IGNORED

2015 International Rally

XV1100SE

I would not recommend the Hub again as it's not that good we were there in May going home from Mom & Dads meet and let me say sitting on the pot dodging water drops from the ceiling is no fun I was hoping it was from the shower and not the toilet itself ?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not recommend the Hub again as it's not that good we were there in May going home from Mom & Dads meet and let me say sitting on the pot dodging water drops from the ceiling is no fun I was hoping it was from the shower and not the toilet itself ?

That's a shame Buddy cause they had a lot going for them when Bill hosted the International there. Hope you informed the owner so they could set things right.

Larry

That's a shame Buddy cause they had a lot going for them when Bill hosted the International there. Hope you informed the owner so they could set things right.

Larry

I did and dint make a big deal in front of other customers told Randal at low tone so no one would hear me telling him he had issues

Buddy

What Bill stated is very true you don't need to live there to pull it off when we did Hub International only one closest to it was Colesgrandpaw but he was still 1 1/2 - 2hrs away I was 6hrs away Tom and Gunboat in south Texas say 10-12hr ride so it can be done !

If Bill does the St. Louis I just bet some of his committee will step up !

Buddy

i would'nt mind doing it again and i would try to muster up the same folks because i can depend on them 100%. buddy , colesgrandpaw, cinderella, probably did most of the work. had lots of help from folks not on the commitee like squidely freebird, blackowl,etc . i would just want someone to commit with me to cohost incase i can't handle it. a vote is the way to go on location. don pm'd me on the hub and asked me if i would do the international at the hub. it hit me like a rock i was honerd greatly and i agreed immediately. yep i was scared, but we pulled it off. put it up for a vote. thats the fair way to do it. don should have the last say so cuz it is his web site. :2133:

Folks, I want to take West Virginia off the table. I love West Virginia. It is beautiful country with some fantastic roads. We just had the rally in Alabama though and I feel that it needs to be moved more central or a bit more to the west for next year.

I sincerely appreciate the WV members who have stepped up and hope that they don't get discouraged and be willing to tackle it in the future.

Thanks,

Don

I hope it is MO also. I have traveled to S.D. in a cage towing a pop up and there is so much open ground in between exits and rest stops that I will not take that kind of a chance of any mechanical failure and being stranded in the middle of nowhere! I know that many of the members here cross deserts and wide open spaces on a regular basis but it is not of me!:no-no-no::no-no-no:

Ok, let me put a dog in this hunt.. Natchez Trace Parkway from Nashville to Natchez, or Natchez to Nashville deepending on how you hold the map.. 2-3 days to ride it and be a good tourist. Lots of history there. Spring or Fall, too damn hot and humid during the summer. Just saying.... Won't hurt my feelings either way.:confused24:

How about you guys from Michigan. The UP would be Nice

I would LOVE to Rick,, problem is I dont know what I will be doing or where I will be tonight, much less next summer (I got two girls out west that are bound and determined to move us out there),, life is just to crazy right now..

You are right about one thing, the U.P., at the right time of the year (when the skeeters and flys are down) is AWESOME!!

Even the northern lower Michigan area is amazing, I know of a CYCLES ONLY campground up in Interlochen Michigan that sets right on the corridor of some of Michigans finest riding. http://cycle-moore.com/

MMMM Traverse City. cherries, Pinconning-great cheese, anywhere up north of lake Manistee if I remember is good. Mackinac fudge. but them b 52 mosquitoes when do they ever go away that its not 30 deg.

Only the :snow2::snow2::snow2: slows down the B-52 skeeters.

Last deer season in the UP I was swattin skeeters with 6 inches of snow on the ground.

Just before pulling into a little pull off to drop our tent, about 5 miles west of Taquamenem Falls, I told Tippy that we would have about 3 minutes once we got stopped before the bombers attacked.. Made it thru tent set up with only a few thousand bites..

Sitting in the tent I told her I felt like I was still getting eaten alive.. Looked close,, discovered NO-SEE-UMS dont even notice the stop sign on the skeeter proof mesh on the tent!! TALK ABOUT BITING LITTLE SON OF A GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!

Really really pretty up there though,,, just dont stop and if you do - dont go into the shade!!

I would LOVE to Rick,, problem is I dont know what I will be doing or where I will be tonight, much less next summer (I got two girls out west that are bound and determined to move us out there),, life is just to crazy right now..

You are right about one thing, the U.P., at the right time of the year (when the skeeters and flys are down) is AWESOME!!

Even the northern lower Michigan area is amazing, I know of a CYCLES ONLY campground up in Interlochen Michigan that sets right on the corridor of some of Michigans finest riding. http://cycle-moore.com/

two girls, and an adopted son trying to move you our west. we ride all year round out here. :cool10: apparently I need to meet your daughters so we can team up to get you and Tippy out here. I am sure Venturefar would not mind the company either.

East TN would also be a nice area... but like WV, awful close to this past years event. I can see the logic of trying to stay west of the Mississippi if possible. Love the Sturgis suggestion if anyone could do it. I just hope it is somewhere that is not ALL cornfields. After picking up my trailer from Iowa a few days ago... seen enough corn and flat roads to last a lifetime... :rotf:

I have a friend that is the Manager of a Lodge near Nashville, Indiana. Has restaurant, bar, banquet room and I believe it has 60 rooms with camping within a mile. Also some very good riding in that are with lots to do In Nashville, with all kinds of craft shops, leather shop, and dinner house theater. Also really cool place for Breakfast or drinks in the evening is a place Called Story Inn and the ride there is really great. I believe people that have not been there would be surprised by Southern Indiana and the riding roads.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x886b862c9abc8d61:0x77ccc0e9c7a17b82!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i100!3m1!7e1!4shttps://plus.google.com/109595426219491545213/photos?hl%3Den%26socfid%3Dweb:lu:kp:placepageimage%26socpid%3D1!5sstory+Inn+nashville+-+Google+Search&sa=X&ei=3vzkU6vkBouKyASXwoDoAQ&ved=0CIMBEKIqMA0

Edited by Rick Haywood

I have a friend that is the Manager of a Lodge near Nashville, Indiana. Has restaurant, bar, banquet room and I believe it has 60 rooms with camping within a mile. Also some very good riding in that are with lots to do In Nashville, with all kinds of craft shops, leather shop, and dinner house theater. Also really cool place for Breakfast or drinks in the evening is a place Called Story Inn and the ride there is really great. I believe people that have not been there would be surprised by Southern Indiana and the riding roads.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x886b862c9abc8d61:0x77ccc0e9c7a17b82!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i100!3m1!7e1!4shttps://plus.google.com/109595426219491545213/photos?hl%3Den%26socfid%3Dweb:lu:kp:placepageimage%26socpid%3D1!5sstory+Inn+nashville+-+Google+Search&sa=X&ei=3vzkU6vkBouKyASXwoDoAQ&ved=0CIMBEKIqMA0

Indeed Rick,, it is BEAUTIFUL down there!! And those Hoosiers are great folks!! It would be neat to see Indiana on a list to vote on!!

Sedona AZ is a great area. Fantastic scenery and great roads. Grand Canyon and Brice canyon are a day ride away as is part of old rt66.

And Jerome,, oh my gosh,, and that the old road from Jerome thru Sedona to Flag,, OH MY GOSH...

"If you build it they will come":bighug:

Puc

2200 + just to get there from Calif coast