IGNORED

Uh Oh, I shouldn't be looking at craigslist

BlueSky

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the Druids have built another Stonehenge. Is that to mark the spot where the alien overlords will land their spaceships?

No, That's actually a Veterans Memorial, but you never can tell????..... And... 'Resistance is Futile'....

2014-06-20 10.43.55 (Medium).jpg

OK folks, we are getting off track here. All these Craigslist ads being posted and within a few weeks, all these posts will be doing nothing but cluttering up the site as the links to the ads will be gone.

Yeah, but our pics will still be here.... :-)

Congrats Bill,

I saw that same bike on a FB forum, in Florence, SC (with CL link) and had sent it to some friends. Awesome price for what looked like a good stock bike with low miles.

Glad someone I've met got it!

Mike G in SC

Thanks Mike,

I just happened to see the craigslist ad a few hours after he posted it. The owner said he tried to sell it last summer for $5,000 and nobody called, then lowered the price to $4,000 and nobody bought it. So, this summer he dropped the price to $3,000 because the bike wasn't being ridden much and he wanted to stop paying insurance and taxes on it. It didn't appear to be because he had to have the money because he and his wife were retired and had a lovely home on about a 2 acre lot with about 30 large pecan trees, a really nice place.

Hey is $2,200 a good price for a 2004 VSTAR 1100 with only 10,100 miles. I am thinking its cheap for that bike. I have my opinion on what is happening in the biker world to right now and after cruising around with the southern cruisers I can say what was hammered in my head is far from the truth! But I grew up with the news reporting on the moguls and hells angels. I might be just paranoid I just hope something can bring back cruising coast to coast and I met a couple that went on there first motorcycle camping trip and loved it!

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

If it's in really good condition, I would say that is a pretty good price. A quick search of my local Craigslist showed them from 2800.00 - 3500.00 with miles between 13,000 - 16,000.
O its super nice leather studded saddle bags. A windscreen I'm thinking those are aftermarket I could be wrong but I got a buddy looking for a bike and that popped up. I want a estar or roady but thinking they do make them smaller. Hopefully Brenda can get the paperwork straight for hers and I will have my second smaller bike. It is a project first so I hopefully I will have something to do in the cooler months. All we have around here is cold and road destruction. It seems like Joplin has at least 20 road destruction going on and 30 other projects. I know it will be nice when they get done but crap its been every year for the last 4.

I registered the 2007 Venture today. NC makes you pay sales tax on their book value unless you buy from a dealer since so many buyers were providing super low prices on what they bought for sales tax purposes. Anyhow, I had to pay sales tax on $5200. When I bought the bike it didn't seem to run exactly right, like maybe there was a little carb plugging. The owner had advertised that the carbs had been cleaned but I found out when I looked at it that the cleaning took place last year. Anyhow, yesterday I poured a half bottle of Gumout for high mileage engines (with PEA) in the gas and ran it for while. It ran ragged for a while until it warmed up. Today after sitting all night with the Gumout, if fired right up and didn't miss. I think the carbs are okay! It has been rainy so I haven't ridden it yet since I got the tag and insurance. Hopefully tomorrow!

I registered the 2007 Venture today. NC makes you pay sales tax on their book value unless you buy from a dealer since so many buyers were providing super low prices on what they bought for sales tax purposes. Anyhow, I had to pay sales tax on $5200. When I bought the bike it didn't seem to run exactly right, like maybe there was a little carb plugging. The owner had advertised that the carbs had been cleaned but I found out when I looked at it that the cleaning took place last year. Anyhow, yesterday I poured a half bottle of Gumout for high mileage engines (with PEA) in the gas and ran it for while. It ran ragged for a while until it warmed up. Today after sitting all night with the Gumout, if fired right up and didn't miss. I think the carbs are okay! It has been rainy so I haven't ridden it yet since I got the tag and insurance. Hopefully tomorrow!

Doesn't that just pi$$ you off when you get a real bargain & the Guvmint screw you for your purchase price PLUS some fictitious add on ?

Anyway sounds as thought the bike is running well, now get out & enjoy it... it'll be :cold: or :depressed: or even :snow: all too soon.

You will have a difficult time hitting me in Wilmington NC. Snow is a rare event here. :rasberry:

Difficult just makes it a challenge, I LOVE a good challenge..........

At one point last winter there was SNOW on the ground in all 50 states at the same time.........

Well hopefully you didn't do what I did today I went out and bought another motorcycle with no permission so what is that saying I may be moving out to the doghouse and begging forgiveness or something like that![emoji23][emoji23]

Well hopefully you didn't do what I did today I went out and bought another motorcycle with no permission so what is that saying I may be moving out to the doghouse and begging forgiveness or something like that!

Last time I did that, it cost me a Porsche Boxster convertible for my wife's birthday. Couldn't beg forgiveness, but I was able to buy it! :mo money:

I went for a ride on the new to me 2007 RSV. After putting a half bottle of Gumout in the tank, it starts instantly on full choke but takes a while to warm up and idle with the choke off. It ran great. Feels like all 4 cylinders are pulling just fine.

I have an ignorant question. How do you remove the cap from the rear brake master cylinder? It isn't obvious to me how to do it.

And another question is what is the best glue for resticking the rubber pads on passenger foot rests? Both are a little loose. The loose pads are the only thing I've found so far that needs repair. Knock on wood!

I also need to figure out a way to hold the bike up straight so I can check the oil. Ideas on how to do that I would appreciate. I miss the center stand.

I went for a ride on the new to me 2007 RSV. After putting a half bottle of Gumout in the tank, it starts instantly on full choke but takes a while to warm up and idle with the choke off. It ran great. Feels like all 4 cylinders are pulling just fine.

I have an ignorant question. How do you remove the cap from the rear brake master cylinder? It isn't obvious to me how to do it.

And another question is what is the best glue for resticking the rubber pads on passenger foot rests? Both are a little loose. The loose pads are the only thing I've found so far that needs repair. Knock on wood!

I also need to figure out a way to hold the bike up straight so I can check the oil. Ideas on how to do that I would appreciate. I miss the center stand.

Might I suggest a mechanics mirror to check the oil. I bought one last year and it works very well.

If I remember right, you have to take the metal cover thing off. Its like a 4mm allen. Then hold the resevoir by hand and level it up remove cap.

Not positive, but 3m makes adhesive for carpet and interior parts. I would get a piece of wood about the size of the pad, then use some gorilla glue or something like that and clamp it down to dry. The 3m glue we use to call yellow dog, but it is actually weather strip adhesive.

I just had a block of wood I slipped under the kickstand to level it up. Or the mechanics mirror works, but help yourself out by using a sharpie and mark the level marks so you can identify them when you looking upside down.

Well hopefully you didn't do what I did today I went out and bought another motorcycle with no permission so what is that saying I may be moving out to the doghouse and begging forgiveness or something like that![emoji23][emoji23]

Now you know that photos of that new scoot posted so we can enjoy them are mandatory!

Now you know that photos of that new scoot posted so we can enjoy them are mandatory!

Nothing special but I kinda like the Nighthawk, for now I just have the 91 250cc needs a little work but thinking adventure/trail bike. Not 100% what I am gonna do with it but it was cheap.

Message_1528832069220.jpgMessage_1528832039110.jpgMessage_1528832022643.jpg20180612_141856_Film3.jpg

Nothing special but I kinda like the Nighthawk, for now I just have the 91 250cc needs a little work but thinking adventure/trail bike. Not 100% what I am gonna do with it but it was cheap.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113042http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113043http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113044http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113045

That size is probably the ideal size for scooting around town easily.

I just had a block of wood I slipped under the kickstand to level it up.

That is scary to me. If I get the bike truly upright so the reading will be accurate, I'm afraid the bike will fall on me while I'm on the floor trying to read the level. I'd for sure have to restrain it in some way so it wouldn't fall on me. I have a mirror. I'll give that a try while I'm astride the bike. It would appear that since it doesn't have a center stand, I need to buy one of those jack adapters from Carbon One and a motorcycle jack if I decide to keep it. I'll be riding all of my bikes and will try to decide which two to sell or at least that is what I'm telling the wife! :):whistling: