IGNORED

New Kawasaki Voyager..

seforeman

I like the looks of the bike a lot. Very nice bike. Belt drive is not a problem, more HP to the wheel, nothing to grease, quiet.

The faring is a bit different but it sort of looks like the first farings Kaw had when they first came out.

I also like the idea of the faring being frame mounted, more protection from the elements.

I'm not in the market for a new bike but if I were this bike would sure be in the running.

Just my opinion,

Jerry

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I gotta go kick tires at the Kawi Store..... :) What really ticks me off is that Yamaha won't get of their A$$'s and listen to the public, and do something about it. It gets pretty bad when die hard 1st and 2nd Gen Venture riders are looking at VT's with a little gleam in their eye. And while I'm on the soapbox I'm getting to appreciate Harley a lot more too. At least they modify and improve from one year to the next. Not every 10 years. OK, I'm going to go get a cup of coffee now......

I really don't want a big twin, but I DO want a frame mounted fairing and modern features.

If Star doesn't announce something QUICK, I will HAVE to consider this Kawasaki for my next bike.

Just got through with a hugely wonderful and fun three day weekend with my wife on her Shadow, and me on my '86 VR. I love my bike, but it is old enough, I know it will have to be replaced someday. Would like a new bike with a warranty, and I like belt drive.

But before I buy this Kawasaki, I would have to finally do ride an Ultra Glide.

Wake up STAR, you are falling behind.

There's a LOT that I like about it. As far as the look of the fairing, the Kaw website says it is going for a retro look on various parts of the bike. (Which I like) The first time I saw the headlight chrome I thought it looked like it came from a '57 Chevy.

The only drawback that I see is legroom.

:12101:

I'm not sure that I like the fairing. It sort of reminds me of some of the old police bike fairings. I like a lot of things about the bike but am glad I am not in the market right now. I didn't expect Yamaha to do anything for the '09 model but I really expect them to for the 2010. We'll see.

Here is what the fairing reminds me of.

After reading posts on the Amer. Voyager Assoc. web site, Kaw has not let out weight or height yet because they are still deciding on a few things. One being which seat to use. That will determine the seat height. The AVA pres was at the unveiling in Dallas. Kaw says that the Voyager will get 45 mpg. Heck, I get that with my carburated motor.

If I were in the market for a bike, I would have a look see.

I am surprised that anything more than a 12 month warranty is extra. The 5 year warranty was a big selling point for me and the RSV

Not bad looking, for the most part I like it. Looks like they borrowed ideas from almost every touring machine out there.

I am not fussy on fairing something is just not right, but maybe a different angle would make it look better. I do like the large instruments.

Also not a fan of V twins

Brad

Hopefully Star will have this type of idea for 2010, but that is another year away. If Kaw has these at the Daytona Bike-O-Fest next month I might just have to demo one for the heck of it. It will be interesting to see what the price will be. But I enjoy riding mind more since it has been paid off for a while.

If I were in the market for a bike, I would have a look see.

I am surprised that anything more than a 12 month warranty is extra. The 5 year warranty was a big selling point for me and the RSV

Warranty is 3 years according to update on the AVA web site.

[url=http://www.amervoyassoc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1061][/url]http://www.amervoyassoc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1061

Edited by CO.Rider

i think they aimed at harley and if that is the case it won't have any leg room i checked out a ultra classic last year after riding my rsv and thought wheres the rest of the bike. the picture looks great but if it doesn't fit its not worth a penny to me. so ill wait and try one on for size.:dancefool:

I like the looks of it alot and would at least go check it out if i was buying a new touring bike......but since i just got a new Venture a month ago i'm not looking lol. I will say that the guy riding that bike does not look comfortable though, maybe he is a very tall guy and wouldn't be comfy on the Venture either who knows. It may look great but sitting on it and riding it could be a whole different story, and then of course there is the price you have to take in to consideration also. I love my new Venture and will be very happy with it for years to come, but that is definitely a great looking machine. I can't wait to see one in person and sit on it.

I must admit I got a little excited when I saw the look and specs of the new kwacker. Then I came down to earth when I saw the engine output. 20% more power than the 1600 cc motor which works out to around 80 hp at the crank with 108 ft lbs of torque out of a 1700cc engine (103 cubes) probably 65-70 rwhp and 90-95 rw ft lbs.

I'm gonna stay with my beautiful V4 thanks all the same.:thumbdown:

I like the looks of this new Voyager, those smart folks at Kawasaki really took their time putting this one together, I can see styling ideas from Harley, Yamaha, and Victory.. Slap a nice set of pipes on this bike(for safety of course) and I think Kawasaki is going to have a real winner on their hands here.. All that stump pulling torque from the v twin feels great, its too costly these days for high horsepower I will take the high torque any day... I get in less trouble with torque than with high speed horsepower...

I like the looks of this new Voyager, those smart folks at Kawasaki really took their time putting this one together, I can see styling ideas from Harley, Yamaha, and Victory.. Slap a nice set of pipes on this bike(for safety of course) and I think Kawasaki is going to have a real winner on their hands here.. All that stump pulling torque from the v twin feels great, its too costly these days for high horsepower I will take the high torque any day... I get in less trouble with torque than with high speed horsepower...

My thinking is what's the HP rating at the rear wheel of the Venture vs. the new 1700 Kawi. That might be a better comparison. I'm not absolutely sure but I think there's less loss of crank HP with a belt drive??? :stirthepot:

Looks nice but..................

So much fly by wire, scary! Great when its working but a B1TCH when its not.

I like the simple life and I usually end up taking my vehicles into their geriatric years.

Give me old school cables and hydraulics any day.

Brian H.

Some interesting comparison's seeing as how one of our members has moved to a new HD Ultra ('09 model) and in doing so, got me interested.

Voyager

103.7ci

107.8 lb-ft @ 2,750 rpm

Compression: 9.5:1

09 Ultra

96.00 cu. in.

92.60 ft lbs @ 3500 rpm

Compression: 9.2:1

Regardless of the horsepower rating, this new Voyager (and it is all-new including the engine apparently) is looking very impressive in my book.

My thinking is what's the HP rating at the rear wheel of the Venture vs. the new 1700 Kawi. That might be a better comparison. I'm not absolutely sure but I think there's less loss of crank HP with a belt drive??? :stirthepot:

Voyager-belt drive

103.7ci

107.8 lb-ft @ 2,750 rpm

Compression: 9.5:1

09 Ultra-belt drive

96.00 cu. in.

92.60 ft lbs @ 3500 rpm

Compression: 9.2:1

08 RSV-shaft drive

1,294cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, V-4 98hp and maximum torque of 89 ft-lb @ 4,750 rpm(

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::whistling::whistling:

Lowly Woman's opinion:

1. I like the looks!

2. I want to see one and test drive it!

3. I saw it only has a 1 year warranty!

4. It is a V-twin.

5. It has a belt drive; uh oh!

6. The tank is smaller-5.3 Gallons.

7. Our RSV is paid for and just as shiney.

Yama Mama

My wife Teri missed the first 6 Items but sure told me about #7. Whats that all about ?