IGNORED

Made it back from the Middle East

CMCOFFEY

I arrived back on Friday. Sorry it has taken this long to hop on and say hi, I have been preoccupied with the wife and kids. A year is a long time to be away.

I have not been for a ride since I got back because the tags on both of my bikes are expired. I will fix that either friday or next week. Not to worried about it right now. I have decided to sell my green bike (2001 RSV) for a few reasons.

1. I do not need to worry about moving 2 bikes while in the military

2. With a wife and 4 kids I do not get a whole lot of riding time

3. I will never give Genesis (84 Venture) the proper love as long as I have the green one

If you are interested, watch the classified section. I will probably get it posted sometime next week after I get a little more settled. Then watch for pictures of the complete tear down and rebuild of the 84.

If anyone is in the Las Vegas area and wants to meet up for some food or ice cream, hit me up.

-Coffey

Welcome back brother,

thanks for your service

John

I arrived back on Friday. Sorry it has taken this long to hop on and say hi, I have been preoccupied with the wife and kids. A year is a long time to be away.

I have not been for a ride since I got back because the tags on both of my bikes are expired. I will fix that either friday or next week. Not to worried about it right now. I have decided to sell my green bike (2001 RSV) for a few reasons.

3. I will never give Genesis (84 Venture) the proper love as long as I have the green one

If you are interested, watch the classified section. I will probably get it posted sometime next week after I get a little more settled. Then watch for pictures of the complete tear down and rebuild of the 84.

If anyone is in the Las Vegas area and wants to meet up for some food or ice cream, hit me up.

-Coffey

I decided the green one needed to go. I put it on Craigslist and few other local places in Vegas. I put the link in the classified section. Once I sell that and my 1987 Suburban 4X4, I can buy a fuel efficient car that is not a project and worry more about my 84 and my various basses.

-Coffey

An economy car may get 3 times the gas mileage of that 87 Suburban. I rented a 2013 Ford Focus when my wife and I flew out to Phoenix and toured a couple years ago. It had a direct injected 2.0L engine and was really good on gas. I didn't check it but it must have been getting 35 to 40 mpg. I think the direct injection was what made it so fuel efficient. I don't like the transmission in those Focuses and I've read they are problematic, but it was comfy and like I said the mileage was phenominal.

Actually we rented a 2.5L Jetta from Phoenix to Vegas and the Focus when we left Vegas. The Jetta really impressed us but the fuel mileage was not as good as the Focus. They were close in other areas, comfort, performance, ergonomics, but we liked the Jetta best. The 2.5L 5 cyl engine is no longer available in the Jetta. It was replaced by a turbo 2.0 I think.

Anyway, I'm very happy that you are home safely and are back to plan your and your family's future!!!!!!

-Coffey

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:,,,,,,,, :95::95::95:(TEARS OF JOY FROM BOTH OF US HERE IN MICHIGAN!!!!:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:),, and a HUGE :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:,,, WITH AN UNENDING =

:ice_thy-vi101212101:ice_thy-vi101212101 LORD FOR PROTECTING OUR FRIEND AND BROTHER WHILE HE SERVED YOU AND OUR COUNTRY OVER IN THE MIDDLE EAST!!!! A HUGE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE CHRIS - :usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::thumbsup:

Tech Sargent Coffey - WELCOME HOME SONSHINE:sign Rock On:!!! Hope you and that precious family of yours are settling back in nicely and that all is well there :bighug::thumbsup:!! Prayers Up and Blessings Down that all goes well with the selling of Exodus and that God fulfills your car needs to His usual perfection (you KNOW he is going to!!:big-grin-emoticon:)..

:scared::scared::scared::scared: IT IS AWESOME TO READ THIS COFF - THANK YOU FOR TAKING A MINUTE TO TOUCH BASE WITH US!!! THANK YOU LORD FOR PROTECTING MY FRIEND AND BRINGING HIM SAFELY HOME!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Memories pics will have to do till have a chance to make some new - Puc n Tip!!:big-grin-emoticon:

DSCN4931.JPG

DSCN4937.JPG

20140620_155000.jpg

20140619_085455.jpg

20140620_143400.jpg