IGNORED

Concealed carry Isurance. Any Ideas???

Yammer Dan

Yep,, my thoughts exactly N3.... Got a BUNCH of buddies here that all carry on their scoots and in the cars - almost never go anywhere without packin.. They stand in amazement at us when we travel all over the country unarmed and camp in the places we do.. I get asked a LOT about what I would do if confronted... Dont get me wrong,, I am a VERY staunch 2nd Amendment lover - lifetime NRA Member and all that but my response is - if they want my wallet, my bike, my shoes, my jacket = here ya go, no problem BECAUSE - there aint a ONE of those scum bags that are worth me having to sit the rest of my life in prison for or,, at a minimum, have to give all I own financially now and in the future to the courts and their scammers to keep from being locked up just because I buried one of the bad guys.. Aint none of that stuff worth it...

My favorite Concealed Carry Rule (and something also that my father taught me - he was an LEO) is - never ever pull it out unless your planning to practice with it or kill with it,, its not a deterrent - its a life and death survival tool..

Worst case scenario, a person gets robbed and gives everything he/she owns and then bad guy still kills victim. I've heard this over and over again. When is to pull or not to pull. I'll go by gut feeling. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worst case scenario, a person gets robbed and gives everything he/she owns and then bad guy still kills victim. I've heard this over and over again. When is to pull or not to pull. I'll go by gut feeling. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on! Problem is,, if the drug of emotion gets involved and affects that gut feeling, making a good judgement call can get cloudy.. My LEO dad use to say that if a person is prone to be affected by things like road rage aimed at him/her (or even worse - has a tendency to commit road rage = get upset with other drivers activity) and is the type that simply cant pull off the side of the road and let the road rager go on to avoid issue - that person really should chose not to carry a weapon..

It's sort of like modern day drinking laws,, the laws are set up to suck people into the court systems where the only ones that actually win are those who make $$$ (Judges, Lawyers = there's that old "follow the money" idea again - another one of Pop's favorite philosophies) thru situations that the victim of the drug finds themselves now intertwined. Those laws require people who are under the influence of a drug (alcohol) that by its very nature affects a persons ability to make life changing judgement calls at the time when they most need to make a good call (while under the influence and getting ready to stick the keys in the ignition) to make a bad call and end up in the clutches of a system where the only escape is thru $$$'s.

As I said training out the Wazoo. I know when to pull or not and if I pull I'm 95 per cent sure I'm gonna shoot. Long gun on our property is just scare tactic. I would just as soon they just stayed away. They don't want to push me til I use it with 30 rd Mag. They would be digging a few more holes.

If someone attempts to rob me with a weapon and I get the chance, my plan is to put him down. I may not get the chance, but that is the plan. I'll deal with the consequences of that action.

A friend of a friend who lives in the LA area was carjacked. He gave the robber his wallet and wasn't going to resist until the guy pistol whipped him. Then he pulls his .45 and fires blindly hitting the robber in the leg. The police came and asked why he didn't shoot the robber again. The emergency vehicle drove the robber to the hospital obeying all the traffic lights without speeding or turning on the lights giving the robber a chance to bleed out. The folks in that area are really tired of the crime. The robber was out of jail in a couple of years.

Yep,, my thoughts exactly N3.... Got a BUNCH of buddies here that all carry on their scoots and in the cars - almost never go anywhere without packin.. They stand in amazement at us when we travel all over the country unarmed and camp in the places we do.. I get asked a LOT about what I would do if confronted... Dont get me wrong,, I am a VERY staunch 2nd Amendment lover - lifetime NRA Member and all that but my response is - if they want my wallet, my bike, my shoes, my jacket = here ya go, no problem BECAUSE - there aint a ONE of those scum bags that are worth me having to sit the rest of my life in prison for or,, at a minimum, have to give all I own financially now and in the future to the courts and their scammers to keep from being locked up just because I buried one of the bad guys.. Aint none of that stuff worth it...

My favorite Concealed Carry Rule (and something also that my father taught me - he was an LEO) is - never ever pull it out unless your planning to practice with it or kill with it,, its not a deterrent - its a life and death survival tool..

Well, ya got me thinking. I don't often carry a gun although I do have a CCW permit. Most of the time, an assortment of guns are sitting around in the house, loaded but not at my side. Breaking into our house at night would be a seriously bad mistake. Probably not likely in our neighborhood. But one of our dogs jumped up last night and started barking like crazy. Bad dream, I guess, but you never know for sure. Knowing him, I didn't grab for anything to defend myself!

zag

Edited by zagger

Money Hungry Shysters coming out of woodwork. These suckers should be hung.

A number of years ago a really close friend of mine who also was Chief of Police in an outside area came here to testify on behalf of another loved one who had found himself in a severe legal situation.. I got a little rattled during a deposition in that case at the lack of concern for truth and honesty in the investigation.. THANKFULLY My Chief of Police friend, who was VERY knowledgeable of how the system functions, took me aside and reminded me that the modern system is concerned very little with truth or honesty but is all about "winner take all" (his words - not mine).. A point I have NEVER forgotten and the very foundation for why I am very very careful about if/when I pack..

At the end of that crisis after being found innocent but broke, the person who was being investigated found himself in front of the judge inquiring into the legal basis for the "customary and normal" charges his attorneys had charged his estate.. It seems that some of those charges averaged well over $1000 an hour.. He found no reprieve for the fee's and costs that had been levied but told me later that when the Judge asked him what he thought a reasonable hourly attorney fee should be and he responded with $100 an hour,, the Judge responded with any ""attorney that would work for less than $500 an hour is an attorney you would not want defending you" and that "customary and reasonable fee's begin there".

Prayers Up brother!!

Dan - I hope the predicament your brother is in gets resolved quickly. To a certain extent, maybe it is good he is being held...may be better for his protection. Sorry about the stress the scum are putting you thru and that the Sheriff doesn't seem to be concerned that the situation could escalate again.

They have put out word that they will burn his place to the ground and anyone in it. I know what this can be like. Also claim I'm next on "Hit" list. I'll do what I can. Law is almost non existant.

Dont sound good at all...

In my line of thinkin = two ways of lookin at it bro..

1. Flight before fight

or

2. Fight before flight

Fight before flight might constitute going on the offensive.. Gotta ask yourself though,, are they really worth it? Ya know,, if you do hunt em down one by one like in the movies,, the rest of your life will be spent on the other side of the bars inside that place you just retired from... Your wife, family and those precious grandkids may not appreciate that, even your friends like me wouldnt enjoy that.. That thought is exactly why I dont carry bro,,, just to easy for some low life to provoke = BANG and then = click,, the doors lock behind ya...

Flight before fight might just mean the big sell off,, what the heck - dont sound like your dealing with majorly intelligent forms of life - you could probably haul your brother stuff out, put it in storage, tack a for sale on his property and a few days later put a huge sold sign on it and they would back off.. Maybe have some out of town friends show up and act like they just bought the place,, get some Good Will furnishings and haul em in like they were moving in,, you know the routine - dog n pony show it to convince the idiots its no longer in the fam..

Do they know where you and your family live? May have to do the same thing if possible - getting a bullet in the back would not be fun..

No doubt = tough stuff = PRAYERS UP BROTHER!!

If something should happen and you have to pull the trigger Just remember. The police are not there to help you. They are looking to make an arrest. Except to say "I was in fear for my life" do not talk to them. Politely ask for a lawyer.

Mike

I know the do's & don'ts pretty well Mike.

Sister -in -Law went to work this morning truck crowded her off road and clipped mirrow. Law No Show.

Puc its a good thing I don't drink much anymore. 40 cal holds 10 with a extra mag. 357 holds 6 w/2 speed loaders. I've spent a few night hours pondering about this. Back in the day things could have been a lot different. If they come after me... I better just shut but it would be a shame if all that military training and the training with Corrections didn't help me. This is like a TV Drama. Like to have the writers neck in my hands for a few.....

• 4 months later...
May have to switch. Does look good.

USCCA offers more coverage at less cost and seems it covers any incident involving a gun and not just a shooting incident. Which is better. Also they provide a discount to military, & law enforcement. I'm comparing the two to make sure the list is correct.