IGNORED

2015 International Rally

XV1100SE

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got the pm from don that i will be hosting the meet. i said in one of my earlier posts that i had a surprise if i was to get the meet. pmd don a couple of weeks ago and asked don if he would cohost the meet with me if st. charles was his pick. he said he would be honored to do so. he said he had not decided where the meet would be or when at that time. i am honored that he is giving me the chance to do it for a second time. what a great co host. i'm starting to put my commitee together. so far i have b2 mom and dad and eusa1. i have several more heavy hitters in mind. like i said i am going to start a thread to get input from all of you folks. the date is up to don. i want this to be the biggest meet ever. thats what i'm shootihg for. i'm setting up space for alot of people. we will have 2 big host motels accross the road from each other. a brand new campground with full hookups an primitive camping on a 140 acre lake close to the motels. check out 370 lake side park in st. peters, mo. on the net. i will be negotiating with them on reserving the the huge pavillion that will be finshed next week for our hangout and catered final meal. this park is awesome. they have bicycle, paddle boat and kayak rental plus a floating covered marina to sit on and eat. thanks to all that supported me on this thread. bill :welcome1::clap2:

Awesome!! :cool10: As soon as we get dates... I'll get this one penned in on the calendar.

Looks like RV sites 216 through 226 might work best for those who desire electric so that they would be next to the primitive area for those who don't need electric.

hey gary what do you think this is,giving out the numbers of my favorite sites.lol. 215 is mine. actually all of the sites with full hookups are really good. most are pretty level. i am pretty sure the primitive sites have electric. there were tents over there with air conditioners. i will see when we can start reserving sites for next year. it may not be till january. linda and i are going to camp over there during the meet. we always get site 215 cuz it is handicap and all concrete drive thru. linda has a hard time walking on gravel.they are steadily adding new stuff there daily. lots more campsites are being added. the the lake is a mile or more long and the camping areas border the lake.

CARRY ON---outstanding choice!-------an ice cream ride for Patricia and myself---------any place N. in July-August works gr8:sign outstanding::thumbsup2::usa::usa:-----------may b when can get the "AMBASSADOR" to make an cameo appearance????
could happen, lowel has showed up on my doorstep before. i will work on that.

CARRY ON---outstanding choice!-------an ice cream ride for Patricia and myself---------any place N. in July-August works gr8:sign outstanding::thumbsup2::usa::usa:-----------may b when can get the "AMBASSADOR" to make an cameo appearance????[/QU

Have to make a stop by Andy's Frozen Custard and have a concrete.

http://eatandys.com/

Edited by etcswjoe

i've got a new modern day plan for setting up rides. make up a paper listing important places to see, for example hannibal missouri, herman missouri, grants farm, etc. with an address taken from the main street in town where the action is. groups can get together and the ride leader can put it in their gps, and it will take you right there. than hit home and it will bring you back. hannabal for example is about a 200 mile round trip. the longest ride. grants farm is about 50 miles round trip. this way people can buddy up and ride where ever they choose and never get lost. ive been every where many times over around this area so i can tell you all about the great places to visit. i would print up papers with all the key places listed to go along with your registration packet and t-shirt. :2133:
Hey Bill any chance of squeezing in Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site, Collinsville, IL. into one of these rides. its only 40 minutes from St Charles.

Hey Bill any chance of squeezing in Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site, Collinsville, IL. into one of these rides. its only 40 minutes from St Charles.
not a problem, the way i want to do the rides since we are anticipating a big turn out, is people can group up and i will have addresses to alot of major places to see. the leader can put the address in their gps and it will take you right to the heart of the action. most of the longer rides to historic places and towns, will be very scenic. linda and i are going to have fun driving all over to get the addresses. for example hannibal will be one of the longer ride so i will have an address of a store on main street and it will take you right to the historic section on the river.:)

I should also add that I think Sturgis is a good suggestion. Do we have enough people around there to pull it of though? So much to do and see there. Last time I was there was 1998 I think and wouldn't mind going back.

Sturgis is pretty close to me only about a days ride. I'm sure I can help if its gonna be that close