IGNORED

All I have to say.......

Yama Mama

You better not stop posting Peg................

Where is my padle with the holes in it:no-no-no:, girl you did nothing wrong and we all enjoy your post. And as was said we enjoyed the info, it wasn't your fault it went south.:think:

:bighug:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of what you said but not all. I don't want this to turn into yet another of those threads that ends up being deleted but I need to address one thing. Freedom of Speech in a private organization is NOT guaranteed by the Bill of Rights or anything else. This is a private club and there are a few rules. One is that political discussion and debate is not allowed. Inflammatory remarks and personal attacks on fellow members is not allowed. There are a few rules which are clearly spelled out here and repeated way more than should be necessary. This is not a government organization. I hate censorship and it always pains me and the other moderators when it becomes necessary but it would NEVER be necessary if the members here would simply think about what they post before doing so. Most are VERY good about doing so but some feel that they must always push the envelope as far as they can. It really needs to stop.

Point taken, understood and respected. I, with all of my human failures should at times take my own advice and keep some of my opinions to myself. And where I fail to do so, I sincerely apoligize and hope that my statements are not construed as a personal attack on anyone, especially the members of this forum that I have grown to enjoy, respect and love.

My main point being how selective editing might be more useful and less damaging than trashing an entire thread. Please excuss me if I over stepped the boundry of rules in the way I was voicing my opinion. I did not mean to do so.

I enjoyed the post also. Don't stop because of someone else. I'm like Squid---I have typed some things as a response and them reread them and delete them because I thought they might cause trouble. Now I just read and try to type possitive things. Keep posting-I hadn't even heard of this untill now. Thanks

I have to say I have done the same. After reading other post after mine I have gone back and change the wording because I felt it would be taken the wrong way. Hang in and keep up the good work, I enjoy your thoughts. :D

Peg, please don't go!

As I have personally witnessed and been a part of, what we do on here is one way to converse with each other, I truly enjoy that to a point of excess sometimes. But we must exercise good judgement with our postings. If a good, open and honest deliberation of our thoughts and beliefs is wanted, then show up to a rally, sit around at night with some libations and good friends from here and listen to the conversation flow! Those who were at the Hub sitting around the office almost every nite (specially Tuesday nite!), know what I mean!

First of all......I don't have a computer at home, so I can't be involved in chat at night, which means I would never get to hear from you anymore.....That's not going to happen, RIGHT?

Second of all, your thread was informative, and you did nothing wrong. Last week, someone else started a thread which ultimately was deleted. I was hoping that wouldn't happen as it was on a subject that Gary and I were completely unaware of. In fact we discussed it again last night. It was something that I am glad we were made aware of because it explained an incident that happened to us a couple of years ago on bike.

I agree with the rules that Don has set up, and it's too bad that sometimes a few decide to push it to the limit after a thread has been started with good intentions.

I know your upset....but you are an important member of this family.

Please rethink your decision and soon!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

I for one was glad you posted the link for the trial outcome. I had been wondering if anything was decided regarding the verdict of guilty and the associated penalty. Your post was completely appropriate for this site and I thank you for sharing the information. Your post was simply news with no other agenda than to inform. You are not accountable for any radical deviation expressed by anyone else. Not having these kinds of posts on this site, because we would be afraid to post something, would ultimately lessen the value of this forum. You are an excellent member to this forum and we are better with your participation. Below is a reminder of what a forum should be.

fo·rums also fo·ra (fôrhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gif, fhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/omacr.gifrhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gif) 1. a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.

b. A public meeting place for open discussion.

c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

3. A court of law; a tribunal.

:080402gudl_prv: and thank you.

American Eagle Motorcycle Co - American Iron Horse Motorcycle Company - Aprilia - Arlen Ness Enterprises - ATK - Bajaj Auto Ltd. - Benelli - Big Dog Motorcycles - Big Mikes Choppers - Bimota - BMW - Boss Hoss Motorcycles - Bourget's Bike Works - BSA-Regal Group Ltd - Buell Motorcycle Company - Cagiva Italian Motorcycle - California Custom Cycles - California Sidecar - Carefree Custom Cycles - Cerro Motos - CERRO MOTOS - Chang Jiang - Cheetah Trikes - Chongqing Union China - Cobra Motorcycle - Confederate Motor Company - Cyril Huze Custom Harley-Davidson Motorcycles - Death Row Motorcycles - Desperado Motorcycles - DFT Trikes - Drysdale V8 Home Page - Ducati Motor S.p.A. - Ducati North America - Exile Cycles - Gas Gas - Hannigan Motorsports - Harley Davidson - Honda Motorcycles USA - Husaberg Motor - Sweden - Husqvarna USA - Indian Motorcycle Co. - JAWA Divisov - Junior Motorcycle - Kawasaki - KTM -

KUMOTO Motorcycles - Las Vegas Trikes - Lightning Motorcycles - Magni - Moto Guzzi - MV Agusta - Orange County Choppers - Piaggio - RedneckEngineering - Ridley Motorcycle Company - Rokon - Ron Simms Custom Cycles - Royal Enfield India - Russell Marlowe :: Carolina Custom Cycles - Surgical-Steeds - Suzuki - Thunderbolt Enterprises Thunderrod V8 Wide Ride Custom Motorcycles - Titan Motorcycles - Triumph - Ural America - V-8 Trikes - Vento Motorcycles, USA - Victory Motorcycles - Warlord Custom Cycles -

West Coast Choppers - Wild West Motor Company - Yamaha -

so many companies making different motorcycles. each one has its own sound - like people - each makes a different sound. some we like, some we don't.

How many different combinations of pizza are there? each one has its own taste. some tastes we like, others we don't like.

if you don't like the sound of a particular motorcycle, don't buy it. if you like a motor bike, then buy into it.

same for pizza, buy into the one you like.

the nice thing is we can all avoid / ignore / outrun the sounds and tastes of things or people we don't like.

just remember that people that like your sound or your tastes in other area of life appreciate you more than you may think. it is a fire that should not be snuffed, but fueled as regularly as a smooth running motorcycle.

I like my RSV and its sound. i like the folks so far on this site. unfortunately, pizza is not on my diet so i try not to think about it.

fo·rums also fo·ra (fôrhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gif, fhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/omacr.gifrhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gif) 1. a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.

b. A public meeting place for open discussion.

c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

3. A court of law; a tribunal.

:080402gudl_prv: and thank you.

Dave,

The whole issue isn't of voicing ideas, it's about it going on a confrontational path. I have been helping moderate this site for going on 4 years now and have seen all kinds of "voicing of ideas" The problem is, is that folks will try and bully their ideas into a conversation, or just plainly stir the pot to get a responce.

Like mentioned by Dano, if you want to talk about politics or other subjects that have emotional impact, do it face to face. Lots of things get taken out of context on an open forum. Thanks for your thoughts.

Dave,

The whole issue isn't of voicing ideas, it's about it going on a confrontational path. I have been helping moderate this site for going on 4 years now and have seen all kinds of "voicing of ideas" The problem is, is that folks will try and bully their ideas into a conversation, or just plainly stir the pot to get a responce.

Exactly my point. Thank you saying it in better context. Dave

I'm a NOOB around here. I have NO IDEA what posting Ms. Peggy may have made on this B.L. matter.

But I would like her to see that (as stated by others here) that this is a forum. We come together and share thoughts, stories, and ideas with one another. Kinda like a family gathering...but with a motorcycle theme.

And Lord knows, that if I didn't make a comment or two around my family members that got someone's undies in a bundle, or started a fight...that there was sumthing wrong with me. It's just my nature I guess.

Peggy...you seem to be a kind, thoughtful & considerate person...(why else would you suggest leaving the board here if you weren't???). And, obviously, by reading these other postings, the other inmates on this forum really do NOT want you to leave. That in itself should be enough to set your heart at ease.

So c'mon back in here...pull up a stool by the fire, and tell us about your trip out West!...'cause I know I'd like to hear about it.

I posted the results of Billy Lanes trial. I had no idea this was controversial. I was merely informing everyone of what the results were. If I did something wrong then I am truly sorry.

I will no longer post anything on the site.

I will continue to be in the Chatroom and I will continue to welcome new members.

As far as posting any thing other than that, it will not happen from me.

Yama Mama

I know how you feel, and have felt the same way several times. Heck I managed to get 2 posts deleted one right after the other. The first one was a post I started and when it got deleted I felt the same way as you do now and was not going to post again until a new thread came up asking where that one was. I bit my tongue and didn't respond until it got to 4 pages and then I posted what caused the post to be deleted. Wham Bamm that post got deleted within 3 minutes.:missingtooth: Figured I was on a roll and should see how many more I could get removed.

Don't worry it will pass and you will be back to posting soon. Don't take it to heart.

After reading all of your posts, and thinking about what occurred, I have decided that I am okay.

I will be alright and I will try to still participate on the forum.

I have enrolled in a self esteem class, if I am worthy of going to it, I will go tomorrow. Hehehehehehe.

Thanks for all the nice comments, they meant a lot to me. You are all the greatest.

Thanks,

YamaMama

After reading all of your posts, and thinking about what occurred, I have decided that I am okay.

I have enrolled in a self esteem class, if I am worthy of going to it, I will go tomorrow. Hehehehehehe.

Thanks for all the nice comments, they meant a lot to me. You are all the greatest.

Thanks,

YamaMama

Atta Girl, now where are those "good pics" from Sturgis:rasberry: Craig

Thanks,

YamaMama

Peg,Glad to see you are posting again.I enjoy your posts and I dont care what is posted IF someone wants to head it south due to their beliefs or misconceptions it is going to happen. Biting my tongue is the hardest thing for me too do But in MOST cases I do. I read some posts and wonder how that could have turned into a company bashing or personal bashing . I look for a post where I made a comment , (in my opinion nothing but what I do) , to get closed due to it going off topic to their personal opinion. Why that is necessary who knows?? Anyway You did nothing wrong at all. To the moderators,Thanks for the job. TOUGH JOB Im sure. Tom

Thanks,

YamaMama

ATTA Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

YamaMama

GOOD for YOU! Glad you are not going to let it stop your input. I would miss it.:sun:

Peggy, I'm very glad to hear that you have given it some thought and listened to all the folks here and are back.

Like everyone has said, you did nothing wrong, it just ended up going south.

And---like Don, was wondering how this trial did turn out.

Thanks,

Steve

I have enrolled in a self esteem class, if I am worthy of going to it, I will go tomorrow.

Hehehehehehe.

Thanks,

YamaMama

I had faith that you would come to your senses sooner or later!

Boomer.....still waiting for pics of the girls at Sturgis.

I just finished reading this entire thread. I'm glad it had a happy ending!

I don't know you yet but I'm glad you're back, because...

You da Mama!

http://ts1.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1133344329444&id=660142ebac73bfab138c3d3a28e4b317&url=http://members.cox.net/dandrayan/images/dinosaurs_tv.jpg

(Points for anyone that remembers this) :)

-------------------------

I too was following this thread. Glad you stayed!

:missingtooth:

To BigBoyin MS:

That was one of the funniest shows on TV in it's day. I would end up laughing my backside off just about every episode!

Dave

Edited by bendtdj
grammer