IGNORED

Valero Stations....I'm on a rant!

Squidley

I don't usually get on a public rant about things, but I am now, I'll try to keep it short. About 6 weeks ago I had work done to my car, installed a new fuel pump and sending unit. Got the car back and it was running great, went to fill it up as it was empty. Stopped at a VALERO station in Tomball Texas on 249 just north of FM 2920. I ended up getting a tankful of bad gas from that station. $400 bill later from the garage the car was running again. I submitted a form to get them to pay for the repair as it was nothing I did to cause it. Well they decided to not pay the repair, so now I am starting phase 2 of my campaign against them, and give as much bad publicity as I can. I have nothing to gain by trying to scam them, I paid out the money so it's money lost for me right now. I try very hard to play by the rules and become extremely irritated when others dont play by the same rules. There are quite a few folks that know me here and my character, I can let a lot of things slid, but this time, I am going to be the biggest PITA to VALERO until they make this right. Think twice before you use VALERO, needless to say I wont be supporting VALERO and will give as much negative talk about them as I can until they step up and do the right thing.

:soapbox:

I would suggest you go back to the store with a gas can and get a $1.00 worth of the bad gas, then take it to an attorney, where he will charge you about $100 to send them a "drive by letter"..

They would rather pay the bill then go to court..when you have proof that their gas is bad.

So sorry for all your trouble bro..:confused24:

The bad gas usually comes from the tank being filled right before you get there and it stirs up any condensation that has settled to the bottom. You have no way of knowing that unless you see the tanker there. This is a common problem. But still they should make it right, because it is the right thing to do. I would agree they would not want a law suit because it would be cheaper to pay the $400 than a attorney. I don't know if you can get a bad sample unless you watch out for the next tanker to come along, but an attorney could give you advice on your course of action. Good Luck.

My brother in law owns an auto repair center and whenever he notices a rash of fuel system problems he starts asking customers questions.

He will often find that most of them all bought gas at the same station on the same day. That gas station confronted with that kind of evidence just pays the repair bills.

Do you have documentation from the repair shop that the damage was caused by bad gas? If so, I am thinking a lawyer could get it settled for you fairly quickly.

Yup, he's got about six gallons of the stuff. it don't look like gas, alcohol, turpentine, :puzzled: or anything I've seen.

Hey Brad, Sorry you learned the hard way. I wouldn't put Valero crap in my lawn mower. Rather than dealing with the local jerk, recommend you call their corporate hq. I had a similiar issue one time and the fella told me to suit him, so I did. Ended up costing them several thousand more than if they would had just paid for the initial damages. In the end, it didn't cost me a dime. A very, very pleasurable experience.

What in the world cost $400? Should have had some labor to drain the tank, and change out the fuel filter. Pump shouldn't have been hurt at all. Sounds like your getting the shaft all the way around.

BTW, I used to be a Service Manager/Tech, so I do have some idea of what it should cost.

As Ponch mentioned I have about 6 gallons of the stuff that was in the tank. As far as the bill it broke down to this, drop the tank and remove the sending unit and fuel pump. Replace the o2 sensor as it coded, when they pulled the diagnostic check on it. New fuel filter and I had a lifetime warranty fuel pump on it so I had a new one installed.

I'm not positive if there was a tanker there when we pulled up or not. I KNOW that I can't be the only one that got bad gas that day, no way. There just playing me and seeing if I'm going to go away....fat chance of that. You folks haven't even seen a glimpse of how much of an ahole I can be, if they keep playing me, they will find out. Like mentioned, I'm not out to scam anyone, I just want whats right.

I have had a couple members PM me with some advise and I really appreciate it. My next step is making a call to the Texas attorney general and weights and measures, turn up the heat a bit. All I'm looking for is $44 spent on a tank of crap gas and the repair bill which is $390 and some change. If they do this in fairly short order I will cease and desist with this campaign, if not I will start adding monies on for my aggravation and time which will be documented.

I also like the idea of filing a claim in court, that will definitely let them know that I am serious and I'm not going to play nice :whistling:

Guest scarylarry

You are lucky I bought a new Dodge in 2002 black 1/2 ton sport model, dealer open the doors to drive it out for me, I stop at truck stop on 65 and 31W in Franklin Ky. and fill up put my credit card in at the pump went home and the truck was running roughing wonder if I was going to make it home next wouldn't start, called dodge and they came and got it..

If was full of diesel, remember I paid with a CC so now I have pump number on the receipt and the type, and it show regular gas....Driver dump all the diesel in the regular tank..

They rebuild they rebuild the engine and furnish me a new truck to drive for 6 weeks while the work was being done...

Called a lawyer and he said from the looks of it they repair it and would be hard press to collect any damage out of it....

So now I sniff over the nozzle to make sure, yea sounds dumb but the hit I took on it was not good...

i have heard a LOT of people complaining about Valero gas, in the past.

i have worked in their Corpus Christi refinery. it is one of the dirtiest places i ever worked, and i have worked refineries coast to coast and border to border!

the only way i would buy their crap product, would be to get me to another station.

sorry for your troubles, brad.

hope you get to break it off in-'em!

just jt