IGNORED

How Many Miles Does Your 1st Gen Have ???

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My original '83 had 46K, the '83 parts bike had 63K, and the '86 engine had over 200K according to the previous owner...

since it is now a frankenbike with parts from all 3...Not sure how to figure that one out!

It sure runs GREAT with that V-boost in it!!:thumbsup2:

Doug

I'm not an owner of a first gen. but I'm surprised not to find much highers numbers. I know when I was looking to buy a RSTD in July I saw many second gen. with 50-80k on them. With that being said I expected to see many 100-200k numbers for second gen. I live in Florida and am not an Iron butt rider, a 50-75 mile ride (one way) is a long ride for me and the wife. We do have the ability to ride year round and we ride around 7-10k a year. So if you take a 1983 bike at 5k a year which is I think a low average it should have 140k on it. (28years x 5,000 miles = 140,000 miles)

Enough said and God Bless,

Jerry

I bought my 88 VR with 48,500 miles on it and it had two previous owners; I've put another 78,200 in the last eight years... Total Miles 126,700:dancefool:

An 1986 V.R. with 237112 miles. Maybe this organization should create a Pass Around Trophy and present it to the one with the most official miles on the speedometer at the end of the year . Then Pass it on respectivelly yearly. Well in this case you'll proabaly be keeping it for a few years or more like decades.