IGNORED

What is your reasoning???

E-Fishin-C

They get outrun by them. If I was going to get rid of the RSV it would probably be for a Wing because I wanted more power but still wanted a touring bike. That and, the cost of a new shock on the RSV is just plain crazy and they still haven't fixed the problem yet.

While I dearly love my Venture I just want a change and I do not think Yamaha is going to do a thing..Thats why I am waiting till September to make up my mind. Also That is why I am not posting my Venture Yet either here or in any Ads.If it sells it sells,if it dont thats OK to,but September I will either be on a 2011 Gold Wing or a hopefully redesigned Venture. I like the looks of the Venture better but the power and plug and play of the Wing is awesome.

I had a 1984 aspencade, then later went to the Venture, One because, we were in Star touring & riding . But now, when we travel, wings pulling trailers BLOW BY US!!!!!.

and the question comes out of the wifes mouth, how come, we don't travel that fast. well, 1st we have a 1300, they have a 1800, the venture, slames into the wind like hitting a brick wall, the wings, slice through it.

Hmmmm......how much power is enough?

If you're a touring rider, isn't a machine that will run comfortably at 110mph fast enough?

I owned a 1500 Goldwing for 6 years, and an 1100 GW before that. I know the riding position of a Wing....and for MY BODY, the Venture is soooooooooooo much more comfortable.

Can someone on a GL1800 outrun me? Sure. But a Busa will outrun the 1800....so what's the point. Somebody's bike will always be faster.

I have fond memories of Big Red (my 94 Wing), and even...silly as it sounds...fond emotions toward that bike. So many miles, so many great trips, new friends met, etc.....but I sure wouldn't go back to it now that I have my Venture.

Yeah, the shocks are priced at a ridiculous amount, no doubt. And the Venture has its quirks....but so do Wings, even 1800's. Go read the GW forums and you'll see what I mean. People there complain about the 1800's issues as much if not more than people here complain about the Venture's issues. None of them are perfect.

Nope, for me the comfort of the Venture cannot be beat (well, I admit I haven't ridden the Victory, so I don't know about that one). I realize that other's bodies may react differently and some may actually prefer the seating position of the Wing...but not me.

:2cents:

I had a 1984 aspencade, then later went to the Venture, One because, we were in Star touring & riding . But now, when we travel, wings pulling trailers BLOW BY US!!!!!.

and the question comes out of the wifes mouth, how come, we don't travel that fast. well, 1st we have a 1300, they have a 1800, the venture, slames into the wind like hitting a brick wall, the wings, slice through it.

Couple of suggestions for ya.....

1. Change to a Vmax-geared rearend. You won't believe the difference it will make.

2. Get a more aerodynamic windshield, if you are still using the Yammie stock one. That thing is definitely a pig. A shorter ShowChrome (which is what I have) or the Clearview will make a huge difference in that "slamming into the wind" feeling.

You still won't outrun an 1800, but I'll bet you'll be more comfortable after a full day in the saddle.

Joe

Couple of suggestions for ya.....

1. Change to a Vmax-geared rearend. You won't believe the difference it will make.

2. Get a more aerodynamic windshield, if you are still using the Yammie stock one. That thing is definitely a pig. A shorter ShowChrome (which is what I have) or the Clearview will make a huge difference in that "slamming into the wind" feeling.

You still won't outrun an 1800, but I'll bet you'll be more comfortable after a full day in the saddle.

Joe

I called you.

Hmmmm......how much power is enough?

If you're a touring rider, isn't a machine that will run comfortably at 110mph fast enough?

If it can run comfortably 2-up and loaded at 80mph is fast enuf. Let the Wings blow by me...who cares... I'll still get there albeit 5 minutes later LOL

Can someone on a GL1800 outrun me? Sure. But a Busa will outrun the 1800....so what's the point. Somebody's bike will always be faster.

:sign yeah that:

Is a 35+ year Mechanic. When he told me my Venture was a HEMI and a Softail and would stomp any HD hands down (given equal driver skills) and is nearly bullet proof I almost passed out. My head swelled so big I bet my FF-Helmet would not of fit at that moment. I clearly asked him why he did not have one??? He replied his 92 GW came from a Uncle who passed on and paid far below market costs for it and it was paid for. Otherwise the Venture would be his next Bike. True Story.:cool10:

Uhhh, because it is close as they can come to a 1st gen???

actually....yes.

Seating, handling, etc. are all very comparable.

Performance may be a bit better but certainly nothing to write home about. But then again, I am comparing it to a first gen.:stirthepot:

So it is a lot like a first gen with EFI, ABS and an awesome set of headlights.

Scotty

I'm not going to a wing, been on one and besides the power aspect, you can have them. I actually am going back to a G2, I have not sat on a more comfortable bike than a 2nd gen period!

Iffin you want to go fast, I'll grab a Vmax and then we'll see who cries :bawling:

... my butt itch would not stop, so I decided to ride again.

I tried out a friends 84 Gold Wing (Interstate, I think), ... but there was a huge heat problem, and the biggest problem was that the gear shifter demanded my left knee bend back further than it wanted to as it was one of two new ones 1.7 years prior. I tried the 86 VR, and it was a breeze, just like my first, new 86 VR. The decision was made, so I found one from Squidley ( sold with Lonna's permission I'm sure) ... and now I ride brown on gold, 86, and still love it.

Retired, I don't see the funds in the future for a new or newer one, but if I do, I'll still be looking for a Yamaha. And, 1300 is big enough for me and the 86 will take me to the end of my riding years , .... well ... purrrrhaps. LOL.

That my :2cents::2cents:'s worth.

JackZ

And yup, I dream of riding even more than Fla each night! :draming::banana::sun::cool10:

Uhhh, because it is close as they can come to a 1st gen???

Personally I don't think there is any comparison between a 1st gen and a GW. 1st gen is more comfortable, has more leg room and the handling of a 1st gen is way more agile then a wing. The wings handling actually was the very 1st thing that turned me off, 2nd came the lack of room for a tall fellows legs.

When I went looking for a touring bike, I checked out the affordable wings,,,,84,85,87. Then I tried my friends 96 \ 1500. The results were all the same, The price was right, but I thought the seat had to change, it just wasn't comfortable, it kept pushing me forward. The I sat on a Venture,,,,aaaahhhhhhhh,,,, that's what I was looking for,,, then just had to find one that suited me for the rest of scoot. I did, and paid cash fo it.

Now if I went and bought a Wing,,, what would all you folks do without me. I'd have to join a Wing forum, and I have only enough time to keep up with one forum at a time,,,, 'sides, what would I do all winter with nothing to upgrade or maintain????

I really liked my 2nd Gen, but I like my GW even more. True it did take some getting used to the riding position, but that didn't take that long. Wasn't really looking to make the switch just worked out that way. Unless Buddy will trade me back, I'm going to keep it. However, if and when Yamaha comes out with a new Venture I will be looking again. I like change, change is good