IGNORED

How long have you had your Venture?

Venturous Randy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost 2 years now and 24K later and still feels like the day I rode it off the show room floor. I believe in the old school bikes, it may be a dinosaur but it's mine and I'm not exactly the springiest rooster in the barnyard either. Ride on and let the others brood about the speed life goes passing us by.

Which part of it Randy? :rotf:

The Blond side covers on this one are off our very first Venture, an 84 Royale that (just like Pegusus) I bought in 86 - sentimental stuff.. This is number 5 (not including parts bikes) for me - all 83/84's,, owned it 3 yrs - had 28k on than and now has 150k on it.. This will also be my second one that I took second out of and "short shifted" many many miles...

Lots of oil changes/carb syncs and tire swaps - yes,

wear out at least 1 tent/camera every summer - yes,

after spending years making a living spinning wrenches/restoring bikes its always nice to get away from working on bikes and go ride one instead = Venture ownership = priceless :cool10:

Puc

15 months got it with 42 k it now has 56 k on it and i was down and out for 5 months of that i love my venture and the folks on this site if it wasnt for yall i would not be riding due to major maint issues mostly elec thank you for all yalls help in keeping me on the road :322::322::322::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

Next week I would have had my 03 RSV exactly one year! Since then here is what took place motorcycle wise:

Joined this site. I was speaking with FREEBIRD prior, knowing ZERO about what to look for in a venture and he was an amazing example of how we all try to help give the best advice/ knowledge

Rode through Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, N.Georgia mountains, all in ONE year

Rode successfully through tail of the dragon, along with many from the site during Vogel...

Contributed many times to those on the site I have never met but needed some assistance/ help...

Contributed to St.Jude..

Participated in Patti and Don yearly BBQ in Martin,TN

Broke my previous record of miles ridden per year. Previous was 4,300 miles. Many reasons for that but I am approaching 11K with 6 weeks left...

Learned about stabil, techron, seafoam and pure gas locations and various websites for gear and parts...

Started to learn basic modifications and making proper corrections and fixes. Something I was not able to do without the EXCELLENT technical posts and calls from others...

Met, spoke to, written to, rode, and broke bread with some fantastic, really great people. Not limited to but including: Steve K, Brd7666, Dragonslayer, B2mom and dad, Ruffy, aussie annie and Al, the 3 musketeers who rode HD to the BBQ, monty,Brake pad and Karen, big Mike/ eusa1 and his wife, Buddy and his wife, Squidley, Rick butler, playboy, Dion, yammer Dan, GAwildkat, Kim from WV, Eck and Konnie, and a whole bunch more that my brain sees but forget the names....

This site is clever, fun, informative, protective, helpful, family oriented and down right amazing.

So thanks to you fine folks and this fine motorcycle , I have been allowed to free myself and live and enjoy more of my riding time knowing people like all of you are on this site !!!

2006 Venture bought in 2007 new off show room floor it was a hold over and they didn't sell it till I cam around.

So 6 years and counting.

I had other bikes but I like the Venture the best of the bikes I have had.

Just now getting it the way I want it.

Keep on tinkering.

Bubber

I've had my 2007 Venturette (RSTD) since June of 2008. Bought it as a brand new hold over. The Honey and I love it love it love it. Might just be the best $10,800.00 I've ever spent. Riding the bike together has done nothing short of enhanced our relationship with each other. There's just something special about saddling up together, her putting total trust in me and the machine, and bringing life down to just the road and the scenes.

I've had serious notions to change to a Venture, but everytime we take a trip on Red (the RSTD), I always come back to the question, "why"? It has been a phenomenal bike that has never let us down, and it has become part of our family. Who knows. maybe some day.