IGNORED

Got rear ended.....bike is destroyed!

Who Dey

Got rear ended sitting at a red light and knocked into the car in front of me, my pride and joy is destroyed now! I have a real mixture of emotions going on right now, im really saddened about my bike, mad because of the work I have put into the bike and the money I am going to lose because of some idiots negligence, and VERY VERY thankful to be alive. Also very thankful that this happened the first time that my girlfriend couldn't be on the bike with me this year.....other than me riding to work and back that is.

Now I have to decide what to do about another bike. I know im not going to pay 20k for a brand new Venture until they update the bike and put fuel injection on it etc.......ARE YOU LISTENING YAMAHA??? If I buy a used venture it would have to be one that is cherry with low miles, then I would have to put a lowering kit on it like my old one had so it would fit me. I don't see any used Ventures locally at the moment that sparks my interest either. I am not an HD fan at all but the Street Glide and the Road Glide like Don just bought does fit me pretty good because they have a low seat. I have rode an Electra Glide which is similar to Dons bike and while I do like it pretty well, I just have a bad feeling that I may not like it like I did the Venture. My girlfriend has already voiced her displeasure about it and we didn't even get a half mile down the road. She is spoiled by the comfort of the Venture.

I am a very mixed up individual right now.....what's a guy to do???

Edited by Who Dey
mis spelling

If my 2009 Start xvs1300 Tourer was paid off i would gladly sell it el cheapo to you, I hate that bike, it only has 1750 miles on it since I bought it new, since i bought my 89 VR its the only one I ride.

At least you are OK, too many morons out there stuck in their virtual la la land on a road to ruin.

yeah it you were in Alaska I have two Honda Cx bikes for sale and sometime maybe not soon an 83 venture as soon as I get the CDI back in and the body painted.

Glad you are ok and that you were alone when it happened. Take the time and test drive a few bikes. Take your girlfriend with you. Since you will ride together might as well get her input. My husband did that, tried a bunch of different test rides before buying a new one.

Good luck with the next bike.

Margaret

Sure understand you mixed emotions that you must be feeling. I also get angry every time I hear about such accidents that should never have happened. In fact, I think these shouldn't even be called accidents when they result from selfish or bad driving. Hope there is some form of silver lining for you with your new ride, whatever it is.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/usmcxterra/74a19f79-ac7e-475e-90bb-7bc00ebbaea9_zpsfa47f8fe.jpg

Well what your going to do is when you get the new Venture, hit me up for my super duper Slap in the face tail light bar! (Above the plate) Custom made of 1/4 In Kyedex accommodates any light configuration. This one seen with high intensity LED truck lights and a Custom Dynamics Run and Flashing Brake light. And that 100 LED Tail light they make would be a good idea too. They just need a lot of HELP seeing motorcycles. Freebird has seen how well made and factory looking this is, er ah, after I blinded him with it.

Guest tx2sturgis

Sir, you are very lucky to be alive and typing about it...and I'm glad you're still with us.

Now get on about living the second half of your life and enjoy the search for a new bike!

:happy34:

Glad to hear that you're ok, sorry about the scoot, but that is a chance that we take when we hit the road, isn't it? Ya, it's not supposed to happen, but it does and will, so we need to ready to deal with it when it does happen.

Let us know if we need to help in finding another perfect ride!

I was just at the dealer and he said the Venture line has come to an end, there will be no rework. 2nd Gen is Last gen. So, You can just go get ya another 2nd Gen guilt free. No amount of waiting will work. And he showed me they book on this. So I saw it on my own with my contacts in! :080402gudl_prv:

Glad you are OK and fared better than the bike. Fight hard for the real replacement value of the bike. Search nationwide and collect/keep ads of similar condition bikes regardless of location. Use them to set the value, not a blue book.

Also, fight for the settlement to include your old bike as salvage so you can use any parts and sell the rest for upgrades for the new bike. Good luck !

You being here is enough. GOD is not finished with you yet!!! Now get a plan, wait a month or so, then as winter begins, These bikes get cheap. Keep a heads up, understand, these bikes are mass produced, there are lots of them. Just find the one you want your name on, and go for it. Thank GOD above for this oppertunity to do it again.

Bill

Glad your ok n still here to tell us bout it! go to cycletrader.com, then type in ventures n wala. ventures of all years n milage, color, n location. tiz where i found mine after i went deer hunt'n with my first one! 2nd one had less miles than the first, n found it local too! Good Luck in your search!!!!!:thumbsup2::2cents: