IGNORED

Down but not out..........

BoomerCPO

On 26 July at 8:36AM my 06 Venture and I went down on a Exit off I-95 South near Newton MA while enroute to a PGR Mission.

My injuries: 4 broken ribs; 4 broken lower back vertebra; crushed left foot;twisted left ankle and knee; lacerations/abrasions to lower leg leg.

Venture: $7K in damages. Bike is at Dealership in MA being repaired/restored.

I am at home licking my wounds and attempting to create soft asphalt.

Ride safe out there my Brothers and Sisters.....that road has no mercy!

Boomer.......who failed to complete PGR Mission #103.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you heal fast and will be ready to get back in the saddle soon.

You know what they stay, there are only those who have laid one down, and those who waiting for their turn. You can say now, "been there and done that"...

Take care friend.

That's the problem with you Navy types. Never learned to bounce on solid ground. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/lol5.gif

Really hate to read posts like this one. But thankfully you are capable of making the post.

Listen to the Doc and don't try to push the recovery. I found out after I put mine down a couple of years ago that us old timers seem to require a bit more time to get back up and running.

:15_8_211[1]: :mytruck:

Sincere thanks to all for the good wishes. Being 58 years old methinks the scoot will be 100% repaired quite a bit before I am.....sigh.

Buddy.......I might just be sending my seat to you for modifications a bit sooner than I had planned.

Regards to all........Boomer

Sincere Best Wishes! for a complete and speedy recovery, Boomer! As regrettable as it is to hear of your accident, we are, thankfully, hearing about it from you.

You will hopefully let us know if there is anything that can be done that would be helpful...

Kindest Regards,

Terry & Janis

Glad you are relatively ok.

Looks like you got pretty banged up. Hope you heal soon and your bike gets repaired.

Boomer, do you know why you went down?

Bob

Bob......As I entered the turn the morning sun blinded me completely. I was in 3rd gear and speed was 30mph. I continued through the turn driving blindly.....ended up going a tad too wide and hit the right side curbing. Once on the gravel/dirt I downshifted to 2nd and hit the throttle in a attempt to drive the bike back onto the road. The rear wheel kicked out due to too much applied power and down the scoot and I went.

I firmly believe that if I had not downshifted I could have pulled it off and made it safely back onto the road.

Note to self: The Venture is not a dirtbike! LOL!

Regards........Boomer

Hate reading these posts from our members but happy that you Boomer are here to tell us of it. As bad as you're banged up it could of been worse.

Oh yea that bike will most likely be road ready long before you are. Follow Doc's orders and get fully healed before getting back on the horse.

Larry

Boomer,

Sorry to here about the not so nice results of your attempt to turn the RSV into a dirt bike.

Maybe you should have them put knobbys on it while it is in the shop.

I am not that far from you. If you need any help on the weekend with anything around your place drop me a line or call me and I will come give ya a hand with it.