IGNORED

What kind of car do you drive?

Freebird

08 Toyota Tundra for me 38,000

04 Dodge caravan for wife 100,000

02 Grand Am GT for son 85,000

95 Toyota Tacoma for farm/other son 145,000

my brother bought his wife a Murano less than a year ago, 29,000 miles already, they Love it. They ran a GMC Envoy, 04 with 235,00 miles on it. They say there is no comparison, the Envoy has more leg room and is much quieter. They are glad they bought it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2003 VW Jetta Diesel White 4 door Standard transmission...Love it 50 MPG. 161000 miles I do most of my traveling in it. No problems at all.

2006 F250 4x4 4 door Diesel. White 40000 miles. Love it...hate the gas mileage 17/14. Very very nice truck. No problems at all

2007 Jeep Wrangler 4 door hard top. 28000 miles Silver with black top.

Looks great but I HATE it...rattles, brakes are weak, V6 engine is weak, uses oil, drip rails off the hard top run water straight into the floor board when you open the door and its it raining. Gas mileage worst than the F250 diesel. I will never buy a Jeep again.

2008 Honda Ridgeline Pickup. They call it 4WD but it is really AWD. Great little truck. 18 MPG everyday going to work and 21 HWY. Not that bad considering its pulling on all 4's all the time. 4door with lots of room and a big trunk in the bed the can double as an ice chest. Not much of a bed but big enough for HomeDepot runs ect.. I pulled a trailer with 2 tons of rock no problems,. Rides like a car and won't beat you up during a trip. Overall, I like my little truck,35000 miles so far and all I have done is the normal stuff. Oil,filters ect. They all come with Michlen tires and it looks like they will go 70000+.

Mine: 2002 F-250 XLT Supercab, Long Bed -- LOVE it :happy34: (18 mpg highway)

2005 Ford Escape XLT (with the V6) - Just got back from a ~4,000 mile trip and it was pretty good for it. I would have been much happier if I could have gotten more than 300 miles per tank of gas though... (I averaged 24 hwy, 20 city - it just has a small tank :( )

The daily car is a '98 Cadillac Deville, a 4000 lb. car with a 4.6 liter engine with plenty of power getting 23/30 mpg. The wife says it's the most comfortable car she's ever driven in her life.

I'm looking around for an S10 truck. I had one with 165,000 miles that got absolutely demolished by a deer. It was in excellent shape until that, and that was a sad sight. We had another that made it to 291,000 miles before it died beyond repairability. I want another one.

Other cars ranging from presentable and drivable to needing paint all the way down to project status: 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible, 1968 Cadillac Coupe deVille, 1966 Buick LeSabre convertible, and a 1971 Mustang convertible currently under restoration.

* 1984 Jaguar XJ6 - just for a nice Sunday drive. (80K Miles)

* 1995 Taurus SHO - now my daughter's car. (175K Miles)

* 2008 Prius - great in gas - lots of ammenities.

* 2010 Prius - also great in gas with solar panels...

That's it.

1995 Pontiac Transport. Never thought I'd drive a mini van but after the first one (put 360,000 miles on it) I bought another one. Just so versatile and great in snow. This one up to 240,000 miles and when it wares out will by another one.

"05" Buick Park Avenue (Cookies's car and "our" daily driver)

"96" Ford F-100 w/ plow,,,my beater for all around hauling etc etc.

"50" Ford full custom, chopped/sectioned/low/louvered/chevy pwr...etc etc

I also have a "64" Sunbeam........

Renne

2005 pontiac grand prix. never let me down

1964 1/2 ford mustang covert. daughter is comming for that. she was a tom girl at one time. i had no sons. she spent many countless hours with her grandpa and I putting that car together.

1974 ford torino to be restored. sitting up in mn.

and my first car. 1974 ford maverick grabber 302. has 78,000 miles on her but. cancer is catching up to her. hood and trunk lid. im thinking of going fiberglass replacement??

Have had a bunch, Like you were wear them out at work every 3 years or so. The company uses GM products. Every GM we have had wound up in the shop more than once and at less then 60k so I don't buy GM for myself.

Currently I drive an 08 Ford F150 Crew Cab. Its a great truck. Very comfortable and solid. Still have a 05 Dodge Dakota. Its mileage is the same as the full size F150 and its got the V6. So it'll go in the next year or so.

Jude drives an All Wheel drive 05 Toyota Rav4. over 100k on it and not a dang thing has gone wrong with it. My complaint with it is its a noisy SUV. They really didn't do much to insulate the interior from road noise but its the most dependable thing.

Edited by BuddyRich

Me: 2005 Chrysler 300C, love the Hemi, but week ago Saturday a young girl in a 2005 Buick decided to pull out in front of me from a stop sign leaving me only about 100 feet to stop from 50 mph. Got 'er down enough that I pitted her into three spins and took the LF of my car off before coming to a stop straight as an arrow. 4100 pounds of road hugging weight did the trick, but it will be a while before I drive my Chrysler again. Rentals till then. Her fault.

My wife: 2003 Chevy Silverado pickup. Wife loves it, has the best stereo I have ever heard in a vehicle, 327 (5.3L) V8 is wonderful, pull a 2 horse trailer with it or my car flatbed.

Now why don't we all guess what YOUR WIFE got? I am guessing one of the last Hummer H2's, or a Honda Fit, don't see anything inbetween tripping her trigger! :cool10:

So what DID she get?

When I am not riding my bike I am usually in my 1999 E-350 Club Wagon with 528,000 miles. Would like to get rid of it but it comes in so handy when I need to haul something and it is still very comfortable vehicle to drive and ride in.

For Charlene its a 2006 Saturn Relay Mini Van.....pretty big for a mini, gets 24mpg on the hwy about 20-21 around town, the grandkids love it because they can watch movies on the drop down DVD screen.

2002 Inferno Red Dodge Intrepid R/T registered in my name that Becky drives, and a white 2005 Monte Carlo LT registered in Becky's name that I drive. We were going to sell the Intrepid and buy a new Malibu but we bought the new RSV instead, so no new car for a couple of years yet. We still will probably buy a Malibu...

Well, we looked at a lot of cars. I usually don't buy new and in fact, this is the first brand new car we have bought in the 15 years that we've been married. I usually find one a year or two old with somewhere between 12,000 - 20,000 miles on it. I had a price range that I wanted to stay within and found that to stay in that range with the cars that we were interested in, I was looking at mostly 2006 and 2007 models. Vehicles that we looked at included the Nissan Murano, Ford Edge, Toyota RAV4 and a couple of other similar vehicles. I was only interested in all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive models. Most of the ones that I found had mileage in the 30,000-40,000 range.

My wife doesn't have expensive taste but she can tell me that she likes or doesn't like a car almost immediately when she looks at one. She really loved the '04 Sorento and was sad that we were trading it off.

So, she wanted to look at another Sorento. I started looking for another used one but then just for the heck of it decided to take a look at the new ones. Kia started delivering the newly designed 2011 Sorento just last week. They are made in the new Kia factory in West Point, GA.

So, she once again fell in love with a Kia Sorento. I had no problem with that as we both liked the '04 model. The '11 model is a completely new model that shares nothing but the name with the previous Sorento. I feel that you get a LOT for the money. They have a base model, LX model and EX model. We ended up buying the LX model with the convenience package. It has AM/FM/Sirius/MP3 stereo sytem, heated seats, backup camera, bluetooth phone system, steering wheel controls for all that and much more. You get a lot of great features for the money. It also comes with a 5 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and a 10 year 100,000 mile drive train warranty. I just don't think you can get more for the money.

Now our FAVORITE car is the Infiniti RX35 but they are way out of our price range even used. If money were no object, there would be one in the driveway now.

So....she now has another Sorento and a huge smile. We almost always look for white cars and this one is no exception.

Edited by Freebird