IGNORED

Freebirds MD Accomodations

Marcarl

My plan is to attend MD in the Oberlin area. It's a great day and the Friday night dinner works out good as well. Now the problem is where to sleep. It would be nice to be able to go without, but it seems to be a thing to do as one gets older, and seeing as I like to spend time with some older and some younger folks, I'd like to be at the same place as they are.

So where is that?

I did a search for hotels in Elyria and came up with a bunch. Some we stayed at before and a lot that we didn't. Some have changed hands and ownership, but most are still in the same location,,, go figure!!!!

I also did a documentary on the reviews, and that is where I got confused and need some help. The reviews I noted were all posted mid to late last year or early this year. I kept cost into account and didn't look at anything over $100. Question is: When one person says there are bedbugs and the next person says it was the best bang for the money and no uninvited company,, who is right? Get my drift? So where do I sleep?

Yep,, totally get chur drift and know right where your coming from brother.. Personally,,, if I am able to make it down there this year I am staying in that little blue Motel by the lake. Clean inside with clean bedding (Tip washed the sleeping bag last year before I stuffed it up in the garage), cheap (25 bucks at Menards), no bedbugs (few squished skeeters with their beeks sticking in the wall though), quiet neighbors (unless that guy from Iceland or that bunch from New York show up again), not far to travel for food AND - extra soft bedding cause the guy that owns the place dont cut his grass to short...

Funnest part of all is laying there listening to alllll the Venture rider varmints snoring in perfect harmony while their minds dream of dreams of fixed motorcycles and FOOD O' PLENTY!!:missingtooth:

Marcarl, it is probably pricey but just to let everybody know, the Oberlin Inn has been torn down and completely rebuilt. I don't know it it is 100% finished or not but they have re-opened now.

Ya, even checked them out $258 per night. I'm too Dutch for that, I would ride home and save a bunch of cash. Maybe be a lot cheaper getting one of those blue things.

I spent 7 months working 6 - 12s at the infamous Davis Besse Nuclear Power Plant during their restart not that far from your home. They replaced the reactor vessel head that had corroded completely through the 6" of carbon steel and the thin stainless steel liner had started leaking. I actually stayed in Perrysburg south of Toledo.

My plan is to attend MD in the Oberlin area. It's a great day and the Friday night dinner works out good as well. Now the problem is where to sleep. It would be nice to be able to go without, but it seems to be a thing to do as one gets older, and seeing as I like to spend time with some older and some younger folks, I'd like to be at the same place as they are.

So where is that?

I did a search for hotels in Elyria and came up with a bunch. Some we stayed at before and a lot that we didn't. Some have changed hands and ownership, but most are still in the same location,,, go figure!!!!

I also did a documentary on the reviews, and that is where I got confused and need some help. The reviews I noted were all posted mid to late last year or early this year. I kept cost into account and didn't look at anything over $100. Question is: When one person says there are bedbugs and the next person says it was the best bang for the money and no uninvited company,, who is right? Get my drift? So where do I sleep?

Red roof inn in Elyria is where a lot of us stayed last year. It was ok and not to expensive, around $80.00 us. Easy

ride to Don's, about 15-20 minutes. We would stay there again.

Pond monster shore's inn is still my top choice. You get a massive discount if you bring your own bedding. It makes for a big savings too. Don't believe me do the math. $0.00 minus 100% discount = $0.00 ha even a Dutchman cant turn his nose up at that deal. Ummmm there may be a surcharge if you use Dons kitchen chairs to substitute for missing/forgotten tent poles.....Just sayi'n :confused24:

Edited by saddlebum

Pond monster shore's inn is still my top choice. You get a massive discount if you bring your own bedding. It makes for a big savings too. Don't believe me do the math. $0.00 minus 100% discount = $0.00 ha even a Dutchman cant turn his nose up at that deal. Ummmm there may be a surge if you use Dons kitchen chairs to substitute for missing/forgotten tent poles.....Just sayi'n :confused24:

Tent Poles are way overated!! Red Roof Inn will be beside Yama Mama and her 1st Husband!!

Mode of Transportation?? Makes ya wonder don't it???

Pond monster shore's inn is still my top choice. You get a massive discount if you bring your own bedding. It makes for a big savings too. Don't believe me do the math. $0.00 minus 100% discount = $0.00 ha even a Dutchman cant turn his nose up at that deal. Ummmm there may be a surge if you use Dons kitchen chairs to substitute for missing/forgotten tent poles.....Just sayi'n :confused24:

Tent Poles are way overated!! Red Roof Inn will be beside Yama Mama and her 1st Husband!!:think:

this blue room you all speak of. Converted porta pot or what????? Not sure what way I will be there but should be there dont want those blue rooms though. if i can teach dog to ride with me will be on bike if not will be in a box

:scared: