IGNORED

I'm baaack!!

ReinyRooster

Well......I sold my 1st gen Venture in 2009 and was looking for a 2nd Gen everywhere.....could not find one that was in my price range....stumbled across a nice 2000 Goldwing so I bought it......very nice bike.....excellent motor....quiet and smooth....but since then developed an I.T. band syndrome, which is a long tendon that attaches below the knee, runs up the outside of the leg, over the hip and up to the top of the butt....was very painful...couldn't ride, couldn't even sit in a chair....before being diagnosed, I thought I needed a new hip, it hurt that bad. Anyway...couple months of physio and the situation is almost completely gone....except when I tried to ride. Couldn't even handle a 45 minute ride......the seating/foot position on that bike has your feet almost under your hips.....couldn't do it anymore....rode a friends 2nd gen for an hour and guess what....no pain at all......so I'm back.....the Wing is for sale and as soon as it goes, I'll be shopping hard for a 2nd gen..........you guys are stuck with me.....again!

Well......I sold my 1st gen Venture in 2009 and was looking for a 2nd Gen everywhere.....could not find one that was in my price range....stumbled across a nice 2000 Goldwing so I bought it......very nice bike.....excellent motor....quiet and smooth....but since then developed an I.T. band syndrome, which is a long tendon that attaches below the knee, runs up the outside of the leg, over the hip and up to the top of the butt....was very painful...couldn't ride, couldn't even sit in a chair....before being diagnosed, I thought I needed a new hip, it hurt that bad. Anyway...couple months of physio and the situation is almost completely gone....except when I tried to ride. Couldn't even handle a 45 minute ride......the seating/foot position on that bike has your feet almost under your hips.....couldn't do it anymore....rode a friends 2nd gen for an hour and guess what....no pain at all......so I'm back.....the Wing is for sale and as soon as it goes, I'll be shopping hard for a 2nd gen..........you guys are stuck with me.....again!

Just a suggestion...have you tried those medical grade foam rollers? I use them on my patients with tight ITB and they have helped tremendously. Stretch and use the roller 2-3 times a day and see if the IT band pain subsides. Even if you sell the wing, consider keeping on a stretching regimen to keep that pain in check. Also, let us folks here see and know about the GW for sale. Ya never know who is looking for one.

Barry

Good to see you back. I thought you might have just worn yourself out setting the deal with SCI on the diaphragms. You made a lot of people happy with that deal. Me included..... twice! LOL. So thanks again for that.

Hope you can get back into the saddle comfortabley real soon.

Mike

You know it is so nice to have an old member return, rather than an old member leave. Glad you decided to come back. They all know they want to come back eventually!

:wel_ani4Tay::wel_ani3Tay::wel_ani2Wa::wel_5Wa::wel_4Wa::wel_3Wa:BACK BACK BACK!

Yama Mama:smile5:

Guest Swifty
Thanks guys....have had fun over the years with this group....hoping to get back into it......soon.....

holy frickin cock a doodle dooooos............and just when I was going to sail off into the sunset..........

• 2 weeks later...

Wow another thread I somehow missed until now and saw your post about numbers, which had me looking back at your posts to see when you actually decided to resurface . Real glad to see you back Reinhard. Going to have to put you back on my friends list if that's ok with you. Guess I should have known better you can check out but you can neeevvvvver leave.

:thumbsup2: