IGNORED

Best Left-Over??

Yammer Dan

OK its winter!!! Once in a while the Warden gets busy and don't want to do my eggs, taters, biscuits, saugage & gravy. So I take a look in the fridge to see what has been left there. This morning there was some leftover O'Brian potato Hamburger Helper. Fried a couple eggs tossed them on top along with a hot pepper and I'll have to remember that one.... GOOOD!!

Now gotta move that fire extinguisher back to the bathroom!!!

Whats your favorite leftover???

Whats your favorite leftover???

Almost anything is oftentimes better as a leftover coz all the flavours have had a chance to "mingle".

Spagetti sauce

Stew

Soup

Baked beans

Chili

(all home made of course)

Being there's just the 2 of us, we almost always have leftovers. Sometimes we even have leftovers of the leftovers ... or sometimes we have 2 or 3 meal leftovers for a real variety of a meal LOL. Depending on what the leftovers are, they sometimes wind up becoming a soup, which generally becomes a leftover which, after a couple days, gets more leftovers added to it LOL

So, it kinda looks like a "modified leftover" is my fav. leftover!

geeeeesh... after typing the word "leftover" so many times, it's starting to look weird!

I eat leftovers most of the time.

I'll fix a crockpot of stuff like soup, stew, spaghetti, goulash, etc; and eat it until I get tired of it, then it will go in the freezer in baggies.

I can later go exploring in the freezer and pull out out last month's leftovers for a surprise meal.

I will make a large kettle of chili with vinison and pork on one day, refrigerate it overnight and reheat at simmer for 6 hours the second day. Then it is ready to eat. Whatever is left I vacuum seal and freeze. Weeks or months later it is just as good as the time we first ate it.

Got to go check the freezer now!

:farmer:

Meatloaf!! Good hot or cold, makes a dandy sandwich! We don't have it that often, and nowdays we only use Bison meat so it's especially good...

Bison does make great Meatloaf dont it; after eating bison for a while and then try to eat a pice of beef is like chewing on a hunk of lard;

my favorite though is bison heart few years back i used to shoot two bison every thursday; and the hearts were mine!!!

dray

So, it kinda looks like a "modified leftover" is my fav. leftover!
I second that one.

My favourite motto is "cook once, eat many."

Leftovers also make a great lunch for work. Sure get some envious comments from the sandwich brigade and the pizza by the slice bunch.