IGNORED

Maintenance Day Planning

V7Goose

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great start on a list of things to do. Carb sync can be done anywhere,

Goose

Well if Don will allow me and my co-pilot to park the space shuttle in the same spot I could provide a nice shady spot for doing carb syncs and other jobs that don't require a lift. Those of us that know how to do carb syncs could take turns showing others how to do it so that one person isn't tied up all day.

As mentioned, lets keep the maintenance simple. I think that rearend changes are going to be a bit much. Carbsync is a no brainer and there will be plenty of folks there with carbtunes and the knowledge on how to use them. Changing the fluids will be relatively easy, we can have a brake vac on hand. and there are many folks that have the skills to change out fluid.

I want to add to all that want things done to their bikes. Have all the parts that you need to get the job done when you get there ie; brake fluid, wiring ect...This will greatly reduce the running around like chikens with our heads cut off. I know that I have killed myself for the last 2 years and this year is going to be different for me :)

Just thinking out loud but maybe if you all would be willing we could set up a container to collect like $5 per person getting work done. The money could go into our fund for St. Judes. It's just a thought and you know there's nowhere you'll get any of this work done for $5. Plus it would add a nice amount of money to the final tally for St. Judes.

Margaret

You know I love you MINI, and this Idea is great However I think that for this day we need to concentrate on the VR.ORG fund to help our fearless leader with the cost of running this website. I know that ST judes is a great cause but I think that VR,org is a better cause on this one day.

As Freebird said: "I think we have to be careful because I worry sometimes that we ask our members too often to donate. We have some very generous folks here and I fear that some just don't know how to say "sorry, I would love to but money is a bit tight right now"."

And as big as Maint. Day has gotten i would hate to see Freebird shell out even more then he already does. "I was talked last year..may have been the year before...into putting out a donation can to help with the food and etc. That has been a life saver for me as the cost of this little one day (yea right) gathering has grown to well over a thousand bucks by the time it's all done. With your generous donations, I have managed to pretty much break even on expenses and I sincerely appreciate that."

And anything left over should go towards the VR.org costs.

Just my :2cents:

If my 1st gen is back together I just want to get a carb tune and a color tune, that is unless Muffinman can make it down here to help me with my 2nd gear fix, we will do that then and I wont need anything, just coming to enjoy the company and meet some new faces. Don has made all 3 Vogels and I need to make a MD. I will be coming by myself as Charlene is still having issues with her back and hip. I will be camping in Freebirds campground, hopefully far enough from the pond to stay clear of the PondMonster. Dont want to tangle with that one eyed creature..:no-no-no:.........and I heard last year its mate was also spotted.............Dont like no monsters...........do they come out at nite? Is it true it only comes out of the water for a certian brand of beer?:think:

Edited by DragonRider

I will be camping in Freebirds campground, hopefully far enough from the pond to stay clear of the PondMonster. Dont want to tangle with that one eyed creature..:no-no-no:.........and I heard last year its mate was also spotted.............Dont like no monsters...........do they come out at nite? Is it true it only comes out of the water for a certian brand of beer?:think:

:confused24::whistling::sign cmon::sign09::sign06::hijacked:

:225:Hi All

I have the time off from work this year and plan on coming. With that I hope to meet some of you that I have meet on the chat site. The auto cancilling on my turn signels

is out is that to much for this weekend and Im not sure what parts I might need.(any help would be great on this ) This will be my first time so be easy on me all this talk of monsters and mower races. ha ha See you all there Oh what about the address for this event?

Thanks

Bull

• 2 weeks later...

Not planning to do any work on my scoot but happy to help on others and provide tools / parts where I can. I have some 1st gen stuff left over from the old projects, may bring some of that if I can find space to pack it. Will follow the thread to see what's needed / requested.

Squidley - I seem to remember you giving your drill a workout and needing a battery re-charge from drilling out exhausts. Can we provide a second battery or something?