IGNORED

Need good vibes and/or prayers.

GAWildKat

I sure hope this all works out for you.

It may have been a good choice to take the car to the interview, after a special that just aired on local news where they interviewed a former HR head, one of the things that is done in the interview is that someone will go out to look at what you drove in. Things like a baby seat in the car can be a big black mark on your interview because it means that you will need time off for child reasons. Motorcycles also got black marks because it could mean expensive medical and time off in the event of a crash.

You can't think of anything to keep occupied for 4 hours on those days...........:whistling:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope this all works out for you.

It may have been a good choice to take the car to the interview, after a special that just aired on local news where they interviewed a former HR head, one of the things that is done in the interview is that someone will go out to look at what you drove in. Things like a baby seat in the car can be a big black mark on your interview because it means that you will need time off for child reasons. Motorcycles also got black marks because it could mean expensive medical and time off in the event of a crash.

I can think of things to do on those days...however having a roomie means some of those things don't happen in daylight hrs.

And my car looks work than the bike, but point taken. If the McDonald's were just bit closer to the office I think he might have parked the bike there and changed, then walked to the office, thus foiling that idea. Apparently he was a bit over dressed for the interview, his interviewers wore plaid type shirts with khakis. I'm at a loss how to dress the man....really!

:confused24:

HA!!!

I'm probably the last person to ask for dress advice.:rotfl:

Dress code where I work is dress shoes, black pants, white shirt, and a tie.

I wear black sneakers, black jeans and polo shirts (at least they have 3 buttons), and I don't even own a white shirt or a tie.

Little by little some others, including upper management, are starting to follow my lead.

Dress for success, especially in IT... He can always dress down after he gets the job.

Where I worked, i always had a suit, tie and extra shirt and pants on a hanger.... just in case. The agency heads frowned upon jeans and polo shirts ...

Besides, the extra clothes come in handy when you have a food acccident... In fact I loaned them out on more than one occassion... :confused24:

HA!!!

I'm probably the last person to ask for dress advice.:rotfl:

Dress code where I work is dress shoes, black pants, white shirt, and a tie.

I wear black sneakers, black jeans and polo shirts (at least they have 3 buttons), and I don't even own a white shirt or a tie.

Little by little some others, including upper management, are starting to follow my lead.

Well all of Mike's suits scream mafia (his nickname amongst his friends is Mafia Mike).

SHHHH I didn't tell ya! He owns one sport coat in all his stuff. I'm just hoping he gets the next interview AND I can get to the storage unit to find another suit before the next interview.

Highland battle dress is always a crowd pleaser with HR folk.... Especially when one arrives on a scoot. :rotfl:

:15_8_211[1]:

Yeah....too bad I can't get the Croat to celebrate his Scottish heritage (his mother is a Douglass, being a Royal Stewart descendant I try to overlook that Douglass bloodline)

Alas no matter how hard I try I can't get him anywhere near a kilt, but I agree, a kilt would get some raised eyebrows from HR!

• 3 weeks later...

Sending my good wishes and crossed fingers for the job. Oh by the way I own a kilt and love it. Not one of the newer one but the old style, almost like a Toga( its 20 ft. long and has to be folded into the pleats, pinned and tucked into the synching belt) . I wear it to the local Renaissance Fair every year.

Wishing him good luck on the interview.:thumbsup2:

Mike interviewed this morning....he was told in the last interview he wouldn't be interviewing with the dept heads until the final interview, which could be interview 3 or 4 depending how many prospects went to this round. Looks like more people got cut after the 1st interview than they expected. Mike met with all the dept heads this morning and seemed to have impressed them. Despite our news last night about getting told to move, (roomie was near tears over it) Mike was in good spirits when he came home and thinks he has the job.

• 2 weeks later...