IGNORED

Sad day but New Toy

relic

After wanting a Harley most of my life I finally took the plunge on Easter Monday. Now thanks to Cowpucs kind words on another post by Marcarl. I have decided to give my new toy its own post. I have since sold my 2004 Venture and after 11 years I will miss it, but it went to a fellow that I know will cherish it as much as I did.

So here is the new ride. 2014 FLHTK Ultra Limited (MT. Rushmore) in Mysterious red sunglo and blackend cayenne sunglo. It is not the CVO but it does have LED lighting on the bike. The previous owner is a salesman at the dealership and has put a few extra toys on it for me so that is good.I have only ridden it home from the dealer around 50 miles but I can say that it is a different ride for sure. I will not try and compare it to the Venture because it is so different and different is what I was looking for.

20150418_125554 (768x1024).jpg

20150418_130412 (768x1024).jpg

20150418_125610 (768x1024).jpg

20150418_152249 (768x1024).jpg

20150406_131136 (960x1280).jpg

Once you put some miles on it I'd like to hear your opinions (pro and con) about the new ride. Comparing it to the Venture isn't a bad thing.

Also... what type of experience you get from the dealer(s) and comparing it to your dealings with Yamaha would be interesting.

Giving your opinion wouldn't be any different from people evaluating other bikes.

Nice looking ride by the way.

Yes I wished I could have kept both as well but it just wasn't possible with the high cost of insurance and other stuff.

I really liked the Venture as well.

Sweeeeet!!!

I love my Victory but I've always wanted what you got. Wish I could have both!

I will give you an opinion Don but even with the short ride I have had it is totally different than the Venture. I was looking for a different ride or I would have bought another Venture or kept mine. Plus you know I have always wanted a Harley and made no bones about telling people that.

It is the same weight but feels so much lighter and easier to handle at slow speeds. As far as dealership issues I did not deal much with Yamaha dealers so it will be hard to compare. I had an independent garage work on my Venture. Could not find a better guy so the Harley dealer has a lot to live up to. Will let you know as we put on the miles what it is like compared to the Venture. Thanks for the comment Don. Wait till you see it live. Pictures do not do it full justice.

Once you put some miles on it I'd like to hear your opinions (pro and con) about the new ride. Comparing it to the Venture isn't a bad thing.

Also... what type of experience you get from the dealer(s) and comparing it to your dealings with Yamaha would be interesting.

Giving your opinion wouldn't be any different from people evaluating other bikes.

Nice looking ride by the way.

Once again,, WOW ZZZZZZZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW!! THAT IS ONE GORGEOUS PIECE OF MOTORCYCLING BEAUTY I TELL YA - CONGRATS RELIC!! :ice_congrats-vi6886 AND WELCOME:2RED: TO YOUR NEW FAMILY MR. RUSHMORE - YOU WILL FIND FRIENDSHIP AND HAPPINESS AROUND THIS GROUP OF MOTORCYCLING GANGTERS HERE AT VR, WE CANT WAIT TO MAKE YOUR AQUAINTENCE IN REAL LIFE NOW :dancefool::clap2::clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup:!!!

Thanks for taking the time to do this Relic! :You_Rock_Emoticon: I, for one, agree totally with XV!! I too would consider it an honor and a privilege to hear some of your thoughts about the pro's and con's of your new experience as they come about. I am VERY happy and excited for you in fulfilling a lifes dream of owning a Harley - I have a deep down feeling that you are in for the time of your life and wish you nothing but BEST in doing so!! :thumbsup:

Having been around a few of the newer Harley's, I can tell you that one of the fantastic things about Harley Davidson is that anything and everything that you can imagine in motorcycling is now at your fingertips!! I have two neighbors who have also purchased Limited's in the last couple years. One of them is a real wrench spinning nut of character and I have had soooooo much fun tweeking on his 2010. Along with some really fun engine mods that produced some amazing numbers on the dyno (106 hp/109 torque), we also did a quick release tour pack docking system on it so he can instantly create the neatest "bagger" look ya ever did see - a tinkerer could go on for ever :sign20::sign20:

Hey Relic,,, seeming as its the Rushmore,, is this the high output 103? Tip and I rode one of the new breed water cooled exhaust valve models last year at a Demo (talk about a machine that beckoned to head west on it!!!) and it seems like the rep said the water cooled models were high output? Wonder what the motor company did different on them to increase the output and how much change it actually made to the "original" 103..

The other neighbor, Dave (he is the one who's wife we built the Sportster Trike for ), has 2012 Limited in colors similar to your baby - really pretty bike!! His is stock other than pipes.. I always told Dave that if I had one I would just ride it like it is till the wheels fell off - beautiful bike!

Being a Rushmore,, I bet that sweetheart of yours has one of those new, fandangaled Harley "entertainment centers" up there near the dash somewhere.. When we test rode the one last year, that entertainment center was shouting directions at us while we were riding, turn left it says so we turned left, turn right it says so we turned right, turn left it says so we turn left.. Was thinking it had the demo route programmed into it so we rode and rode following its directions.. About 45 minutes later I told Tip that something was wrong and it seemed like the thing was trying to find its way back to its creater in Wisconsin so we headed back to the shop (we were in Michigan). Got back and the factory guys were TICKED cause we had been gone so long.. I explained to them what happened, they all laughed, said the "demo" was just suppose to go around the 1 mile block BUT they totally understood and hoped we had had a great ride (WE DID)! Later, one of the reps said that none of them were trained in using the entertainment center on the dash and that they didnt know how to shut it off :sign20:

If I had that big beautiful new Rushmore I would be on my way out west right now and would carry the operational manual for the entertainment system into the ice cream stores all over the country and study it till it and I were really good friends!! Hey,, its a start:sign16:

Sorry about all the :Im not listening to,, I get excited when I am around people experience the fulfillment of a dream/goal that involves a gorgeous new scoot!! Thanks for posting this up WITH :photographing:'s (seems like lots of our lop eared varmint friends like to forget that)!!

I will definitely keep everyone posted as we get to know our new toy Scott. The weather has turned to crap again up here so may be a while before we are on her again. We will most likely ride it as it is without any mods for a while at least. Not sure about the high output but going to meet previous owner on Thursday for some toys he took off it and now wont fit on his new CVO. Lucky me. I will ask him about that. I know what you mean about the entertainment centre. It needs a manual of its own. lol Still working this one out as well.

Yea,, we got that sour weather here too John,, I think @Flyinfool accidently bumped his White Washer while he was out moving his bike around and it "poofed" some left over white wash out..

100 percent with ya on riding that scoot like it is,, nothing wrong :Laugh:with a really fun:big-grin-emoticon: summer:big-grin-emoticon: of chasing the front wheel on a new, pretty much stock Rushmore Harley all over :63:and :325: :cool10::clap2::dancefool:before even thinking of tossing a sticker :doh: on it!!

You get to yapping with the PO you oughta ask him what kind of oils he used in it.. There are other wayyyyy more knowledgable folks on here (Don, Aussie Annie and others) who might wanna chime in but, my neighbor with the 103 that we put the cam in and did the heads on went with Synthetics of some kind on his (both tranny and crankcase) and he swears it runs cooler and shifts quieter on the Synthetics - seems like he is using Lucas Oils in his.. Also, a quick heads up on changing oils when its time.. It might not be a bad idea to do some reading and get familiar with oil drain plug locations.. I know from experience that everything that looks like a drain plug under there aint necessarily a drain plug.. Dont know if your planning to do your own maintenance or not but either way, its a really good idea to know whats what under there just in case that gorgeous scoot leads you folks up into the Yukon or something and ya need to change it out on the road!! :backinmyday:

You know, now that I think about it,, Harley has made a LOT of changes thru the years of the Twin Cam dealing with the oil pump and cam followers (I think the newer ones like yours will have a hydraulic system on the cam followers - MAJOR PLUS!!:happy65:).. Probably be a really good idea to even ask your dealer about oil types and weights too!!

Good thing that Rushmore aint sitting in my garage,, it would have to get used to having my tent set up next to it and have me camping on the garage floor next to it - at least for a few weeks until it got accustomed to its new home :hihi:

hey puc, isn't one post enuf ya gotta double them...?? :Laugh:

Not sure what that was all about Silv,, must of twitched when I wanted to twap:big-grin-emoticon:

finger probably slipped on the adrenalin that's dripping off it from staring at the eye candy of Relics new scoot:stickinouttounge:

Beautiful bike. I mean if you like that sort of thing. Not that i don't like it i do. I mean, Its a free country. people should be free to ride what they want. But do we have to see it??? Flaunting it in our faces like that , I mean My gawd! Oh well..............what was I talking about? Oh yeah very nice Harley.

Nice colour, I think,,, but then it's not Cognac,, but I suppose there are other nice colours other than Cognac,,, seeing as there are other people to enjoy them,,, and speaking of other people,, you just know that you are part of a great family eh??? lots of folks here that would not mind riding with you,,,, 'course you would be in the lead and some of us could even take along our trailers,,,, just saying,,,, I mean, you would want to keep everything close handy wouldn't ya????

Hope you enjoy the ride bro,,, it's always a bit of a crap shoot when you get on a new machine, even if it's the same make and model that you're used to. You'll have to make some personal adjustments,,,, hope that things work out well, and that you'll get to 'pick lots of bugs out of your teeth'.