IGNORED

Yamaha Part three

slowrollwv

My 17 year old Vulcan 1500 is water cooled, doesn't shake and rattle and will make it coast to coast without any troubles. As for those who "how hum" a V twin; you've asked Yamaha for a new model forever and now it's here, yet without XYZ, it's not worthy? Cmon guys/ gals. You would rather keep an aging V-4, that has a cassette player than upgrade to a potential fuel injected, GPS, LED light , upgraded styling, reverse etc etc etc? If that's the case, and nothing wrong with that, then no one should complain about Yamaha not doing squat for ions. They, as a business have to consider what's selling, cost efficiency ( for them) and other factors. There is not a major company will make everything you and I want. The fact Yamaha is coming out w a new bike at all, despite dropping sales should be a good sign they're finally trying. Just like some folks on the wing forum, I guess we can ( myself included) find something to complain about if we look hard enough...

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that Yamaha has to make what they can sell.

My beef is they have been slapping bags on medium and heavy cruisers and calling them touring motorcycles. We'll see if this time is different.

My bet:

Fuel injected, liquid cooled big twin. GPS audio system built in. Two hard bags (too small, but look fancy). No trunk, no cruise, no CB. Maybe reverse. Maybe fairing of the RSTD type.

I have all that on my 2014 V Star 1300 and didn't have to hock the farm for it.

I hope your right about the twin part, then I can skip the whole process long process of deciding too or not too buy. Yamaha wouldnt dare put out a full scale touring bike, call it a Venture and fail to load it up with the latest and greatest V4. They wouldnt dare.

The bike Yamaha must build is a Goldwing killer, not a Road King killer. If they eff this up than my next big bike will be a 2300cc triple.

Yeah, that's the photo of the black bike I was mentioning in my other post. Wonder how much this new bike will look like that one. It looks like they have a faux cover over the fairing. But those passenger floor boards are identical to our current Venture/RSTD. Probably is a Yammy in that pic.

Ive always wondered if Yamaha purposely leaked that pick.

Ya know? This whole thing makes me ponder if Victory going out is the reason Yamaha decided to go ahead and fill that void by introducing a new touring bike? Because, it sure did seem like they had decided to move away from the touring market.

That pic looks like it is closer to a 2nd gen seating position but closer to 1st gen styling? :confused24:

The trunk looks huge.

How long before there is a 20 year old one that I can afford?:whistling:

I still owe a year on the V Star so maybe a two year old one will show up and I can grab it.

My 17 year old Vulcan 1500 is water cooled, doesn't shake and rattle and will make it coast to coast without any troubles. As for those who "how hum" a V twin; you've asked Yamaha for a new model forever and now it's here, yet without XYZ, it's not worthy? Cmon guys/ gals. You would rather keep an aging V-4, that has a cassette player than upgrade to a potential fuel injected, GPS, LED light , upgraded styling, reverse etc etc etc? If that's the case, and nothing wrong with that, then no one should complain about Yamaha not doing squat for ions. They, as a business have to consider what's selling, cost efficiency ( for them) and other factors. There is not a major company will make everything you and I want. The fact Yamaha is coming out w a new bike at all, despite dropping sales should be a good sign they're finally trying. Just like some folks on the wing forum, I guess we can ( myself included) find something to complain about if we look hard enough...

My bike has blue tooth, mp3 player am/fm stereo, Has Led Lighting and one heck of a V-4 with 18000 miles on the clock, so I still have at least 300,000 to go. I am sorry I want my V-4 bike it is smooth, got the humph, will spin tires if I want it too. Possible even pop Wheelies if I so want to. But I consider it my sleeper bike only problem is most of the Harley guys around here know them and know not to challenge, and some said they owned a couple and wished Yamaha would bring them back....

If Yamaha has dropping sales perhaps they should reconsider their efforts. Because they are obviously not offering what buyers want. The idea of throwing away their customer base every few years and then working to get a new one has never seemed efficient to me. But of course that is just my opinion and the only weight it holds is that of a now tossed out and no longer relevant customer.

Mike

I think the spyshot is... Interesting. Ill be honest, a touring twin would have to contend with the Indian and that is one nice bike, albeit subjectively styled. Do you suppose we might get a surprise V6? If BMW can use a transversely mounted inline 6 then we sure know there is room. It cant be a twin, Yamaha already has a decent big twin tourer, and almost everyone else does too. Unless its a 2.8L 65deg making 220 ft lbs tq from 800 rpm to a 6500 rpm redline. I cant see it, it would be redundant and Yamaha knows it. It HAS to be a 4 or 6 pot mill and almost surely a V. We know Yamaha already has a seriously potent V4 in production.

We should do a speculation pole and see who thinks what. Ill go $20 on ~1700 v4 this bike cant be a twin. No way. Not if it wears the Venture badge. Nope. Not gonna happen! Never.:stirthepot:

Even going back to the pic. It could be a V-4 with some tricky exhaust pipe work, say the left side pipe would be the rear cyl and the right side the fronts? If those bags are all usable they should be fine and good amount of room. I love the Vision but the bags as big as they look, room is sparse.

The pics sure look like a twin, appears quite narrow. The nose and trunk look awkwardly long. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a Trophy or K1600 but with the right drivetrain, who knows. A super stompy mill, EFI, double overdrive 6 speed and great ergos might make it grow on those of us not wild about cruiser style tourers.

If Yamaha fails too hit the mark with some of us there are several other great non-twin full fairing choices out there.

I hope your right about the twin part, then I can skip the whole process long process of deciding too or not too buy. Yamaha wouldnt dare put out a full scale touring bike, call it a Venture and fail to load it up with the latest and greatest V4. They wouldnt dare.

The bike Yamaha must build is a Goldwing killer, not a Road King killer. If they eff this up than my next big bike will be a 2300cc triple.

If you are referring to a Triumph one bit of advice from a former Triumph dealer, don't do it.

If you are referring to a Triumph one bit of advice from a former Triumph dealer, don't do it.
Im intrigued by your response, I know a couple RIII guys that seem too be in love with the big triple, my Triumph was a 955 triple and it was an amazing bike. I guess I have yet to hear or experience any notable negatives with Hinkley era Triumphs.

If Yamaha makes the new Venture a twin then the Trophy or Rocket III would be my first go to. I have not ridden the new Trophy but I got a weekend with a Rocket III with a head, cam and exhaust package and its performance was literally tear jerking. I dont know how anyone keeps rear tires on these things. So thumbs down on a 2300 as an alternative to an underwhelming updated Venture?

Let's start a little conspiracy theory.

I wonder if anyone in the videos are members of any of the Star forums, but the admins have been requested to keep mum about them.

Hmmmmm! We can call it YamaGate!

Well if that wallpaper of the aggressive quad lamp setup is a glimpse into the eyes of the new Venture, it sure aint no twin or cruiser style. Thats the face of a really big dog (not the maker of generic choppers) fixin' to take a piss in some really tall grass.

Big, high power tour/sport-tour full fairing mile eaters is a segment with a couple highly competent, dominant occupants. That wallpaper suggests to me that they have a big middle finger for BMW and arguably Honda with its less powerful but still awesome 6. This is not a fight they are going to pick with a naturally aspirated, narrow angle (or any angle) twin. Underscore this with the long rich history of the iconic Vmax and Venture from which it was spawned. Yamaha has no choice but to put fourth an ultra nasty, tire smoking, canyon carving, mile eating, fully loaded with options machine and after releasing that wallpaper if they bring anything less they will feel some backlash. If we dont get at least two cylinders per wheel they will have some splainin' to do.

You are right about one thing they go through 300.00 rear tires like Sherman through Georgia. The issues I saw as a dealer were drive shafts stuck in the cases as there is no way to grease the spline except taking the shaft out, various electrical issues, heat from hell from the engine and a super top heavy bike ( I am 6'1" with 34 inseam). Power not bad for a bike that weighs a great deal.

Just my two cents, I have ridden several of them over the years.

Steve

Let's start a little conspiracy theory.

I wonder if anyone in the videos are members of any of the Star forums, but the admins have been requested to keep mum about them.

Hmmmmm! We can call it YamaGate!

As a matter of fact one of the persons is indeed a member here...