IGNORED

What does your forum Name mean or represent?

VanRiver

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asked this question at maintenance day. Ok, try not to roll your eyes. Rickard is my last name. Racing........when my two boys were younger we were really into rc cars. Not those silly Radio Shack kind, but high end kit type. We competitively raced them for years traveling all over Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. We raced every single weekend. Outdoors was on asphalt road course, indoors was on ozite carpet. We had a blast. Cost ol' dad lots of money. So there you have it rickardracing.

When I was 16 I was involved in a life changing motorcycle car 150 mph combined impact head on collision. After being extracted from the top of a dogwood tree there was three months in a coma. 1 1/2 years in traction then three years in a wheel chair. During that time the Doctors were telling me to resign myself to spending the rest of my life in a wheelchair. Being depressed over my circumstances my Mom would encourage me by saying " Don't let this Dragon slay you, you be the Dragonslayer"

After much intestinal fortitude, physical therapy and determination I did finally climb out of that wheelchair. Living through that experience I learned to understand how any adversity can be overcome when you set your mind to it. Since then I can not think of anything I really wanted I did not achieve.

I learned to love to solve problems or slay dragons as I refer to it. My profession as facility manager is very much about solving problems and Dragonslaying

I didn't ride for 36 years after that accident but, When I did climb back on and ride again it was on my 86 mk2 Venture Royale. That experience once again changed my life and I became to realize that directly and indirectly, even over the 36 years that I didn't ride motorcycling has defined my life.

So the name stuck.

Edited by Dragonslayer

back a lot more than 20 years ago i was placed in charge of training the new young mechanics the company hired (seems i had the patience for the job). the group i had trailing me most of the time became known as the wrench jocks,so i just condensed it a little and used it as an email tag and have ever since.

When I got my bike I had not ridden a bike in 18 years so I took it easy and slow for a while to get use to it. Then the wife went for a ride with me and when we stopped there was some gravel and my feet went out from under me and the bike rolled over on the crash bars and we went for a tumble. She gets up and looked at me and said well that was a slow roll and the name stuck.

Back in my 20's I used to be only one with a vehicle and I got volunteered to be designated driver everywhere and one day we tried to go to Toronto and

made it halfway there and I dosed off making us drive along the shoulder for 4 miles before I woke and decided to stop in Kitchener Ontario. A couple in the car wanted to wake me but someone stopped them and everything turned out fine and the name stuck.

Phantom Wife (Beverly) got here name from my fellow Ontario friends here because whenever I was supposed to bring her to any event she had an excuse and after the first couple years nobody believed I was married or that she even existed at all.I did show up with her one day but they still didn't believe she was my wife(some guesses were my neighbor or I rented here). But Marcarl showed up at my house with Wizzard765 one day they were ridding around and met her here. Marcarl still joked about it though. So the name stuck so I got Jaybird to pinstripe it on the trunk so all could see.

Before I got my Venture I had a 1999 Yamaha Virago 1100SE. Trying to come up with screen names that weren't in use I started using the Virago's model number - XV1100SE. I signed up on VR.org a year before I got my 2009 RSV so I used XV1100SE as my screen name.

My real name is ECK........My father said a bird pooped on a rock and the sun hatched me, and my mother yelled ..... Eeeeeecccccckkkk! :stickpoke:

Eck,

I mean no disrespect to your name but, I do believe yours is one of the most unusual last names I have ever heard. I was always curious what culture that name comes from and what it means. I mean the real origin not the one your daddy told you.

Given to me in 1973 by the Prez of a outlaw club because I wouldn't go with the Hardley or nothing. I think they kept me and my Yamaha around because I could keep them Hardleys running.

Yammer you never stop amazing me from outlaw motorcycle gang to prison guard to bear bait. No wonder the warden don't want you leaving the house.

patmac is a contraction of my very Irish name...Pat McDonough....6075 was my MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) while in The United States Marine Corps....Cryogenic Technician.

It always seemed like patmac was a username that had been taken and the computer alternatives always had some sort of number added to it....I've always used patmac6075 as a first choice, because it's always available!

Eck,

I mean no disrespect to your name but, I do believe yours is one of the most unusual last names I have ever heard. I was always curious what culture that name comes from and what it means. I mean the real origin not the one your daddy told you.

If you think thats an unusual Last name, you are really in for a surprise:big-grin-emoticon:

Craig

When I first signed on this site I was "Crazy Frog" because of a video on YouTube which I liked . After awhile it got old so I changed it after about the first year to "Travelin' Man" from a song long ago and the fact that I put 23,000 miles on the RSV the first year. Well, I don't get to travel as much as I used to so a couple of years ago I said to heck with the name chaging. I told myself if Eck can use his own name , so can I. Thank you sir! Now I don't have to change anymore.

ECK is my first name, not my last name. In my 64 years of life, I have met only 3 people with the LAST name being ECK. I have YET to meet anyone or know of anyone else in this world with the first name being ECK.

Yes my name is different and I grew up in a life being teased the same as the boy named SUE.

Over the years I have grown to accept my name and I am proud and honored to carry it.

How was I named ECK you ask?

Truthfully; My (fathers side) / grandfathers name was Edgar. As he was growing up someone by accident called him ECK. All his friends laughed. Since that day, he lived till his death being called ECK.

When I was born, my Mother and Father named me after my grandfathers nick name............ECK.

You can call me ECK or anything you wish for it does NOT bother me whatsoever anymore what I am called. I could care less what anyone calls me, but I do wish to be called a friend to anyone and everyone who knows me and with those I have never met. If you need something, anything, just ask me and I will do whatever I can in my power to help you, however, just like you, I never want to be taken advantage of either.

Eck