IGNORED

What is your winter project for this year?

Venturous Randy

Number one is to get the old ticker back to beating regular.

Once that happens, then I have a whole list of plans for my bike.

One my 3 yr. 8 month job in FL, I was working 6 12s for 14 months towards the end and I quit exercising and walking. I started to get an irregular heart beat especially at the end of the day when I was tired. After that job ended and I came home I started exercising, got my walking routine back up to a 50 minute as fast as I could maintain walk 3 times a week, and lost about 25 lbs. No more irregular heart beat after that. It's amazing what exercise can do for you. The 50 minute rapid walks also reduces my cholesterol levels substantially. I'm 70 now and if I don't exercise, I will turn into a vegetable pdq.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the 99 RSV:

get a bike jack and a lift adapter with legs

need to get familiar with the bike mechanically and see if the P.O. left any suprises, and begin a maintenance schedule

change oil & filter, change rear drive oil, change plugs

pull tank; look over wiring; probably add an ignition bypass and rear LED run/brake/turn light bar

get new windshield that doesn't glare up so much in headlights/sunlight

For the 99 RSV:

get a bike jack and a lift adapter with legs

need to get familiar with the bike mechanically and see if the P.O. left any suprises, and begin a maintenance schedule

change oil & filter, change rear drive oil, change plugs

pull tank; look over wiring; probably add an ignition bypass and rear LED run/brake/turn light bar

get new windshield that doesn't glare up so much in headlights/sunlight

Hey PB,, got something for ya to try on that windshield,,, really really cheap fix that I have used for years.. Walmart sells this product called Plast-x, it comes in a kit (more money) OR you can just by the kit refill for a few bucks.. The last time I bought it, it was a blue bottle in color..

Anyway, after trying many many things to resurrect an old scratched up windshield I finally found that stuff - it works great.. If you just get the refill bottle, go by the instructions on the bottle and DONT use it like wax (you gotta not let it dry before taking it off).. Use a clean, soft cloth to apply - stuff is down right amazing!!!

Tweeks has her original 83 shield on her,, still does great as long as I stick with using the stuff a few times a year,,, should have seen the spider webbing and glare in it when I bought her!!!

Worth a shot!!!

PHEEEEWHEEE,,,,, WHEN I SEEN YOU HAD POSTED SOMETHING ON HERE I THOUGHT FOR SURE IT WAS GONNA READ SOMETHING LIKE "COVER ALL OF NORTH AMERCIA IN WHITE WASH" FOOL!! THANK YOU FOR PROVING ME WRONG!!!

Oh,, by the way,, you are limited to one answer to this question and you cant change it!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWW,,, DA FOOL SCREWED UP - SPRINGS A COMIN EARLY FOLKS - OL PUC HAS SEEN HIS SHADOW IN THE LIGHT OF FLYINGFOOLS BO BO!!:Laugh:

WISHING YOU NOTHING BUT THE BEST ON THAT HEART FIXIN JEFF - PRAYERS UP!!

That project is already up and running, no need to add it to the to do list anymore. :rasberry: :moon: :snow2:

Swiveling nozzles back to east north east

I didn't have a project planned since winter doesn't call for parking the bike here, most save that for the worst of the summer but now that I have a need to I have some work planned. With the obvious being the tires, I'm also going to install new brake pads that the guy I bought the bike from had. I'm going to service the differential, check the adjustment on the on the steering bearings and lube the drive shafts splines. Anything else you guys feel like throwing out there that is a might as well kind of thing while I have the bike torn apart I'll probably do as well. If it's going to be down for a while I might as well make it worth it.

Finishing up my "towing package", adding a couple of LED strip lights to the rear, probably going to have to put a rear tire on it too. Just a general go-over to check the little things that might have gotten by this summer. I'm thinking about the Baggershield windshield, anybody got any pros/cons? I've got a shorty tinted, but kinda like the idea of being able to switch pretty easy. Hopefully I'll be able to start on it pretty soon, the hip is good, just gotta get a little more bend in it before I go rolling around on the garage floor.

Number of small stuff (in an effort to eliminate an afterburn since I replaced the fuel pump) like:

- replace spark plugs

- replace collant plugs behind the faux fin covers

- replace vacum port plugs

- sychronize carbs

Otherwise, install Monster Ovals (if I can find a set at the right price).

Provided the money is there for all of it: Progressive springs, make the swing arm fully greasable, TCI relocate, change plug wires, replace rotten muffler, make battery sensor bypass, fix a couple rusty spots on the frame, attempt CLASS repair maybe, install new radio, add highway pegs, rebuild rear master cylinder, new brake rotors. That's the short list.

Well here is my winter project.

It is owned by my friend Kristjan ( krben at venturerider.org ). He dropped the bike off this autumn for the following work I promised to do for him:

Installing upper fork covers - DONE !

Upgrading clutch with Skydoc´s kit - DONE !

New swing arm bearings and pack with grease- DONE !

Greasing the splines drive shaft and yoke - DONE !

Chancing out all and every fluid - DONE !

Relocate the fuel filter - DONE !

Installing two chrome Sick Speed horns with a relay and harness from Larry Skeels - Done!

Installing Harley brake light bar - DONE !

Custom make front fender rails with LED lights - DONE !

Installing brake light bar under the trunk with Steve´s wiring harness - DONE !

Go through all the wiring harness and connectors, clean and spray - DONE !

Clean the stupid bike inside and out, wax it and kick Kristjan in the butt for neglecting that department - IN PROGRESS !

Custom make a connection box behind the license plate for wire connecting - IN PRODUCTION !

Moving the driving lights forward - IN PROGRESS !

Clean the stupid bike inside and out, wax it and kick Kristjan in the butt for neglecting that department - IN PROGRESS !

Add all kind of safety chrome Kristjan has bought - IN PROGRESS !

Installing ignition switch bypass - PENDING !

Add relays where needed - PENDING !

Align the saddlebag lids for easier opening - PENDING !Install new windshield - PENDING !

Put chrome channels on gas tank, saddlebag lids, trunk lid and front lower fairing - PENDING !

Paint the speaker covers and other miscaleanious items - PENDING !

Pin striping saddlebags, gas tank, trunk, saddlebags and front upper fairing - PENDING !

Repaint the gas tank with clear coat - PENDING !

Design and have Corbin make custom seats and backrest for the bike - PENDING !

AND the list goes on and on - but he sure will have a nice bike in the spring for sure !

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Kristjan%20Ben%20Eggertsson%20Midnight%20Venture%202003/SAM_2834_zpsd34242d5.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Kristjan%20Ben%20Eggertsson%20Midnight%20Venture%202003/SAM_2836_zps19ac96e8.jpg

SAM_2836.jpg

I'll be heading south in about three weeks to ride the bike most of the winter but in the mean time I've been working on my '32 Ford coupe. It's a long term project because I just don't work as hard as I used too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95180[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95181[/ATTACH]

That 32 has me drooling! :cool10:

Folks,

I don't means to sound self-serving, but if you plan on doing some long rides next year.....you might consider sending the "Butt Butler" your seat (s) to rebuild.....that is if you have not already done it.

This is usually my busy time of the year to rework seats, but I'm still surprised and the number of folks who wait until later in the Spring when I'm getting ready to take off on a long ride myself. So if you have already put your bike up for the season, this is the perfect time to turn loose of your seat (s) to let me make them better for you.

[TABLE=width: 103]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl24, width: 103]http://www.venturerider.org/forum/photopost/showproduct.php?product=21&title=butt-butler-seat-mod&cat=16

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Let me know if I can help,

Rick

What do I have planned??? Several naps. Might mess with the bikes a little but not much to do til I start thinking, so I try not to do much of that!!

But since you brought it up Rick... That Corbin could sure use some help without raising me anymore. My short legs are making that thing a bear to handle for me so I'm going to be looking at removing leveling links and sliding front tubes up a inch or so.

I knew I shouldn't have started thinking!!! Oh yeah got to change rear tire and maybe repack mufflers....and LED lights to make Skid jealous....

That Corbin could sure use some help without raising me anymore. My short legs are making that thing a bear to handle for me so I'm going to be looking at removing leveling links and sliding front tubes up a inch or so.

Yammer Dan, be careful though not to exceed sliding the fork tubes up further than an inch or so. You overdo it and the bracket under the driving lights where the brake link is, can hit the top of your front fender and dent it. Seen to many bike with this funny dent because the tubes were slid up to much.