 1999 Venture w/20k miles for $2,988 shipped. Looks like the front fender emblem was removed too.

Edited by AABBCC

Well I did it. I bought it. The owner bought it new and now he is in his 60's with health problems so he sold it. He is a really nice guy. With his help I managed to load it into my 8' trailer by tilting the ramp back and using pvc pipe with a rope inside the pipe to hold it in place so it would not rub the trunk. The owner insisted that I ride it before I bought it which is very unusual. Here is a couple photos of it in the trailer. I had to drive 2 1/2 hours each way to get it. He said it was completely stock except for the back rest and he added the rack on the trunk.

060818Keys and Venture 072.jpg060818Keys and Venture 073.jpg

Edited by BlueSky

Congratulations! :happy65: Beautiful looking bike, hope it serves you well.

See, there are decent honest people out there & genuine bargains do exist & are not always a scam, really pleased for you! ENJOY! :biker:

Well I did it. I bought it. The owner bought it new and now he is in his 60's with health problems so he sold it. He is a really nice guy. With his help I managed to load it into my 8' trailer by tilting the ramp back and using pvc pipe with a rope inside the pipe to hold it in place so it would not rub the trunk. The owner insisted that I ride it before I bought it which is very unusual. Here is a couple photos of it in the trailer. I had to drive 2 1/2 hours each way to get it. He said it was completely stock except for the back rest and he added the rack on the trunk.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112948http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112949

Very nice! Congratulations!! Hope it brings you many trouble free hours of safe riding!

Great work; that's a super deal, and that is my #1 favourite colour. (Has to do with the fact that my very first bicycle was an electric blue Stingray that I got for my 5th birthday. Blue ones always turn my head!)

A couple of ideas for online purchases: set up an email address ONLY for online deals. I use Gmail. That way if you do get phished, you can just abandon that email addy and setup another one.

If you are concerned about getting robbed or ripped off, let the buyer know you're serious, and ask to meet them in the parking lot of the police station. You will either: have a good experience, have your time wasted by a no-show scammer, or... meet the crook with the biggest set of brass balls ever.