IGNORED

Here come's winter, What are some of the plans for the bike over the winter?

OrlinEngh

I will be getting the 86 I bought this fall a lot of cleaning and buffing and it should be ready to take to some shows this coming summer, mostly just for something different to do and have some fun.

The 84 new tires and a set of coils and just some tinkering.

The 2000 it will get tore down and a good going over to have it ready for next summer,

No big upgrades unless I run across a good deal on some Vmax parts.

And I have a few bikes coming in for some detail work so I have plenty to do on those days Im not out plowing snow.

Orlin

What I have done so far to my 83 is pulled the carbs out, Checked floats and adjusted slightly. Number 2 was not closing all the way. Replaced all screws with Allen heads. Watching an Item on ebay getting ready to bid on it. Then I will be putting that item on my bike. Sealing up the YICS box and possibly putting it back in. Just kind of working as time and money allows. One question would be I put 4 shots of seafoam in the tank and it is full. The question should I put the carbs back on just to start it or will my non ethanol gas be OK? Also Tues will be going to the plumbing shop in Joplin to see if they have the Abs Plastic and glue to do a few plastic tabs and repair. Then February I am gonna take a leap and order that TCI I found and try it out to see if it performs well. Will give my reviews on it, Take it out to have the guy at the shop spin it up to see what he thinks of it. He knows how these Ventures are supposed to run. Also will be getting the Morgan goodies to set mixture and balance. AS far as the 07 Rebel I will be pulling the tank and carb to clean both. Then put evapo rust in it along with Nuts and bolts. Replacing the Petcock on it as the reserve side just drips also when it is on position I don't think it has enuff flow when you get up in the 60-70 range it cuts out sometimes. After blowing air back thru it cleared it up for a little while. Also any suggestion for the 83 Accessory lamps for the front crash bar to both be seen better and see better at night. Was looking at some LED lights but they all say FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY. Will also be putting Leds in where I can so less draw from system. Will also be getting me an AGM battery and new windscreen for it. Mine is so scratched up it darned near blinds you at night when light hits it.

I will be riding, Christmas I am taking the motor home to St Augustine and towing the bike and camping, I am going to leave the trailer with the bike hooked after I come back and then head to Dunellon Fl. The IBMC is having a camp out to bring in the New year and I am going to meet them there, we rented the whole camp ground out.

Edited by tufftom4

Once I get her on the stand I should have a little room to work on her, thinking of upgrading the lights to LED, and have to figure out what I am going to do with this state of the art cassette deck.

It would be nice to find an option where I can tie in a Bluetooth GPS, MP3 player that I can actually control from the audio controller, and still be able to use the intercom and CB. Only had the bike a few months so have not picked up the mics and headsets for the wired hookups as of yet. I have just started looking but so far I am a little surprised that some company hasn't jumped up with a nice all in one unit for the Ventures.

That is the winter plan, we will see how it works out.

SciFiMan

My Winter goal would be to not damage either of them (First Gen and Second Gen) as I squeeze between them to put salt in the softener. LOL

During the Winter they live in the pump shed, where the softener also sits. I keep it at 45* in the Winter, and have a dehumidifier that runs when needed, so it's a great storage spot for the old gals. No room to work on them though.:superman:

My plans are to look at it sitting in my garage as I get in my truck on my way out to the ice shack. After the hectic fall that I had, piece and quiet is welcome. If I catch a fish or two it's a bonus....

I should proof read my posts a little closer....

While piece and quiet would be nice, I'm sure peace and quiet would be much more relaxing. :)

I guess it shows that I liked history/government and biology more than I liked english and math in high school. I apologize to my high school teachers if I make them look bad.

Whole front end teardown:

New head bearings

lower front forks (either new springs or slide them up, need to check funds)

hardwire the Zumo GPS

HID Headlight

LED Spot Lamps

Fix the "freeze plug" coolant leak

and fix a slow leak in the Stratoliner front wheel

RS Warrior is getting a new front tire

But I ended up with a pile of garden tractors & snow throwers that people dropped up stuffed into my workshop that need attention before I can get to the bikes.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=107923

Here is a picture of my 86 that I want to take to some bike shows next summer, have some buffing on the engine and a little touch up. Wanted to do something a little different this summer and thought it may help with getting some business.

Now that's a beautiful 86.

Mine is getting the full treatment, back to front and only needs everything. Did rear end of bike and now machining suspension items. Will never look as good as the 86 show bike but will hopefully run and handle perfectly.

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg