IGNORED

What'dya get?

Monty

Merry Christmas to all!

After our trip to Texas in September when the Crockett hotel in San Antonio wanted to charge us by the minute to use the hotel computer.....

We bought a 15.6 inch HP laptop, trip processor and a whole bunch of other computer geek language I don't understand....no talk of horsepower, cams, carbs, or the like. So, now we can have computer access pretty much when we want it.

I got a new pair of Vibram shoes....you know, the ones with the toes that look like ape's feet....they are so dang comfy!!! And they look cool as well. Beth so far has some new jewellry, the costume type...the real stuff comes January 15 when we celebrate our family Christmas....this is a second marriage for both of us, and it makes it hard for our kids to celebrate with everyone, what with boyfriend's and girlfriend's parents and families and all that goes with it.....so last year I suggested we have our Christmas in January when all our kids can make it....except for my youngest who lives about 9 hours away....it will be great to have everyone here, stress free...and just think of the bang for the buck that all will be getting on the boxing day sales

The end of February, we are booked on to a southern Caribbean cruise, departing from San Juan....yeah baby...I am so looking forward to some time off work.

OK, time to put this saga to rest......

gunk:thumbsup2:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nina & I have opened only one present each so far (there are more :D).

She got me a new 10" Drill Press (YIPPEE!!)

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D=930979&Ntt=930979&catalogId=10051&langId=-15&storeId=10051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber

And I got her a new Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS Digital ELPH 12.1 MP Digital Camera

After buying the new Pioneer sound system back at the end of Nov and then the new (to us) truck three weeks ago... we weren't going to buy gifts for each other but then we sold the old truck within 4 days of getting the new one so..... we went on a buying binge LMAO!!

All I can say is, thank gawd I rode yesterday. It got to 38 with a heavy breeze but I put on all the electric stuff including gloves and rode around for hours with a big smile on my face while people in their cages looked at me like I was insane. Little did they know, I am, and they did not know I was in my own little heated world, warm like toast. Now today, nope, white and ice, so I am forced to sit by the fire and drink antifreeze all day, waiting for the standing rib roast to get finished. Boy, life sucks, don't it? :snow2:

Lets see.....after working for 21 straight days I finally had to call in sick since I couldnt get my knee to unlock yesterday. Kids came over and we had a small Christmas get together last night. Knee finally started working sometime late afternoon. We exchanged presents and all had a good time. Vicodins make things so much more interesting:smile5:.

When all was unwrapped we had:

1 40 LCD TV for the upstairs bedroom.

1 LG Blu-Ray DVD player

New TV stand

XBOX with 250G drive

XM radio set-up for the bike

New iPhones

6" vise for the workbench

A set of HD towels (go figure)

Sketcher Shape-up sneakers...(yea, I need those)

Assorted dog toys for the two pups

Meat assortment from Swiss Colony...(no candy for this one

Home Repo gift card

Assorted small stocking stuffers.

Family time.......

Now, back to work I go because the mail never stops.

As Jehovah's Witnesses, we don't celebrate Christmas.

As you know, we are known for our door to door witnessing.

I was a bit worried on how we would be received on Christmas day....thinking we would be interrupting or disturbing folks on what many consider to be a special day.

So, today, we made a point of going to some who we have met in our door to door work who we thought would probably be alone.

As with Eck in another post, many folks who do celbrate Christmas are very lonely this time of year when they can't get together with family. Did you know it is one of the highest seasons for suicide?

We had a very enjoyable morning visiting folks who are celbrating Christmas...but were alone. We had some wonderful discussions about the Bible and Jesus role in our lives.

It really is a priviledge to honor God and give to Him the only thing we really have to give ....our time.

Got a new Shock and some saddle bag rails...not sure what eles...havn`t opened them yet. Kids are coming over in a bit, so a can spoil the grandson a bit...then gonna go take the bags off of the beast and get her ready to change out the shock....sure wish the wind would stop...makes for a cold day..

The best gift having my mom here, my oma and opa came for a visit when I was 16 and gave me a necklace and charm, took it off maybe 5x since, being old like me it broke twice in the last year, so Brad thought it was time to retire it before I lose it,and bought me a new necklace, also some clothes, a couple Sarahs angels, and surprise a pair of boots, the past 3 days have been great we took my mom to a concert in toronto on the 23rd, 24th went to the falls to see the lights and fireworks, and today watching movies,on the new tv, eating the dinner mom made, we helped a little, its been a great few days with mom and kids

Naugh-T

Home this morning, in-laws this afternoon with all the little ones, home tonite with my daughter and her fiance and their "kids" (****zu and a small shepard mix) staying over then off to Columbus OH for my families Christmas tomorrow.

Got:

Blue-ray dvd w/ internet, wifi,etc

Clash of the Titans blueray dvd

Bunch of tshirts that'll eventually be bike cleaning rags

A nice polo shirt

NO blue jeans!!

A beautiful snow covered yard

Great neighbors and family

a WHITE Christmas................

You have to like that.

Had a great Christmas, all the kids were here along with Rhonda's mother. Had a good meal, could not even eat any of the pies. Was busy the last few days, yet got to relax with everyone.

Got a set of fish tail tips, may be one of the last sets as I understand. Nice propane heater for the garage.

Hope all enjoyed thier day.

Brad

I got to sleep in for my Christmas present on Christmas Day. My wife and I entertained 24 people for a complete 6 course meal on Christmas Eve and we are both exhausted, we were cooking for three days. My wife makes everything from scratch, from the clam dip to the salmon mousse, clam fondue, lobster bisque, beef in rosemary cream sauce, honey/lemon chicken, ham, and bacon wrapped scallops Plus all the side dishes and desserts. We do not exchange gifts because if we want something, we just buy it. We help a couple of local families with gifts and food for Christmas.

Hope everyone has a great Holiday and a happy new year.

Jim

What did I get this Christmas? Time!

Time to try yet again to get this life right; time to witness the unvarnished love & wonder of grandchildren; time to reminisce about Christmases past and loved ones no longer with us; time to voice heartfelt care and a blessing for my fellow humans, particularly my fellow Venturerider.org brothers & sisters; time to marvel at God's creation-earth and the amazing abilities He's given various people to paint and photograph it---to see through their eyes something that I may not ever experience myself. I received time, enough to finally start to understand, really understand that it isn't about us, about me...but it is ALL about Him!

I received no gifts in the conventional sense and for the first time in memory, not only did I really, truly not care one iota, but that fact never came to mind until I wrote this post! I got time--to love and be loved......I got time to be hated & despised, if someone is so disposed. A fact, about which I care not!

I got enough time to figure out....It really is about "Who You Know" (hint, nudge, poke)! I also got a feeling that what I got for Christmas ain't any different than most of you all, when you get down to it.

It was a very, very good day!

Had all 5 of our kids home and healthy, plus there other halfs. Also our son in laws sister and brother (they have a mother in Utah But no other family but themselves up here). And a first Christmas with our six month old Grandson. I also got to visit my Father in the hospital, something as you all know I have been unable to do for maney weeks because of my coughing. Still not as good as it would have been If He was out and among us but better than not seeing Him at all.

On the down side my Son in law was a perfect help to my wife with setting up dinner and cooking etc. Boy I can see now what will be expected of me next year. All my years of hard work at messing things up, just so I could be told to sit down and get out of the way, down the tubes just because of Him. :bang head:

WARNING: you guys with daughters beware of thier perfect husbands and boy friends. After years of bliss your wife suddenly gets the Idea, once again that you can be retrained.:doh:

Edited by saddlebum

I'm hard to buy for... Too many interests and too many play toys already. But I did tell the wife that if it gets cold enough she's going to have a White Christmas. She laughed and said 'Yeah right'. So I gave her a 2 pound box of See's white chocolates.... :sign woo hoo:

I got to sleep in for my Christmas present on Christmas Day. My wife and I entertained 24 people for a complete 6 course meal on Christmas Eve and we are both exhausted, we were cooking for three days. My wife makes everything from scratch, from the clam dip to the salmon mousse, clam fondue, lobster bisque, beef in rosemary cream sauce, honey/lemon chicken, ham, and bacon wrapped scallops Plus all the side dishes and desserts. We do not exchange gifts because if we want something, we just buy it. We help a couple of local families with gifts and food for Christmas.

Can I come to yur house for christmas next year, souded like a hell of a dinner.:fatsmiley:

I never ask for anything nor do I ask what another may want. During the year I usually figure out something for someone. Love the looks I receive when they open their presents. They usually like the thoughtfulness, consideration, and the time I put into their gift. Rarely does the gift have to be expensive. I do like the art of giving more then I do the receiving but every once in awhile someone puts the same effort into giving me something and it is richly rewarding!

I also do all my shopping before the holidays. Without any younguns around the house I do not fool with tree or lights either. Still waiting on grand kids for that. I am able to enjoy the holidays watching others do the hustle and bustle without having to get immersed in the madness! I love Christmas, stay focused on why we celebrate it, and love the unwrapping of gifts!!