IGNORED

What'dya get?

Monty

we dont get caught up in the comercial part of it which is all good, i'm glad to hear that people had a great time and got some cool preasents. as far as mine went it was the worst one on record but hey life is still good and god is still god, just cant figure out my oldest,o well everybody have a great new year!!!!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we had a great day with both our son's and their families. Everyone was in a good mood, but the best present other than that was::::::

A "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock "geek" T-shirt because my current favorite show is Big Bang Theory! :)

Don

I got memories of my dad and grampa walking the railroad tracks looking for/picking up coal. Wasn't anyone giving it away at that time.:backinmyday::snow:

We did the same thing... trains hauling coal out of the Spec Mines in Virginia. It was a different world then...

:happy34:

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

We get so much more living the reason for the season. People who have been able to do this know the feeling of the unconditional love that it brings to both the ones giving and the ones receiving. It still puts me in awe when folks that have nothing to give, receive, and it changes their lives. This is better than any gift I have ever received and I will continue to do it until I no longer can.....good on you folks too for all you do

:thumbsup2:

Since my oldest boy was about very young, he would ask us to sponsor a "brother" in Africa. We have given to World Vision ever since. We have a young boy we have cared for now since he was a baby. His village has goats and chickens as well as school supplies, and my brother-in-law thought that was such a great thing for us to do he bought a medical clinic last Christmas for World Vision. This is over and above what we are able to do with our local charities year round. The Squid is right... it is a great gift to give.

I did get a fantastic Sony A330 camera with 200 mm zoom for taking pics of the kids sports and stuff. As a good romantic plumber my wife got a new bathroom sink and tap set.

Hope you showed your good wife how much you appreciate all her hard work in hunting up those tips.

Yes Gary I did and I appreciate what she went through to get these. But I understand a whole bunch of people were looking all over the place. You guys sure go the distance and then some :rotf:, even forgoting them at home.

I know Naugh-T appreciates the help and so did I.

Thanks to all

Brad

Well spent Christmas day over at the son and future daughter in laws home. Along with my parents, aunt and future in-laws of the daughter in-law to be. As an added treat, we all Skyped the 2 grand-daughters opening all their presents in MA! That was the best part to see them (they are 2 & 3 years old now) .

I wasn't really wanting anything as I told everybody, but I did selfishly except what they gave me, LOL!

Craftsman Doggy-bone socket/wrench set

T-Shirts

Case of chewing tobacco

1T external Hard-drive

Whals weed-whacker for the facial hair

4 1/2 Right angle grinder

$ towards new MC tires

Hercules guitar stand (to keep at the shop)

*Parts for my new guns that I'm building*

MagPul collapsible stock

Troy Industries BattleSite Tritium Di-Optic Aperture (DOA) rear folding sight

$200.00 towards NFA BATFE Tax Stamp for my new2 short barrel rifles, PWS Diablo uppers (7" barrel , CQB comp, gas piston,long stroke/full auto assembly bolt)

Greissle SSA-E drop in trigger and lower parts kit

CMMG MOD4 stripped lower receiver

PWS Enhanced buffer tube assembly

So saying , other than the presents, I was more pleasant to be with family, friends and 5 days OFF! Woo-Hoo......will not see days off again until June.

BEER30

Hey Capt: We are a little north of you (about 1300 miles) and you would not like the weather up here. We do this every other year for our friends and relatives. My wife likes to cook these large meals and entertain. The ironic thing about this dinner is, we eat out three or more times a week and my wife only does this about half a dozen times a year. She starts planning the Christmas dinner in August, when she assembles the dinner menu and develops the recipes. I am the guinea pig in Oct and Nov as she tries the recipes out on me. The food always turns out terrific!

Jim

Wife and I put in some time at Soldier Angels putting together about 200 goodie boxes and Soldier Angel back packs. The back packs are filled with items that a soldier may need when he is injured in the field and his service cloths gets cut off of him or her and when they get evac. to a hospital and need replacement clothes and personal care kit. Lots of things in the backpack including if allowed munchies. One of the best thing about Soldier Angel is its location almost right across Brookes Army Medical Center off of IH-35.

Oh and my wife and I, one gift for the both of us A NEW TAILWIND MOTORCYCLE TRAILER, COME ON DOWN!!!!. once I figure out how to re size the images I will post some photos. This is truly a high end toy. Has self contained built in air compressor, interior light tire repair kit and 25ft of hose for the compressor and the best suspension in the industry, BAR NONE!!! Read the info on the web site, http://www.tailwindtrailers.com/index.htm and it's built about 45 miles from here in Spring Branch, so I can say I picked it up at the factory.

Had a wonderful weekend with my son and his wife. Drove all the way from Dallas.

Found out he is not a Glen Beck fan.

Merry Christmas and I everyone a Great, Fantastic NEW YEAR!!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Rickey L. Ashley

In keeping with tradition on here, post what ya got for Christmas.

(I know, I am so materialistic):whistling:

I got... Best of all...everyone here for Christmas!

Playstation 3 with Black Ops

Motorcycle cover

Clothes

New boots

Shoulder holster and extra magazine

And a tool set I really like

I really like that tool set too. Wanna adopt a live-in brother? LOLOL Doesn't take much, eh?

In keeping with tradition on here, post what ya got for Christmas.

(I know, I am so materialistic):whistling:

Dad got me a pair of red Windblocks to keep my knees warm! Of course I did send him the link from this site and "recommend" them for him...oh wait, he just switched to a GW, guess he didn't need them anymore, but he took the hint!:dancefool:

Big gift was a Rivco center stand for the 09 RSV. Also got DVD of "Bridge Over the River Kwai" (great movie). Here's some trivia for ya - did you know that the author of "Bridge Over the River Kwai" (Pierre Boulle) also wrote a novel called "Monkey Planet" that the movie "Planet of the Apes" was based on?

Big gift was a Rivco center stand for the 09 RSV. Also got DVD of "Bridge Over the River Kwai" (great movie). Here's some trivia for ya - did you know that the author of "Bridge Over the River Kwai" (Pierre Boulle) also wrote a novel called "Monkey Planet" that the movie "Planet of the Apes" was based on?

Did you also know that the film changed the name to Bridge On The River Kwai. Boulle's book (90% fiction, but loosely based on bits and pieces of real events surrounding the construction of the Burma Railroad) was titled Bridge Over The River Kwai. Not sure of the reason. Another piece of great trivia from that movie was the origin of the tune that the prisoners whistled while they marched. It was called the Col. Bogey March (originally written in 1914), and later became the River Kwai March. Everybody seems to know it, but many older folks actually associate it with Mitch Miller, who made it his theme song years later. (I'll be humming it all day, now that it's in my head!) :whistling:

Sorry, I'm a trivia nerd, especially about movies.

Lets see.....after working for 21 straight days I finally had to call in sick since I couldnt get my knee to unlock yesterday. Kids came over and we had a small Christmas get together last night. Knee finally started working sometime late afternoon. We exchanged presents and all had a good time. Vicodins make things so much more interesting:smile5:.

When all was unwrapped we had:

1 40 LCD TV for the upstairs bedroom.

1 LG Blu-Ray DVD player

New TV stand

XBOX with 250G drive

XM radio set-up for the bike

New iPhones

6" vise for the workbench

A set of HD towels (go figure)

Sketcher Shape-up sneakers...(yea, I need those)

Assorted dog toys for the two pups

Meat assortment from Swiss Colony...(no candy for this one

Home Repo gift card

Assorted small stocking stuffers.

Family time.......

Now, back to work I go because the mail never stops.

What recession? :confused: LOL