IGNORED

Sooooo close to retirement

BIG TOM

Only 21 more days to work.....THATS IT.. Taters and I will be officially retired at the end of December. No more getting up at the crack of dawn,no more worrying about the loooong snowy drives into work frighing all the idiots who don't use winter tires and never learned how to drive in the snow....LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW,LET IT SNOW.......after 30 years in law enforcement....I AM DONE...only my own problems to worry about..(not that I have any)..lol.. ok, maybe a few mental issues that I may have...but thats it...Taters and I are ready to do this for sure...I'm going to sleep in until nine every day and enjoy my beautiful wife and gonna do whatever I want to....well, what Taters will let me do...Hunt more ,fish more, ride more...travel a little..yep, thats the plan..Maybe a little lean on funds the first month until the retirement checks and the SSI kicks in, (about 6 weeks) but thats ok....I'll survive...Going to be a great year 2017 for sure....We are soooooo looking forward to this NEW STAGE of our lives....All we have to do is stay healthy and enjoy....who knows ,I may even learn how to stir the pot around here ....

:scared:,,, CONGRATS to you and Taters Big Tom = THAT is AWESOME!!! :happy65::happy65::happy65::thumbsup:

THANK YOU for your years of civic service and ALL the best in your retirement!!

To all other members,, here's a quick investment tip = invest heavily in the Ice Cream industry :missingtooth::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

and dont forget to build up your home use ice cream supply within the next 21 days:fnd_(16):!! :happy34:

Thats GREAT! congrats!

Retirement was something I never thought about until maybe 5 years ago and for me, it's now only a few months away (July 1 2017).

For several years I've dreamed of an extended trip across Canada and all over the USA ... on a motorcycle.

Well that dream died last year when I realized I just couldn't physically handle it.

So, now that I know when I'm retiring, we've decided to become full-time RVers ... at least for a couple years. Gonna sell off the house and much of the stuff we own, buy a 5th wheel RV (already got the truck to haul it) and HIT THE ROAD!

Can hardly wait!

Tom,

I pulled the plug four years ago. December 31, 2012.

I gotta tell ya....take your time adjusting to not working. Take your time adjusting to the freedom you will find coming your way each and every day. And take your time NOT worrying about anything! That will kill you! The "stress" of retirement...

Once I got past the initial adjustment period, I've found myself busier than ever, wondering how the heck I was ever able to get things done while I was working. Now, it's no stress...just relaxing and doing what I want to do when I want to do it. Of course, I volunteered to help with my mom-in-laws house a year and a half ago....and that was stressful enough. But, just this week, the house is done and on the market and I'm back on track on my agenda....riding, keeping up the house, sailing and planning the travel trips we want to do.

I hope your retirement transition is stress free and your life moves on in the direction and at the speed you want it to be!

And for the rest of youse guys and gals getting close...I wish the same for you as well!

Congrats!

Congratulations Tom well done. You will get a lot of time to do the things you want and they way you want to do them. I retired 9-1-16 so it's new to me also. Sleeping in to 4:35 now instead of 4:30 and getting to help all my friends with the skill set I have . Enjoy "your " time. Bill

First of all I want to say Thanks Big Tom for your 30 years! We appreciate you. Take care, and be safe for those last 21 days ok brother.

I am going to be joining you in retirement in 2017 as well after 25+ years of civil service. I bet you are excited bro', i know that i am. :) 2017 will be an interesting year of changes and new directions. Enjoy, and stay safe.

James

Reality will kick in about 6 months from now, maybe even sooner. Hope you have a rockin' chair,,,, after all, there is a reason why they let you retire,,,, you ain't so young anymore, but I suppose you can't remember that too well,,,,, the rest of didn't!!!

Enjoy it while you can. :happy65::happy65::happy65:

Reality will kick in about 6 months from now, maybe even sooner. Hope you have a rockin' chair,,,, after all, there is a reason why they let you retire,,,, you ain't so young anymore, but I suppose you can't remember that too well,,,,, the rest of didn't!!!

Enjoy it while you can. :happy65::happy65::happy65:

I had a response for you but, I forgot it.....................:backinmyday:

Enjoy, an old friend planned and scrimped and invested and took the plunge at 59 1/2. got his SSI rolling his pension and investments, bought a boat and a truck then got bored, started tournament fishing got bored. 6 years in, he's started and sold two businesses bought 3 building and moved twice! He won't slow down.

Hope you are blessed with excellent health and plenty of pep and conquer the world or at least your corner of it.

All the best Tom.....you collect every dime you can Brother I know you deserve it.

I'll tell you I retired last year and it is great, I miss the folks I worked with but not the job. To tell the truth the job was a blast, back in the day but I wouldn't want to be a rookie staring out now......just to much crap going on these days!

:cop:

• 2 weeks later...

As a cost cutting measure for Social Security the official age of retirement is changed to 95 effective December 16 2016. So I am sorry to inform you your retirement will be delayed indefinitely.

Haha. Just kidding. Retirement is the best thing I ever did. In fact I don't know how I ever had time to go to work. So here's to wishing you all the best.

Mike