IGNORED

PrairieHammer and wife went down

Freebird

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin. Glad you 2 are ok. Young people driveing do not pay attention nowdays. They just drive and think everyone else should get out of there way. Don't let the insurance companys take advantage of you 2. you should be compansated for the bike,gear and pain and suffering that you have now and possabley in the future. They will try and settle with you really fast. Again glad you and wife are ok.

All the best to you and your wifes recovery Kevin, we appreciate you coming on and filling us in. Makes us feel better knowing your well enough to tell the story. Get every cent out of all your items, all the gear you were wearing, the helmets, all of it. If you need some help with values let us know, there are folks here that scour the web finding information on how much a good shape Venture will sell for.

First of all, Kevin, Good job of being aware of your surrondings, if you hadn't been paying attention, that dummy would have taken you both out like a bowling pin and the outcome would have been much worse. :mad:

Jeannie and I are relieved to hear that Deb nor you had any serious injuries. Heal well, and quick. Pay attention to yourselves, injuries sometimes take a few days to show up.

I got caught up in the garbage truck wreck first one not hit. Same news feed on wkbn, then I worked around it trying to go to cooks forest pa and another wreck 82 and 7. So I worked my way back down 11 to go to star supply in Youngstown and I saw your accident about 20 minutes after. I thought it was a gold wing. But I'm sure it was same accident. Pretty confusing area at the time and your bike was like almost up side down. I pulled over and someone was waiting to talk to trooper and told me car forced you off the road and stopped. I was surprised he stopped.

Wow small world. Don I thought you was at the hotel still yet. It was just the next exit down .

That whole are is dangerous. Dangerous in a hurry cagers all over.

then I worked around it trying to go to cooks forest pa and another wreck 82 and 7.

Mike, small world indeed. We were coming from COOK FOREST S.P. (having camped there the night before) on the way to Guilford Lake SP near Lisbon, OH.

I don't suppose you waved when you went by our wreck?

Man, that is a shame to see that beautiful bike and trailer beat up like that...

It is a shame.

At first glance, things don't appear so bad on the bike or trailer, but dig a little deeper and one finds a virtually nothing undamaged. The instrument cowling was broken completely away, the faux cover is broken and was just placed on the bike, the exhaust down turns are packed HARD with dry clay from the median, the left side cover is broken, although it appears OK, the front fairing stays are both bent up, the trunk mounting rack and rear subframe are broken, the trailer swivel hitch bar is bent, the trailer hitch is bent up toward the trunk and broken, the trailer body and fenders are cracked, the trailer tongue is bent, the left muffler is broken off, etc. The only plastic on the bike that is undamaged appears to be the front fender.

All indications point to the bike doing an upside down end for end flip (with the trailer) as well as a barrel roll or two. The trailer came to rest upside down and missing it's lid and contents while jack knifed and disconnected from the bike hitch, despite a big padlock on the hitch coupler. One safety chain was still connected, but the hook on the other chain was straightened out.

Must have been some huge forces involved.