IGNORED

SO! What are the AGES of the DRIVERS of VR.Org?

Zfrebird4

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 50 y.o. and thoroughly enjoy riding my '86 1st Gen. I started riding when I was about 16 on a Honda 250 dirt bike. I went from that to a Kawi 400 twin before I traded it on a new 1980 440 LTD. After a couple of years on the 440 I traded up to a new '82 Yamaha 550 Maxim. I loved that bike and at times wish I still had it, but I was young and had the need for more power so it was traded on a very good used 750 Maxim. I sold this machine in the spring of '87 because I thought the insurance was much too expensive for the small amount I was able to ride.

I was without a bike until 2003 when I bought an '84 1000 Virago, then in the fall of 2006 I obtained the '86 VR I have now. I just realized the vintage of my bikes hasn't changed much, I simply took an 18 year break from riding.

And that my freind is a full time job for you that choose to ride " or Push " those antiques......:duck:

That Yammer Dan can pass a 2nd gen whilst pushing it with 2 bad legs really does not give a 2nd gen something to brag about.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:put your foot in your mouth that time didn't ya :bang head::bang head:

PS Just got told today by a young mechanic I work with I do dam good for 52 yr old, after jumping a 3 ft rail. shocked him when i told him I was 56

I am 65 and I have two daughters older than me.[43&40]. all though there seems to be some argument about that...I have ridden all most every kind of dirt bike there is & have broken every bone in my body. but I have not broken my spirit. I will ride untill they pry my cold dead hands from the handel bars.:12101:

60 for a few more weeks. Been married to my lovely wife for 37 yr. one daughter age 36 one son 34 one grandson age 2 with one on the way this coming Jan. both kids ride and its great to ride with them. My latest ride is an 07 Blue and Black venture which is the most fun i've had on two wheels in a long time and it keeps me young at heart.:happy34:

62 and retired. Good hunting and fishing and riding nearby. And its only an hour to Atlanta when I want big city life.

Been riding since I was 17 except for a few brief periods of time.

Have my somewhat ideal trio of motorcycles now.

Yamaha Tour Deluxe for long rides

Triumph Thunderbird (2001 900cc triple) for short trips

Suzuki 200cc dual-sport for riding the forest service roads and trails.

• 5 years later...
Okay, I'll be the first lady to tell her age on here! LOL

I'm 58, have two bung legs and riding the Quike is when I feel independent and free, Quickstep is 65 and been married to my trucker for 38 yrs.

2 sons, 1 daughter, 6 grandchildren, and lots of foster children over the years.

DANG !! don't time fly by quick sometimes.

I'm 64 now, and Quickstep will be 71 in two weeks. 44 years married. 9 Grandies now. Legs not so good since accident on '07 and use elbow crutches. Ride 2011 H-D Ultra Classic trike, which now has over 76,000 Klm's on the clock. Most of those put on riding her in the U.S.

Alan riding a Honda Goldwing F6B

I am 63. I teach fifth graders and when I have them guess my age I tell them that the two numbers must add up to nine ( 6 + 3). So most of them guess 54 or 45. I can't sell them on 36. :innocent:

you're lucky they don't guess 72, LOL