IGNORED

Eileen's new toy

Freebird

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Talk about a RIOT = she/you guys are gonna have SOOOOOO MUCH FUN with that puppy!!!:dancefool::dancefool:

I know Larry (Carbon One) and I had a BLAST in his just in a short trip into town to get spark plugs (gotta watch that throttle Eileen cause that baby'll light em up RIGHT NOW) and Tip and I rode the daylights out of them at Sturgis last year!! Side x siding is a BLAST!!!

I know many people get all:nanner: about the slinger not "technically" being a motorcycle because its a "side by side" but personally, I think it is AWESOME that Polaris :stickpoke: with the Feds and got it classified as such!!!!!! :sign Rock On:Polaris!!!!!!!!!!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

great looking ride we have rode several rides with a couple in the ride and talking to them they love it. but they did say stay away from dirt roads those front wheels will fill your lap up with dirt.

Welcome to the Slingshot world Don & Eileen. I knew 2 years ago you loved taking mine for a spin at MD. You'll have a blast cruising in comfort now. Oh ya let the accessorizing begin. I'll catch up with you guys sometime down the road.

Larry

Not happy with the Can-Am? Or just wanted to go a different way? I think they are pretty cool machines. I have seen some down this way with some nice LED accent lights under things like the front splitter and belly pan look pretty awsome going down the road. I know some places the LEO's get upset about that stuff. You just need to know what you can get away with I reckon. Enjoy.

I was personally never happy with the Spyder. I thought I wanted one a few years ago but after an extended test ride at the NY Rally with a loaner from Pioneer Motorsports, I knew it wasn't for me. I really wanted to like it but my long legs and my back just did not get along well with it. Eileen loved it though so I finally bought it for her. She liked it but didn't like that we couldn't ride together on it. Though she likes riding it alone at times, she enjoys it more when we can ride together.

We loved the test ride that we took on Carbon-One's Slingshot at my Maintenance Day two or three years ago and thought seriously about buying one then but never did. So when I ran across this 2016 with just over 4,000 miles on it at a pretty good price, we talked about it and decided to make the move. We'll see how it all works out. Certainly not a motorcycle in my opinion but that doesn't mean that it won't be a blast in a different way.

Haven't picked it up yet. It's only about 20 minutes down the road but it's COLD outside. We are going to drive over there today and pay the buy for it but I may not actually bring it home until next weekend when it will hopefully be a bit warmer outside. Or I may get there and decide what the heck, bundle up and drive it home. We still have snow and ice though and there is a lot of salt on the roads so I'm probably going to leave it there for a few days.

Like you Don I sat on BigBob's Spider in Cody and couldn't get my legs to fit. How's the leg room in this one?? And I'm wondering... Has anyone done a significant long range trip in one yet?? And how's the fuel mpg if you keep your foot out of it?? BTW Happy Birthday!!

The two main complaints I've heard (besides no luggage room) is cramped space for your feet, and getting in and out...

They have come out with some really interesting color combinations over the past few years, there is a really sharp looking (IMHO) green one at Pioneer right now!

The two main complaints I've heard (besides no luggage room) is cramped space for your feet, and getting in and out...

They have come out with some really interesting color combinations over the past few years, there is a really sharp looking (IMHO) green one at Pioneer right now!

I'm not into gaudy and really like the color of Don's. A 34" inseam, fat ass, size 15D's, and old age :backinmyday: will probably keep me out of one.. I wonder if there are any other's on the market besides Polarus??

Well so much for my thoughts on getting a Spyder forum on this site, I thought Eileen might have a little push on that, but that probably went down FlyinFools drain as well. Hope it works for you guys.

Marca and I have discussed it at times, but so far we decided to stay with the present. Maybe sometime down the road, but it would have to be easier to get out of, so maybe a different brand. Marca like to crochet while we travel anywhere distant. She could do that on the 85 but the back draft on the Spyder doesn't allow for that. Always something!!!

Well, we just went and picked it up. I tell you what, it is 36 degrees outside and I about froze to death on the way home. Glad it was only about 30 minutes away. I have a 35" inseam and was plenty comfortable. I was concentrating mostly on trying to keep the icicles broken off my nose but I think I will enjoy it when it gets just a bit warmer.

Already have a trailer hitch ordered from Carbon_One. Next thing will be a taller windshield.

Don the F-4 windshields are the way to go. I'm actually on my 3rd windshield. First I had the oem shield, which is taller than your base model shield I think. Then went to a +3 F-4 tint. It was fine for Joyce but I would get just enough wind turbulence to be annoying when wearing a helmet. I now have the +5 tinted and love it. I did add a set of Baker Wings to draw in more air when needed.

Yea even with that +5 shield I'm staying home till temps hit the mid 40's, preferably 50+.

Larry

I'm not into gaudy and really like the color of Don's. A 34" inseam, fat ass, size 15D's, and old age :backinmyday: will probably keep me out of one.. I wonder if there are any other's on the market besides Polarus??

Well so much for my thoughts on getting a Spyder forum on this site, I thought Eileen might have a little push on that, but that probably went down FlyinFools drain as well. Hope it works for you guys.

Marca and I have discussed it at times, but so far we decided to stay with the present. Maybe sometime down the road, but it would have to be easier to get out of, so maybe a different brand. Marca like to crochet while we travel anywhere distant. She could do that on the 85 but the back draft on the Spyder doesn't allow for that. Always something!!!

Sorry for the :hijacked: here Boss,,

Definitely top quality and not a bad MSRP BUT = definitely not as roomy or as easy to get in/out of as the Sling Shot...

Edited by cowpuc