IGNORED

New Kawasaki Voyager..

seforeman

the only advantage i see with a fork mounted fairing is the head light goes where you point it. not big on the appearance of a fork mount fairing cuz they look like an add on. thats one of the reasons i bought an rstd. i do think the 2nd gen venture fairing is the best looking of all of them out there, and goes with the flow of the rest of the bike like the trunk and bags. the frame mount fairing like that on the wing gives excellent protection from the rain and cold,as long as you don't have to stop. i got the ultmate rain test this year leaving branson at the eurekasprings meet. was running 70 mph in torrential rain. and the space behind the fairing was fairly rain free. shoes even stayed dry. :2133:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the looks of the new Voyager and glad they came back with it. I had a 99 for a couple years but it was a completely different bike. Back then a lot of the people on the AVA web site were screaming for a new Voyager and then Kawasaki just quit making them. I like it but not well enough to get rid of my 06 Venture. I'm not jumping ship until I see what Yamaha comes up with in a couple years.

Ride Safe!

Well they have great lights across the back under the trunk and they apparently visit this site as they used the narrow tires 130's on the front of the bike and the wide tires on the back. They added the fuel injection we wanted and they also added the ipod/sirus connections and the electronic CC. Got most of what we have been saying we want except for v-twin and belt drive. I must admit that I will test drive one if given the opportunity. 103 CC engine sounds like it may be fun bike. Lvoe my 99 though so the test ride will ahve to be remarkable to convince me to spend more on another bike when the 2 gen is soooo smoooth. Also no pricing yet.

just my 2 cents worth.

What about the RoadGlide?? Frame mounted fairing and far superior handling to the Ultra!

Ok, didn't know the RoadGlide is frame mounted, how bout that.

Sooo, I'll have to try one of these frame mounted fairing bikes and see how it feels, one day.

However, like many of you, I'm waiting on the next Venture.

But still, this is one tempting bike....

especially the fairing; inside and out! I will definately be looking to test ride one if an opportunity arises. I can't buy anything new for a couple of years and I hope Yamaha does something to impress me by then!

Ya know, I really have to hand it to youse guys. I can't just jump on a bike and take it for a test ride. For some reason I need to work into it before I feel comfortable enough to find out what any bike will do. :7_6_2[1]:

Ya know, I really have to hand it to youse guys. I can't just jump on a bike and take it for a test ride. For some reason I need to work into it before I feel comfortable enough to find out what any bike will do. :7_6_2[1]:

I have to envision myself owning it in order to want to test ride it. If I don't think I'd like to own it, I'm usually not too interested in what it sounds like, rides like, etc but, that doesn't mean I close the door coz every ride is a thrill. Well, there was one that really wasn't....a few years ago I test rode an Indian...now that was one bike I just couldn't wait to get off.

Funny...I haven't really felt like test riding a Gold Wing :think::think:

I have not made up my mind about it. It sure is different than what I thought they would come up with. I will have to see one in person before I can say what I think of it. Maybe they will have one at the motorcycle show this year in Calgary then I can compare it to the venture and the street glide. What to do, what to do, but keep what I have for now.

never test rode a new bike in my life. every new bike i ever owned just hit me right when i looked at it, then read about it in magazines, and bought it. only mistake i ever made on a new bike was my r6 yammer. legs just would'nt bend that far. should have passed that up and jumped right into my zx14. lost my butt on that deal. :depressed::2133:

My wife and I saw one of these on the road yesterday. She commented about liking the looks of it. I do too, but there are other reasons I wouldn't have one. I don't want a V twin, for starters. No power.

Yamaha already makes the bike of our dreams.

Wow, I didn't think the would hit the showrooms till January or later according to the Kawasaki dealers I've talked to.:confused24:

Yeah, the more I look at this bike the more I really like it, a bunch.

Has a lot more updated features than our Ventures (no surprise). Only drawback I see is belt vs. shaft drive.

This is a frame mounted fairing that I like, you can actually see the triple tree and the forks, unlike Wings. Reading the benefits of frame mounted fairing, sure makes more sense too.

Course, I'm not in the market for a couple more years so we'll just have to wait/see what Yamaha does, if anything.

Looks like Kawasaki did a ton of research on this, cause they stole the better bits and pieces from other bikes.

Oh, rode home from downtown Chicago today on the bike in POURING rain. Yeah, that was fun.

some one had to take my place since i am mellowing with age.darn i hate being nice. :cool10:

Probably has something to do with that Geezer Glide Gold Wing

You meet the nicest people on a Honda...

http://photos.imageevent.com/motorbiker/newspics3/Honda-Goldwing-Wheelie.jpg

Edited by MAINEAC

Guest Pa. Mountainman

Hi Guys & Gals, Kawasaki worked with the American Voyager Association thru polls taken on the website and talking with Voyager riders at the AVA rallies. Although they did not respond with everything some members wanted such as the 1400 Concours engine, they did listen and put together a bike with alot of things we ask for. I'm selling my "98" Voyager and was all set to purchase a RSV but I just may have to wait and checkout the new Voyager, I'm on my dealer's 1st call list. Al

I don't see the belt as a bad thing,, lighter weight, better power delivery efficiency, no oil, and very little maintenance. I can't find just how long they last but I would think 50K.

Friend of mine rides a Vulcan 2000 and has over 30,000 miles on it. Belt has caused zero problems and still looks like new. He doesn't go easy on that bike either. The way I look at it, if a belt can handle that torque-monster the way he drives it, they must be pretty tough.

My wife and I saw one of these on the road yesterday. She commented about liking the looks of it. I do too, but there are other reasons I wouldn't have one. I don't want a V twin, for starters. No power.

Yamaha already makes the bike of our dreams.

I have to disagree with you when you say V-Twins have no power. I have a 2007 Suzuki M109R and it is a Beast. It has so much power and torque that you can't even hardly hold on to he handle bars when you hammer it. I do however think that on a road bike that the four cylinder is nicer because of how smooth it is. When me and my wife get on the Venture and take a trip i don't want to vibrating and shaking all the way there. If i wanted that i would go buy a Harley, but since i hate Harley's that is definitely out of the question.

I have to disagree with you when you say V-Twins have no power. I have a 2007 Suzuki M109R and it is a Beast. It has so much power and torque that you can't even hardly hold on to he handle bars when you hammer it. I do however think that on a road bike that the four cylinder is nicer because of how smooth it is. When me and my wife get on the Venture and take a trip i don't want to vibrating and shaking all the way there. If i wanted that i would go buy a Harley, but since i hate Harley's that is definitely out of the question.
kind of have to agree with you. i loved my rstd but was constantly down shifting to keep it on the power band. it would really buck if you got the revs to low. don't down shift my v-star 1300 near as much. seldom ever need to down shift my wing. once in fifth gear you leave it there. think my vstar might out run my rstd. feels awful strong. :)

kind of have to agree with you. i loved my rstd but was constantly down shifting to keep it on the power band. it would really buck if you got the revs to low. don't down shift my v-star 1300 near as much. seldom ever need to down shift my wing. once in fifth gear you leave it there. think my vstar might out run my rstd. feels awful strong. :)

Hey Bill, does your V-Star or your Wing have two out of five Gears in Overdrive ?? :cool17::cool17:

Lowly Woman's opinion:

1. I like the looks!

2. I want to see one and test drive it!

3. I saw it only has a 1 year warranty!

4. It is a V-twin.

5. It has a belt drive; uh oh!

6. The tank is smaller-5.3 Gallons.

7. Our RSV is paid for and just as shiney.

Yama Mama

The 1 year warranty thing is incorrect, they have a 3 year warranty extendable to 5. Although the tank might be considered small, the MPG is really good for a bike (engine) this size. You can get more up to date info by going to the American Voyager Association website. They have their own page up about it with additional and corrected info on it. Also much talk about it on their forum. Just click on the AVA link in my sig.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.venturers.org/Forum/templates/subSilver/images/icon_minipost.gifPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:10 am Post subject: http://www.venturers.org/Forum/templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/icon_quote.gif http://www.venturers.org/Forum/templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/icon_edit.gif http://www.venturers.org/Forum/templates/subSilver/images/icon_delete.gif i've been looking at these pictures for three weeks now,as sume thing,dosen't look right

the position,of the driver,dose not look vary comferdent,he looks vary uncomforable,like the bike is not to stable

that is kinda the way i ride when i thank sumething,is not right,road condition,deer or dog,ahead,brake lits going on ahead,gravle in the cruve ahead--wife just punched me in the ribbs

what do you think,i also am a 4 cyclender old man :stirthepot::confused24: