IGNORED

All I have to say.......

Yama Mama

I posted the results of Billy Lanes trial. I had no idea this was controversial. I was merely informing everyone of what the results were. If I did something wrong then I am truly sorry.

I will no longer post anything on the site.

I will continue to be in the Chatroom and I will continue to welcome new members.

As far as posting any thing other than that, it will not happen from me.

Yama Mama

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted the results of Billy Lanes trial. I had no idea this was controversial. I was merely informing everyone of what the results were. If I did something wrong then I am truly sorry.

I will continue to be in the Chatroom and I will continue to welcome new members.

Yama Mama

Personally I think you should re-evaluate your decision about posting. I enjoy your postings and insight.

Boomer......who will miss your postings.

Yama Mama

Hang in there Peggy, I followed that thread, you sure didnt cause any problems that I saw. I wouldnt loose any sleep over it and I sure wouldnt quit posting. Craig

Peg,

You did absolutely nothing wrong, the decision to close the thread is not aimed at you, there are just too many threads that are stirring up emotions here on the site lately. My talk isn't directed at ANYONE in particular, and I would hope that your being upset will subside and you will continue to be an active poster. I wish you nothing but the best and thank you for all that you have done for the site in the past :)

Edited by Squidley

Hang in there Peggy, I followed that thread, you sure didnt cause any problems that I saw. I wouldnt loose any sleep over it and I sure wouldnt quit posting. Craig

Peggy,

Even I as a site moderator I too have had my posts deleted.

So I strongly ask that you please dont be offended and please dont take it to heart.

I enjoy reading your posts and seeing the photos that you post as well as everyone else here does.

I truely cant say it any better then Ceddoo did...your post didnt cause the problem...it was a particular responce that turned your post south... :thumbsup2:

Besides, I really believe what Ruffy would do.......and I'm not so sure any of us could be ready for that..

Ruffy said:

If you do then ill just have to post some real nude photos of me.......:scared:

Sure hope you keep posting. Thought it was interesting reading. Of course I thought it was interesting reading the posts. Hope my post wasn't "south" because it was not intended to be.

But your posts are interesting so I hope you don't stop.

Peg,

Do not allow the opinions of a few that cannot control thier fingers to stop you from posting. I didn't get to see the post, but if you were reporting news, and someone decided to be ugly about it, they are at fault, not you. Please continue to be the loving Yama Mama that we all love and enjoy abusing...:banana: :banana: :banana:

I participate in a couple other forums where topics are seldom deleted. Instead, offending posts are edited/deleted and the offender gets his knuckles rapped. In the rare instance where a thread tends to keep going off the rails it is simply locked to prohibit new posts.

Would it be possible to do that here rather than junking the entire thread? Seems a shame to just pitch everything over a few mistakes/bad apples.

***EDIT***

OOPS. See you're doing that. Thanks for taking my suggestion! You guys are fast!

Edited by MiCarl

yama mama, i like reading your posts and appreciated this one too...like you said, it was for general info and nothing wrong with that... so someone took it south and squidley did what he's supposed to do... thank you yama mama and squidley...:12101: bob

I'll just add my 2 cents and agree with the others here. Peggy, you did nothing wrong. In fact, I was wondering just the other day how that trial had turned out and wasn't even sure it had happened yet. It is often not the first post that is a problem but a response to a response and etc. Please don't feel that you have done anything wrong.

I enjoyed the post also. Don't stop because of someone else. I'm like Squid---I have typed some things as a response and them reread them and delete them because I thought they might cause trouble. Now I just read and try to type possitive things. Keep posting-I hadn't even heard of this untill now. Thanks

Peggy,

You were the first person to welcome me to the site, the first person to say really good things about my ride, the first to ask lots of questions in the chat room about my job. I enjoy your input, suggestions, and pictures. Don't stop posting....Please.

Besides if Ruffy posts naked pictures of himself, many of us may go blind if we accidently see the pictures and we may never be able to ride motorcycles again, it's bad enough that some of us have been emotionally scarred by the thought of those pictures.

I participate in a couple other forums where topics are seldom deleted. Instead, offending posts are edited/deleted and the offender gets his knuckles rapped. In the rare instance where a thread tends to keep going off the rails it is simply locked to prohibit new posts.

Would it be possible to do that here rather than junking the entire thread? Seems a shame to just pitch everything over a few mistakes/bad apples.

***EDIT***

OOPS. See you're doing that. Thanks for taking my suggestion! You guys are fast!

I agree, are we talking about Censorship or decorum. As far as I am aware we are still guarantied Freedom of Speech by our Bill of Rights. Excuse me, that last comment may seem to be too political to some. Almost anything said on any forum where humans with differing opinions, beliefs and backgrounds are contributing their thoughts can be found offensive to some one. I refer back to an earlier post regarding political correctness.

Let's be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water. I would rather trust the decorum of our members, understanding that from time to time some post may be considered in good judgment to be too controversial and inappropriate we all would be better served by selective editing, reprimands or where appropriate disciplinary action than trashing the entire thread.

I read the post and found it news worthy, interesting and informative and also don't feel that posting it was wrong. I did not however, see any replies that may have taken the thread South. Even though from time to time I think that some should keep their opinions to themselves I hope that my reaction to what I find offensive does not come across as being self-righteous in anyway. Because I don't feel qualified to be anyones moral judge. Those that feel qualified to be mine can KMA. Sorry if I offended anybody by voicing my opinion.

Yama Mama, Keep posting, you have just as much right as anyone else. Losing your insight and contribution would be a great loss to all of us on this forum.

Peg. we've spoken in the chat room time and again. I find it hard to believe that you could EVER do anything with the intent of causing trouble. Now me on the other hand ..... Anyway it would be crazy for you to no longer feel free to express your opinion simply because others are incapable of keeping their responses civil.

If that was the case everywhere then the intelligent people would no longer say a thing. I for one will always look forward to your posts. PB&J

:goodpost::sign yeah that::thumbsup:

Peg. we've spoken in the chat room time and again. I find it hard to believe that you could EVER do anything with the intent of causing trouble. Now me on the other hand ..... Anyway it would be crazy for you to no longer feel free to express your opinion simply because others are incapable of keeping their responses civil.

If that was the case everywhere then the intelligent people would no longer say a thing. I for one will always look forward to your posts. PB&J

I agree, are we talking about Censorship or decorum. As far as I am aware we are still guarantied Freedom of Speech by our Bill of Rights. Excuse me, that last comment may seem to be too political to some. Almost anything said on any forum where humans with differing opinions, beliefs and backgrounds are contributing their thoughts can be found offensive to some one. I refer back to an earlier post regarding political correctness.

I agree with most of what you said but not all. I don't want this to turn into yet another of those threads that ends up being deleted but I need to address one thing. Freedom of Speech in a private organization is NOT guaranteed by the Bill of Rights or anything else. This is a private club and there are a few rules. One is that political discussion and debate is not allowed. Inflammatory remarks and personal attacks on fellow members is not allowed. There are a few rules which are clearly spelled out here and repeated way more than should be necessary. This is not a government organization. I hate censorship and it always pains me and the other moderators when it becomes necessary but it would NEVER be necessary if the members here would simply think about what they post before doing so. Most are VERY good about doing so but some feel that they must always push the envelope as far as they can. It really needs to stop.