IGNORED

What is your bike's name?

yamadawg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call mine the Yamahawg. I do like Tony's pick of "the Mistress". It kind of fits... always ready and willing, never has a headache, good for long stretches in the saddle, and I never seem to mind the maintenance. I also enjoy buying the shiney stuff for her. Kind of wish I had thought of that first.

Here's to our wives and sweethearts, may they never meet.

Edited by Stoutman

my 77 hot rod wing is named after my dad. it also says "for dad" on the top of the tank.......it was given to me as a pile of parts the day before his funeral, so i thought it fitting.....and i built the whole thing up with cues from his life. 39 ford teardrop taillight, behive signals, visors on all the lights, 108 hp at the wheel, and john deere yellow...........

One of the blue ones I had I called "Blue". Pretty original huh?

I'm not big on naming things like bikes but I usually got my bike "Her", the wife calls it "The Bike".

One thing constant about of the bikes I have and have had when I walk past them I lovingly pat them on the "Seat" and smile.

BOO

I might explain that before coming to the Point ...

In Germany, 1500cc Gold Wings are often called "3-Room, Kitchen, one Bathroom" (translated to english), the 1800cc Wings are reffered to with "Air conditioned, 3Room, Kitchen, one Bathroom with Microwave Oven".

Since the '93 VR is not that decked out like a GW, i call mine "Schrankwand". There's no a good Translation carring the Humor inside, but in english this would be "Living Room Wall Unit".

My '99 has no real Name, maybe just "the Max". The '09 Max is named "Taxpayer's Revenge".

My 84 Honda V65 Sabre is called "Trollsabre'. It's big powerful and ugly. My 79 Yamaha XS1100 is "Wretched XS' because its so friggin torquey,the sidecar attached to "Wretched XS" is "XS Baggage". Finally my 85 venture I presently call "Weeble" because of a weaveing it does when Rawhides nort riding with me. Apparently "Weeble" doesn't like me riding her with out my Lady . "Weeble" woobles but she don't fall down.:big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by PB&J