IGNORED

*** FREE*** N.G. Scenic Highways & Byways book

Carbon_One

I saw this info on another bike site I frequent and thought it was too good not to share with everyone here.

The link below will take you to a page to request a free brochure on Scenic Highways & Byways. The site is a little misleading though. http://www.volusiariders.com/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif The "brochure" is actually a 464 page guide published by National Geographic (cover price is $25.00). The guide gives a brief overview & map of the top 275 drives in the US.

Not quick, but no cost, so the price is right and you'll have it all winter to browse through and plan next summer's rides.

Have mine on order now, Larry

http://www.byways.org/map_request.html

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/jmaxwell99/Posted%20pictures/IMG_0022.jpg

Saw this link a few months ago on a HD site I am also on. Ordered the book, took about 6 weeks. No cost. Srrived in a nice package in good shape. Brand new book. Very informative. I keep it with my AMA book and another touring guide I use. You will enjoy reading it and trying some of the rides.

TTW

• 3 weeks later...

Buhhh Huhhhhh.

Can´t get one since I live by the North Pole. Is there anybody out there that could order an extra copy by hubbies/wifie name and post it to me at my expense plus "running to the post office" fee ? Need to plan my trip from Woodstock New York to Freebirds place in Ohio next spring with some stops and nice routes as well as up to Illinois. And hopefully back.

Buhhh Huhhhhh.

Can´t get one since I live by the North Pole. Is there anybody out there that could order an extra copy by hubbies/wifie name and post it to me at my expense plus "running to the post office" fee ? Need to plan my trip from Woodstock New York to Freebirds place in Ohio next spring with some stops and nice routes as well as up to Illinois. And hopefully back.

Done. I'll let you know when it gets here. You can PM me your addy when you get a chance.

Margaret

Just a heads up here on this map book. Got mine today and must say it's pretty good considering it's a freebie. Glad I ordered one after all.:thumbsup2: The pic on the cover is different then what I posted in the 1st post here but that's ok.

Larry

I got mine today as well but it looks like a different publication. Mine is only 124 pages. I was surprised it only covers one road in Georgia when there are so many neat roads in north Georgia. But I'm thinking about riding the two listed for South Carolina tomorrow. Savannha River parkway and Cherokee foothills parkway.:7_6_3[1]: