IGNORED

good news,bad news

oldgoat

hello ,everyone,

dianne here old goats female friend.

first i want to say thank you all old goat came home with a smile from ear to ear.

about 3 hours ago while sitting with him and drinking ice tea he got up and gave out a loud sigh. then he hit the floor. ambulance was called and he was rushed to the E.R

they worked on him for a hour. came out to talk to his sister and I as im not family. said he was doing ok. but needs to stay in the hospitial. for a while. it was not a stroke. but a bad attack of his MS. he has been off the shots he use to take due to headaches and the knee and shoulder and neck problems. he has 2 iv,s and over 4 bags of stuff being put into him. will be put back on the shots after they get him stable again??

he was crying when we left him said. he thought he was going to leave us all behind there for a while. his daughter amber is on her way from minnesota to see him. been 2 years since they been together due to his health . he made a vow to family here and us me as well. that he will work on taking better care of himself. lose some weight hes heavy and he knows it.

any way thank you all so much for making him feel so welcome

he said not to worry you cant keep an old goat down

Dianne

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dianne-

Our thoughts and prayers and with you and the "old goat" that we can recover quickly and return home.

We have a 20 y.o. son with MS. We understand.

Get him back on his med (or one of the others). There are so many new therapies coming along, maybe he can get help through trials etc.

Dave & Jan

Really sorry to hear this. I never have enough time to visit with each person the way I would like to but did get to visit with James a bit over the weekend. He is a great guy and it is certainly too soon for him to be leaving us. Glad to hear that he is recovering and please let him know that he is in our prayers and that we sure expect to see him again next year.

hello again, cherie his sister and i left james at 8:30 pm they kick ya out at that time?

james was in pain. they gave him a shot knocked him out . so he,s resting best as he can. doctors will be running test,s on him early tuesday?

CT scan. some kind of Pads test?then shock the nerves to his left side? spinal tap? and some more i cant recall. he keeps grabbing his head says it hurts? then starts to fade in and out? doctors said this has happend before about 4 years ago. thats what his sister said to me. they where not sure what was going on at that time?

he,s on methopredizone (steroid treatment i think)? lots of pain medication. he asked for something to eat. nurse said nothing solid. he got beef broth . and jello.

he said he was going to call big tom tom something like that from here for ice cream?

he did ask his sister and I to bring him something from home. he wanted his Tshirt freebird?? gave him? its in a chair by his bed. with the picture showing. he best not be thinking of checking out on all of us. docs said he,s going to be okay. but being scared they understand. well im going to bed soon. please understand i never knew my dad this man is as close as i have to being one. and i have only known him for 2 years. it tears my heart out to see him suffer like this. i hope im posting in the right place? this is how trust full he is to me. to give me his password and to let me come here. thanks again

Dianne

I hope he gets better real soon. You are a good friend for looking after him like you do. I wish I could've met him at MD, or if I did, I don't remember.

So just tell him that he has to be at MD next year, so I can meet him for sure, and you come with him, ok?

Take care of him for us.

Monty