IGNORED

To All VR.org Members......

Aussie Annie

I am hoping that what I am about to post will be agreeable to all of you.

As stated in the trailer relay thread, we are planning to give the trailer we purchased from Gunboat to the S A Fund.

How those donated funds were to be raised has not been discussed yet.

Squidley has done an awful lot to that trailer, from wheel bearings to full paint job and

Don (Gunboat) was like a father to Brad..........

So The trailer will go to him..........and he will make the donation to the member fund.

P.S. Squidley has expressed interest in this trailer

I personally believe that Gunboat's shoes will be a very hard pair to fill. I think that members like Brad, (Squidley) are making an excellent effort to do just that. Over the years, I have had the pleasure to meet many of the members of VR.ORG. (including Gunboat) either in person, or online. Many have made an impression, and many have helped me to realize that it's the sharing of the road, the laugh around a campfire, the twisting of a wrench, the smile on a member's face when he or she effects a repair on their bike for the first time that keeps me coming back to this forum. As long as we ALL continue to share Gunboat's spirit and his love of the road, he will never truly leave us. People like Brad help us to remember what we are all here for. The time and effort he puts into the members of this forum is a continuation of the spirit of Gunboat. One trailer is a small price to pay for the continuation of that spirit. My wish would be to be as wise as Gunboat was, and as hard working as Squidley is. :thumbsup2:

Just my thought, for what they are worth.

Earl

Edited by skydoc_17
CRAYON BROKE!

Great idea, Annie.

And I think that Jaybird, at the International, could add a little something on the side of the trailer, for Brad. How about a donation to Freebird's Paypal to pay for Jaybirds time and effort? (Are you going to the Int'l, Don?).

Just an idea to think about, tho' time is short.

Jim

I could think of no one better to get the trailer when you are done with it. :thumbsup2:

I'll 2nd that as well.

I would be willing to put some funds into a hat at the International rally for the SA fund that would of gone into the biding for the trailer.

It'd be a win - win situation. The SA funds will get needed monies and Brad would get the trailer. Well deserved too I might add.

Larry

I would be willing to put some funds into a hat:cool10:

Santa Hal.

I'll 2nd that as well.

I would be willing to put some funds into a hat at the International rally for the SA fund that would of gone into the biding for the trailer.

It'd be a win - win situation. The SA funds will get needed monies and Brad would get the trailer. Well deserved too I might add.

Larry