Concealed carry Isurance. Any Ideas???

Yammer Dan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I lived in Oklahoma, if it was visible you could carry side arm. Where I was it was common to see folks with a side are off and on. Lot of ranches and farms. Could not carry in banks and court house. So whats the insurance your talking about for?

I have training out the Wazoo. NRA might be way to go. Some of these really come in handy if you get caught up in something like the Little Brother did. Crooked Sheriff's Dept. is making things rough. I have yet to see a State Trooper down there. The trash is sending all kinds of threats but Sheriff's Dept. says "So What?" I've been mentioned several times as next on list. " Bring it Retards!!" I do hope they come in my direction first instead of other family members. I don't need weapon with most of these scum but I know I'm getting mature!! Pulling guard duty again. The Insurance might be a life saver in this mess if I would have to defend myself.

To bad you were not able to make it up here. The NRA is hosting its first ever Concealed Carry Expo here in Milwaukee with vendors, display,s seminars, and everything you could want to know about concealed carry.

I would be interested to hear whatever you learn. Don't have their Carry Guard insurance, but I do trust the NRA to provide a solid service - just haven't convinced myself that $20 -$30 per month is necessary with the number of times I carry a gun.

zag

Edited by zagger

14 bucks a month. I need to call about WV Laws not requiring a permit. I carried for years working for state but stupid Politician Sheriff turned me down for permit. Might ruin coverage anyway but he broke the law refusing me when I was qualified by State!!

I'd stay away from NRA Carry Guard. It's not all they'd like you to think it is. More a reimbursement program, and a poorly designed one at that. I do support the NRA and have been a member for 35 years but Carry Guard and their new training club type thing galls me.

I'm looking into U.S. Law Shield right now. https://www.uslawshield.com/ I haven't had time to do much digging on it but I spent some time talking to a rep this weekend. It appears to be what USCCA and the Carry Guard program want you believe they are.

Good luck with everything Dan and stay safe!

The NRA does send me email regarding Carry Guard, and I do carry on the MC when on a long trip. Basically for the overnights in a motel, but that's about it. The monthly fee for the few times I do have it out of the nightstand are the big reason I don't sign up. Now if it were $60-$70 bucks a year I probably would. I wonder if the NRA gets a kick back on every policy written by their underwriter?? I ran into the same thing with their 'free' member $2500 gun coverage, but then when you look into extended coverage it's ridiculous... The NRA is getting to be a fund raising organization. Did you know the NRA controller and the Pres are pulling in one mill a year plus expenses...each.. I wonder what a million dollar liability umbrella policy would run with one of the major insurance co's?? Maybe $14 bucks a month ain't that bad of a deal????

I'm looking into U.S. Law Shield right now. https://www.uslawshield.com/ I haven't had time to do much digging on it but I spent some time talking to a rep this weekend. It appears to be what USCCA and the Carry Guard program want you believe they are.

Interesting - but looking through their website under the "Legalese" section I only see a few states, and not my state. Any idea what that means? I also have to wonder why they keep putting the word "use" in quotations? Seems like some kind of legalistic mumbojumbo.

zag

Still thinking of and praying for your brother and all involved here Dan.. What a terrible situation to say the least - hopefully things calm down and truthful/honest and fair justice somehow finds its way before more disastor sets in... Prayers Up bro!!

Puc

I have a SKS with 30 rd clip.... I can hit quarter sized targets with it at 50 yrds.

Wow! I can't see a quarter sized target at 50 yards. Sure couldn't hit it with a rifle shot. Probably good that anything I need to shoot inside my house will be much bigger than a quarter and much closer!

zag

I'd stay away from NRA Carry Guard. It's not all they'd like you to think it is. More a reimbursement program, and a poorly designed one at that. I do support the NRA and have been a member for 35 years but Carry Guard and their new training club type thing galls me.

Good luck with everything Dan and stay safe!

I guess the best way to protect yourself after pulling the trigger is to get a very good lawyer. Even yet, they really cost an arm and a leg.

I guess the best way to protect yourself after pulling the trigger is to get a very good lawyer. Even yet, they really cost an arm and a leg.

Yep,, my thoughts exactly N3.... Got a BUNCH of buddies here that all carry on their scoots and in the cars - almost never go anywhere without packin.. They stand in amazement at us when we travel all over the country unarmed and camp in the places we do.. I get asked a LOT about what I would do if confronted... Dont get me wrong,, I am a VERY staunch 2nd Amendment lover - lifetime NRA Member and all that but my response is - if they want my wallet, my bike, my shoes, my jacket = here ya go, no problem BECAUSE - there aint a ONE of those scum bags that are worth me having to sit the rest of my life in prison for or,, at a minimum, have to give all I own financially now and in the future to the courts and their scammers to keep from being locked up just because I buried one of the bad guys.. Aint none of that stuff worth it...

My favorite Concealed Carry Rule (and something also that my father taught me - he was an LEO) is - never ever pull it out unless your planning to practice with it or kill with it,, its not a deterrent - its a life and death survival tool..