IGNORED

New Members/Trial Members PLEASE READ

Freebird

I get several emails per day from newer members/trial members asking why they are suddenly unable to search forums, download attachments and various other things. You get a message that says something like "you do not have permissions" to perform certain tasks.

Pretty much 100% of the time it is because your trial membership or your supporting membership has expired. I then often get an email back stating something like "thank you but I didn't realize that it was a trial membership".

This post is meant to be informative, NOT scolding. When you go to the home page of VentureRider.org and read the introduction, it clearly states that you are signing up for a free 60 day trial. When you get your welcome email, it also welcomes you to your free 60 day trial.

I am not trying to trick anybody here. I try to make it very clear that the free membership is indeed for a 60 day trial. I also state that upon completion of the free trial or sooner if you like what you find here, full membership is only $12.00 per year. Folks that is $1.00 per month and I think affordable for most anybody. I hope so. As cheap as it is, if you truly have some serious financial issues just send me a message. I have given a free years to several people who were truly having problems.

Now let me say that almost everybody is OK with the answer once they learn that their trial membership has simply expired. I've only had one person ever who got upset about it. He was from somewhere in California and said that he was a retired cop and he knew a thing or two about "bait and switch" scams and that he was never told that it was only a free trial. I'm sorry people, but if a retired cop missed ALL the notifications that the free membership was only a 60 day trial then I'm guessing that he wasn't a detective.

So like I said, this post is not meant to scold anybody, well except maybe that retired cop if he even checks things out still, but just an explanation to those of you who might have missed the terms.

It is easy to become a supporting member. Just click on "Membership" in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Thanks

Edited by Freebird
  • Like 1

I get several emails per day from newer members/trial members asking why they are suddenly unable to search forums, download attachments and various other things. You get a message that says something like "you do not have permissions" to perform certain tasks.

Pretty much 100% of the time it is because your trial membership or your supporting membership has expired. I then often get an email back stating something like "thank you but I didn't realize that it was a trial membership".

This post is meant to be informative, NOT scolding. When you go to the home page of VentureRider.org and read the introduction, it clearly states that you are signing up for a free 60 day trial. When you get your welcome email, it also welcomes you to your free 60 day trial.

I am not trying to trick anybody here. I try to make it very clear that the free membership is indeed for a 60 day trial. I also state that upon completion of the free trial or sooner if you like what you find here, full membership is only $12.00 per year. Folks that is $1.00 per month and I think affordable for most anybody. I hope so. As cheap as it is, if you truly have some serious financial issues just send me a message. I have given a free years to several people who were truly having problems.

Now let me say that almost everybody is OK with the answer once they learn that their trial membership has simply expired. I've only had one person ever who got upset about it. He was from somewhere in California and said that he was a retired cop and he knew a thing or two about "bait and switch" scams and that he was never told that it was only a free trial. I'm sorry people, but if a retired cop missed ALL the notifications that the free membership was only a 60 day trial then I'm guessing that he wasn't a detective.

So like I said, this post is not meant to scold anybody, well except maybe that retired cop if he even checks things out still, but just an explanation to those of you who might have missed the terms.

Thanks

Love it!

Love it!

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that: and again - YEAH THAT!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Another point of interest, IMHO, about our site is that we have no "auto pay" so I don't see how anyone could construe anything around here as a "scam" as far as how Freebird has chosen to operate the site.. Matter of fact,, all of us supportive members are really treated no differently then the Trial Members - we get a notification in our email that our measly 12 dollar a year club dues are about to expire and can freely choose whether we want to put up with all these,,, I mean,, want to continue being part of this amazing family of lop eared varmints at that time - absolutely, positive NO evidence of scamming..

There has been a few instances though where a couple scammers have snuck into and tried to :stickpoke: us but they dont last very long.. That Freebird and his staff of awesome Moderator's do a great job of spotting them and :buttkick:ing out in less time than it took em to sign up.... :think:,,, :scratchchin:,,,:lightbulb: = IMHO,, my experience with other Forum's SCREAMS to me that that alone is worth a buck a month!!:thumbsup:

Thanks Don and Mods for all you do!!

Puc

• Like 1

When they sign up it says under the screen name TRIAL MEMBER. These people want full and complete access for 1 dollar? Complete and utter nonsense IF...you think you deserve full access AND were convinced by the bossman that was the deal. Geez, some people. As for the retired cop, well...I'm pro LEO as I have immediate family in that field, but come on guy...

LOL....the retired cop got pretty irate but folks please understand that I too am a supporter of our fine men and women who are out there everyday for our protection. We have several who are members here and my report was not meant to reflect negatively on them or others in any way. I just found this one particularly amusing. :)

LOL....the retired cop got pretty irate but folks please understand that I too am a supporter of our fine men and women who are out there everyday for our protection. We have several who are members here and my report was not meant to reflect negatively on them or others in any way. I just found this one particularly amusing. :)
Like anything else there is always one apple that risks tainting the barrel but I agree most do their job and well.

I'm of the opinion that $12.00 per year is a total ripoff, highway robbery. Every year when I re-up my membership, I have to push my brain past the fact that I am totally ripping Don off. It's highway robbery for me to only shell out the paltry sum of $12.00 per year to gain the benefits I have here on this site.

I just ate a lunch that cost $12.00, and 2 hours from now, it won't even be in my body anymore, heck, 2 days from now, I won't even remember what I ate. $12.00 is so ridiculously low for what we all receive from this site, its laughable.

I think the next time Don receives any complaint from someone about the rate, he needs to send them a message with a middle finger salute emoji, and move on down the road.

Big Lenny

I'm of the opinion that $12.00 per year is a total ripoff, highway robbery. Every year when I re-up my membership, I have to push my brain past the fact that I am totally ripping Don off. It's highway robbery for me to only shell out the paltry sum of $12.00 per year to gain the benefits I have here on this site.

I just ate a lunch that cost $12.00, and 2 hours from now, it won't even be in my body anymore, heck, 2 days from now, I won't even remember what I ate. $12.00 is so ridiculously low for what we all receive from this site, its laughable.

I think the next time Don receives any complaint from someone about the rate, he needs to send them a message with a middle finger salute emoji, and move on down the road.

Big Lenny

Knowing the Boss is too nice to do this Lenny he could pass the task on to us ( He ain't gonna let me get away with this!!) Yeah I know Boss, middle finger extended not folded in with the rest!! See I can do the kinder gentler thing....:mugshot::mugshot::Avatars_Gee_George:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

12 bucks a year WOW Freebird what you gonna do with all that money.................... I am not sure how long I have been on here but probably 7 years or so so I have spent somewhere around $80. I can tell you this I have save 10 times that much by knowing what went wrong because of everyone on here and how to fix it. Hell I saved the $80 about a month after I joined when the ignition switch went out plum in the middle of nowhere.

Thank You Freebird for doing all you do to keep this upo and running. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

• 2 months later...

Pretty sure I understood from the title "60 day trial". I would tell you what is said at the firehouse about cops but I might offend officers on here. I used tips on the site today in replacing my starter clutch and figured I owed at least $12 for the help. Thanks to all.