IGNORED

Good Bye Michigan!

Squidley

Brad & Lonna, it will be sad to see you two leave our State. But I can truly understand why. I have been in and out of work for over three years now. Last good job ended in 06, since then been on jobs for only a few months and they stop work, not even long enough to draw Unenjoyment. Thank God, wife has consistent job, Walmart, Department Manager. But even with her $10. per hour does not pay the bills, so were with you brother. The only thing that has kept me in this State is our Children (now adults) Family & Friends. Wish you both the Best!!! Later-

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ladies and Gents,

The title is a little misleading, but it sums up what's gonna happen. Today I got the axe from work, as well as about 20 others. Kinda surreal right now, but I'm not wasting any time. This is an opportunity to get out of the huge suck hole called Michigan and move somewhere else.

If I can impose on you members, and ask for your help in networking myself, this would put Lonna's mind at ease. I am a powerhouse mechanic and a certified arc welder. We are looking to head either to the Houston Texas area or the Knoxville/Chattanooga Tennessee area. If anyone knows or hears of work ion these areas, please shoot me a PM.

As always in life, another hurtle and I believe that God is smacking me upside the head for a reason.....and I believe that reason is to get out of Michigan. All the best and hang on for this trip, it should be a good one to listen to

:thumbsup2:

hey brad, sure hate to here the news. i would consider arkansas if i were you. if i was'nt so old i would move there in a minute. living is simple and cheap and the place is awesome. you been there. if i can be of any help let me know. come to the rally and look around. good place to start a little shop. good luck good buddy i know you will make the right decision. bill :2133:

nothing i can say that hasnt been said.........

take your time and choose the right place.....

in a way this may be a blessing in disguise as you've wanted to leave that place for quite a while now.......

wherever you go you know you will find someone from here that will be ready to bug you and eat lonnas cheesecake...:whistling:

and like you two both have told me over the last year........everything will work out in the end.......and you have lots of people here who love you and will help out however they can....:D

geez i sound like squidley now.......:rasberry::stirthepot:

Big Bummer....

There was a dirth of welding jobs around here a while back. If you would like, I can check into it further. Of course you would need to become a bleeding heart Liberal and run around demanding that the state increase your taxes.

Seriously, Texas is an ideal location... and no state income tax. But then, you'd be further away from the Pig Roast...:crying:

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you....

:15_8_211[1]:

Brad and Lonna,

I'm really sorry to hear the news but I think you should look at it as an opportunity. An opportunity to follow your dreams and find a place that makes you happy. Life is too short to settle for anything less. Good luck and let me know if there is anything I can do.

Guest Ken8143

Brad - sorry to hear the news. You have a great attitude about it, and I sincerely hope that you find the location and job of your dreams. East Tennessee is a great place to live - I grew up in and around Knoxville and I still get lonely for that area.

Best wishes - and you have a lot of good people supporting you

Brad,

Sorry to hear of the job. Know how you feel somewhat. Been hanging on because of 20 yrs now 25 but wondering if that was the right thing to do. Looking grimmer every year. Good things always happen to good people, and I know you fall into that catagorie. Like so many said, its time to look ahead and I know you will find something to pour you're heart into and not just go in and collect a check. Wishing you the best.

ON another note---If at all possible, maybe you two could come to the rally. Take the severace check ( if you got one and could swing it ) and come and relax for a few days. Might be the best thing to clear the mind. I'll even buy the two of you breakfast one morning. :thumbsup:

Gil

Sorry to hear the news. I think you have been looking forward to this for a while now. This door is closed now all you need to do is decide which door you are going to walk through.

I would rather take a daily beating than live in houston. I'm sure there are many opertunitys there and I know there is family there. There is also 10 million people going 100 mph 24/7 it is a 3 hour drive across houston during rush hours. good luck

All True.....thats why I live 40miles west of Houston and try to never go there... there are alot of big Co.`s on the out skirts of Houston, Stewart/Stevenson, some place that makes the Army Trucks..I`ll get the names for you, Orizon, Texas Steel Fab...many more, best place to look in the clasifieds on line, or even check on the info posted around SanAntonio..... any way, I have my eyes open for you and will PM what I find, what ever you 2 decide or find, I know you will do good. The Texas bunch is pullin for you and I`ll help in any way I can..

Kreg

Sorry to hear the news. I think you have been looking forward to this for a while now. This door is closed now all you need to do is decide which door you are going to walk through.

I would rather take a daily beating than live in houston. I'm sure there are many opertunitys there and I know there is family there. There is also 10 million people going 100 mph 24/7 it is a 3 hour drive across houston during rush hours. good luck

Brad and Lonna so sorry to hear about the job situation. Yet ,you have been talking about moving and who knows ,maybe this is meant to be for a very good reason. As the rust belt has been shedding jobs and good workers the south has risen again and is seems job a plenty exist there.

Besides with those losey roads in Michigan look at the money you'll save in shocks and springs.LOL! Good luck to you both and keep us all in formed. My bet is that a great job may be waiting for you. Besides how could i not care about the couple that gacve me my handle. PB&J.:big-grin-emoticon:

:sign13:

Sorry to hear of your job loss Brad. I don't know you personally, but feel I do know you somewhat from your post here. I can tell you that God will provide, just hang in there. If I can be of any help at all, at any time, just let me know. Hope you all the happiness that life can give. You have the right attitude.

James

Brad and Lonna so sorry to hear about the job situation. Yet ,you have been talking about moving and who knows ,maybe this is meant to be for a very good reason. As the rust belt has been shedding jobs and good workers the south has risen again and is seems job a plenty exist there.

Besides with those losey roads in Michigan look at the money you'll save in shocks and springs.LOL! Good luck to you both and keep us all in formed. My bet is that a great job may be waiting for you. Besides how could i not care about the couple that gacve me my handle. PB&J.:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes! I do know where ever we do end up, we will have family there, thanks to the VR family! We will end up where the money shows us will be the best, and where we can both get decent jobs.

And there are better roads for riding with an extended riding season! And thats NOT in Michigan!!

Now I think I need to create a new cheesecake in your honor.....whats your favorite jelly? Strawberry?:rotf::)

Unreal....

Without getting all melancholy (but I fear I will), I just sit here and read all of these responces and think. I think of how many seeds I have sown, purely unintentional by just treating folks how I want to be treated, and how all of you folks, once again, reaffirm my faith in the human race.

I have recieved a dozen PM's, half a dozen phone calls, and the well wishes from all my brothers and sisters here. I am humbled by all of you, and can't express how much this means to myself and Lonna. I refuse to let this get me down, many of you that have met me know that I dont dwell on things and I will stay positive as my wife needs that support. I'm sure that I'll have my down days, but my bike just got it's new tires on :banana: and soon enough I will get some cycle therapy in.

Thank you all for taking the time to post up all the info that you have thrown at me, my head is still spinning :yikes: More to come on this "Most excellent adventure"