IGNORED

The Scary Jeep

Squidley

For those of you that attended MD at Freebirds, you know what I'm talking about. Lonna and I are shacked up 100 East of Memphis TN right now due to a big storm that was making the "Scary Jeep" even scarier. So we got a room and will hit it again in the morning.

Now I have to tell you, there were some fun times on the trip today, especially going through Nashville. Those damn potholes were throwing me all over the place! but we are still alive and going to hit it hard tomorrow morning.

Now for those of you that are scratching your head going "Squid...what the hell are you talking about" I'll fill you in a bit. Lonna and I took my pickup to Michigan to leave with her son. he doesn't have a reliable vehicle and is working 6 days a week and really doesn't have time to fix the one he had, or should I say, I have now. He's borrowing my truck until we can find him a better vehicle and we can swap so I can get my truck back. What I am driving back to Texas is an '85 CJ7 and let me tell y'all, it is a scary experience. The front end is a bit loose on this thing, and when it hits bumps it goes all over the place.

While we were at MD I was telling folks there that it was a scary ride, hence "Scary Jeep" which is now what I will call it. I know there are folks that love these old Jeeps, but right at this point I am not loving this thing. I am going to have to get into the suspension and fix it. Maybe it will be fun after that, but it's one hell of a ride at this point.

So tomorrow we will finish our trek into Texas, and hope Scary Jeep doesn't jump over a ravine :sign20:

Now for those of you that are scratching your head going "Squid...what the hell are you talking about" I'll fill you in a bit. Lonna and I took my pickup to Michigan to leave with her son. he doesn't have a reliable vehicle and is working 6 days a week and really doesn't have time to fix the one he had, or should I say, I have now. He's borrowing my truck until we can find him a better vehicle and we can swap so I can get my truck back. What I am driving back to Texas is an '85 CJ7 and let me tell y'all, it is a scary experience. The front end is a bit loose on this thing, and when it hits bumps it goes all over the place.

While we were at MD I was telling folks there that it was a scary ride, hence "Scary Jeep" which is now what I will call it. I know there are folks that love these old Jeeps, but right at this point I am not loving this thing. I am going to have to get into the suspension and fix it. Maybe it will be fun after that, but it's one hell of a ride at this point.

So tomorrow we will finish our trek into Texas, and hope Scary Jeep doesn't jump over a ravine

:sign20:

Had to laugh... Way back when I had a '53 CJ3 and like yours everytime I hit a pot hole it would be an E-Ticket ride with the tires fender slappin' big time. The only way to get it straightened out was to come to a complete stop, and then start again, and all was good til the next pot hole... It was intertaining... :big-grin-emoticon:

Oh, quit your sniveling and drop a few gallons of oil back in that beast......]

Hope my quart of Pennzoil did/does SUMPIN for that old pig!!

Good luck on the rest of your journey guys.......and thanks again Brad for the wiring job! (Although Jackie said she didn't even notice my "new" spoiler light on the way home. Too used to looking at my LED brake light, she said. Oh well.......as long as she......and everyone else is seeing SOMETHING RED back there!)

Be well, kiddo. It was good to see you again.

Mike

We didn't hav.e any of the 500 mph tape. I figured that might hold it together better then the stuff they had. Plus I think it needed more tape of some kind, any kind.

You and Lonna just keep us up on your journey so we know you make it home in one piece.

Margaret

We didn't hav.e any of the 500 mph tape. I figured that might hold it together better then the stuff they had. Plus I think it needed more tape of some kind, any kind.

You and Lonna just keep us up on your journey so we know you make it home in one piece.

Margaret

you missed the tires the rubber looks like it could have used some :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Glad you made it that far. I know you are on I40, and when you cross that bridge into Arkansas, I40 turns to crap. It's that way in Arkansas & Oklahoma both. Should be an interesting ride. Stay safe Shipmate. Keep us posted.