IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

• 1 month later...

Going to take bike in to get new tires put on the Monday of the 22 this month. Taking to Performance Cycle in Cambridge Ontario where I've gone before. Got a few estimates (3--2 in town where I live)First was $695 + tax, the second was $750 tax in and the last was $600. Going with Performance because been there before and they had a mechanic that usually works on Ventures!

• 2 weeks later...

Installed a new(to me) right rear header pipe on Black Cherry. Thanks RDawson!

No more popping on deceleration. Now I can practice my MIG skills on the old header.

Edited by luvmy40
  • Like 2

Got the oil changed and checked/adjusted the tires' and suspension's air pressure. About an hour shakedown cruise and she's ready for her annual wash and wax tomorrow!

Edited by luvmy40

6 hours ago, luvmy40 said:

Installed a new(to me) right rear header pipe on Black Cherry. Thanks RDawson!

No more popping on deceleration. Now I can practice my MIG skills on the old header.

Glad it fixed the problem. We ran some errands on the bike today, gonna pre-ride a route tomorrow for the rally. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finally going to be home long enough to actually ride some. So, I gave the old girl her annual bath. The plastics all look great, but the wind screen is starting to show the years. I'll likely have to replace it before next season.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Charged up battery after it died last week and got it tested and said it was OK so put back in. Then this week drained(by bleeding) old clutch fluid and rear brakes. Rode for a couple days then had son help bleed front left caliper(too hard to reach by myself) on my bike lift I bought a few years ago. Couldn't turn handle bars to level out master cylinder on bike table because of wheel chock clamp. Was having a slight extra pull to handle bars stopping which caused a slight imbalance. Back brakes seemed not to grip as well so ended up re-bleeding clutch,front brakes and back brakes, now everything seems a lot better(pads all around were good) Phantom wanted me to pick up her prescriptions so I told her I had to take bike for a test run,showed up over an hour latter to -----where were you----- told her couldn't just go there and back(as we all know). Then today our hydro was out from 7am to 1pm for infrastructure(new lines buried) so she told me to go for a ride and pick up her cigarettes(Reserve) Heavy drops leaving town,got to 1/4klm from destination and started to rain. Waited on picnic table 15min then got on and rode 20klm to next destination(Princess Auto) where I picked up a few things. Was going to meet Marcarl but clouds were really  black that way so drove North to bypass and made it to a restaurant when it started to downpour. Stopped and had lunch then went out to put rain-suit on. After putting on had a light drizzle then NOTHING the rest of the way home(as usual) Probably going 50klm to meet up with @ReinyRoosterand @XV1100SE Wednesday or Thursday!

20190512_130813.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

RSV just had an oil change a few days ago.  Just riding to and from work errands and some occasional rides to visit friends.  Swapping every two days between the RSV and SVTC. 

• Like 1

Happy Sunday !

I feel like a dunce. RSV is up on the lift for past month. Waiting until I can enough free consecutive time to do an oil change, new rear tire and pull carbs for cleaning and adjustment...and check the valves too. Thats OK as its summer and we dont  ride much in the Arizona heat. But I fear my ability to remember where everything goes if I space out this service! So the scoot sits......

But I'm still here.....lurking on the site and enjoying the memories putting faces to the words I read...

Hi to all!

david

• Like 2

My '10 has been on the lift stand for the last week or so. Got new tires (Shinko 777's) and while it was on the stand I added a fuse block in the fairing, removed the cassette player, cb and stereo and replaced it with an LBE-Carplay-02 unit with gps & bluetooth. In place of the stock controller is a control and amp by Memphis Audio.

The new unit also has front and rear (recording) cameras too. 

Almost forgot... the 1.5" handlebar riser.

20240629_142851.jpg

20240629_143011.jpg

20240629_135953.jpg

• Like 4