IGNORED

Need good vibes and/or prayers.

GAWildKat

Some of y'all knew that Mike, aka StormRaven was given the opportunity to become a candidate for a paid programming internship through his college. The internship will be with the Georgia Farm Bureau in Macon GA for spring semester. He finally got called today to set the date for his interview. It's thurs morning @ 9:30am. Please give up some prayers, good vibes, etc that he gets the position. I will also mention as of this semester he's officially double majoring in Computer Programming and Computer Networking and should walk with both degrees next spring. I'll also be throwing the man a graduation ride (yes I said ride) as a reward for all the hard work he's done the past 2 yrs with one more to go. Despite all the obstacles he's faced since his wreck and head injury in Sept 09 he's bounced back in a major way. Carrying a 4.0 GPA every semester, president's list, National Honor society member, works at Radioshack on those crazy hrs and about to add an internship to the mix (we hope!)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's hoping it all comes together for you two. Life's a struggle sometimes but the payoff is usually worth the effort. We have two daughters who are seemingly constantly going back to school for one thing or another .... one day it will all pay off, I just know it.

Even the "school of hard knocks" and that college of "trial and error" and let's not forget that university degree called "self-taught" has a way of paying off.

Kudos to your efforts!

Guest tx2sturgis

When yall get rich and famous...remember us little people who made it all possible.

:smile5:

Seriously, I hope he knocks this one outta the park!

:happy34:

All that hard work is about to pay off!

In a couple of years you'll look back at this and laugh...

Nah, I won't laugh, but I'll be glad when those brains of his turn us a nice profit. I'm on disability so we depend on his income to get us by. Granted He is getting 2 AS degrees in IT, and I've had people argue with me that he should not double major in programming and network engineering, and I say why not? He's equally good in both and having skills in both areas means you can diversify well. Yes, he still plans to get the BS, I'm hoping he gets the internship and he is offered a job with the farm bureau once the internship ends. State job with state benefits would be very nice.

Putting good vibes southbound for Mike and a few prayers for continued success.

Some of y'all knew that Mike, aka StormRaven was given the opportunity to become a candidate for a paid programming internship through his college. The internship will be with the Georgia Farm Bureau in Macon GA for spring semester. He finally got called today to set the date for his interview. It's thurs morning @ 9:30am. Please give up some prayers, good vibes, etc that he gets the position. I will also mention as of this semester he's officially double majoring in Computer Programming and Computer Networking and should walk with both degrees next spring. I'll also be throwing the man a graduation ride (yes I said ride) as a reward for all the hard work he's done the past 2 yrs with one more to go. Despite all the obstacles he's faced since his wreck and head injury in Sept 09 he's bounced back in a major way. Carrying a 4.0 GPA every semester, president's list, National Honor society member, works at Radioshack on those crazy hrs and about to add an internship to the mix (we hope!)

Well, Mike had the interview today, rain notwithstanding. Interview was about an hour long. They discussed Mike's background and career goals. Basically this is the 1st of what may become 4 interviews before getting hired. They also told him while the internship is supposed to be for a Java Programmer, he may be sent to do system administration because of his networking background, it's whatever the IT Director chooses. If picked for the internship and he does well over the course of the internship, he'll likely be offered a job at the end of the internship. The schedule is flexible too, 20 hrs/week to be done as his school and Radioshack would allow. Likely he will do 2 8hr days and one 4 day @ the internship, and the same @ Radioshack each week. So keep him on the prayer lists and I will update again when I know more. You can do it Mike!:fingers-crossed-emo:cool10::080402gudl_prv:

Good deal!!!

He might find doing 2 10hr days a little more advantageous...

Mike and I agree on that, However the office is open 8am-4:30pm M-F So those are the hours he has to work.

While he's not much of a morning person, having a stable schedule that even Radioshack has to follow would be great. At Radioshack he's currently working 12-9:15pm most days with the occasional 4 or 4:30 start to his work day. Those are the days I can't stand. Nothing reasonable happens. He spends the day lazing about waiting to start his shift because starting anything productive means he has to stop to go to work.