IGNORED

darn weather

wdneff

:sick: Now I know what it feels like to live in the north, this weather in the midatlantic is driving me crazy. The bike hasn't been out of the garage since before Christmas. It took me 5 hours with the tractor to dig out the driveway on Sunday and now where getting more. The wind is going to get high and blow it around as well. Where starting to blame the darn Groundhog.

:sick: Now I know what it feels like to live in the north, this weather in the midatlantic is driving me crazy. The bike hasn't been out of the garage since before Christmas. It took me 5 hours with the tractor to dig out the driveway on Sunday and now where getting more. The wind is going to get high and blow it around as well. Where starting to blame the darn Groundhog.

:snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2: Each little face is for every inch we got yesterday and last night. T'is the season.

Want to feel my pain? Try my snow cam. Wheather man says "It's just getting started".

Sigh.... I did get out last thursday and seafoamed her and then topprf off the tank. I love that SF, After I had been out a hour or so the bike was running better then when I left. I also think I found a shell station that has the no ethanol gas at the pumps. I dont see and stickers on the pumps etc. I think in PA they have to have the stickers.

You have to copy and paste this URL into the "open URL" box in Windows Media Player:

http://24.127.168.52:1048 to see the cam. Sound is off now. But I may fix that If I get bored...er......:doh:

Cam was down for awhile, back up now. Computer I use for cam is acting up.

Edited by ddoggma
update

Sounds like you guys are getting the winter weather we usually expect. Today is just around the freezing mark and we have had (relatively) little snow this winter. Although we have had a couple of cold snaps with temperatures a little below 0 °F, it has mostly been much better than average in New Brunswick, Canada.

I shouldn't speak too soon because it could still turn nasty - not unusual to get a major snowstorm up until the end of March or even later. In the meantime, the scoot is still resting peacefully in winter storage because even if we get a day or two warm enough to ride (anything above freezing is OK for me) there is still too much ice, sand and salt on the roads. Hopefully I'll be able to get the bike back on the road in another four or five weeks.

(Im)patiently waiting for spring!

Ross

28" ON SATURDAY AND 8" SO FAR TODAY A PERIOD OF RAIN AND NOW WHITE OUT CONDITIONS. Did ride the bike acouple days in Jan. We expect another 10" inches in the PM today. Sorry for the caps. Thank god for tractors or my but would be snowed in til Easter. Chris:draming::snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2:

Edited by ridgway1

We finally have gotten a normal snow storm last night here. 10" of it total. Roads are clear and wet since plows have done their job. Our last storm was a no show and even that wasn't supposed to go over a couple inches. So we had clear ground till yesterday.

You southern folks need all this snow and rain just to refill the rivers and lakes. Touring though some southern states last summer really showed how little wayter was left in them.

Larry

We got HAMMERED over the weekend, 21/2 feet of snow in 11 hours, lost power and heat for two days. It started snowing AGAIN last night and now we have another foot of snow with winds 40+ MPH.:snow2: Because of the plowing I did over the weekend, I have 15 foot snow drifts in front of my shop! We are literally running out of places to put snow!! I am getting weary of winter.:cold:

Earl

We got HAMMERED over the weekend, 21/2 feet of snow in 11 hours, lost power and heat for two days. It started snowing AGAIN last night and now we have another foot of snow with winds 40+ MPH.:snow2: Because of the plowing I did over the weekend, I have 15 foot snow drifts in front of my shop! We are literally running out of places to put snow!! I am getting weary of winter.:cold:

Earl

Earl,

90 days of Michigan Winter down (yawn....) and only 60 days to go (150 days = 5 months) then 2 Months Summer and who the heck knows what in between LOL. Also every Saturday afternoon is BIKE-DAY a 20 to 30 minute warm up.

:draming::draming::draming::draming::draming::draming::draming::draming:

I know what you mean. We have had a drought for 7 yrs. Now all that rain we missed is coming in one year. I have never gone this long with out riding. Rod

Rod,

Come on man. I am in SD today from the East Coast. I admit that yesterday sucked, but it was still rideable compared to the East Coast getting 2 feet plus of snow. I hope you were out today, since it was absolutely perfect for a ride. I wish I could move back here today.

Todd

Supposedly an "El Nino" is causing the storm kick-up, also driving it further south than normal patterns. We got enuff around here to last for awhile, I don't mind snow at least once in the winter, otherwise I would hate the cold! Of course I'm saying this while I'm no longer employed in a constant outdoor job situation (sign company the last 8yrs) and have control over when I do!

... encouraging. Here in Ft Collins we had 3" three da:snow2::snow2::97::draming::7_6_3[1]:days ago. Coffee helps, and dreaming of sunshine. Today, all snow is melted, and tomorrow is in the mid 40's. Will try out the new thinsulate liner gloves in my big riding gloves for a short ride; will be the first time with the liners, and I am hoping finger tips stay warm! May have to go with heated gloves. No snow on E Slope for the last two days, so the sand should be gone. I preferr riding in the low 50's though.

Hang in there all you snowed in folks. SPRING is promised by the Good Lord each year!

And may all of us ride safe, long, hard, happy and as often as possible. :Venture:

YUP, I ride in any direction except up or ... down!

JackZ