IGNORED

Toasty yesterday...

videoarizona

That was our temps last week in Central Georgia, jk, but it did get up to 98/99 on Thursday. We rarely have these temps this early in summer. Scared to see what August and September will be this year, those are our hot months here usually.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Wow @videoarizona, that is crazy hot especially for this boy from the Tundra of Canada:cry:! Hope that heat melts all the cracks in my fairing together while AZZI sits in the garage! :cool10:

I'm currently in Vienna Austria on Business this week.... nice and cool here...60F at 6:30am. Not a lot of Ventures on the streets in this part of the world.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105889[/ATTACH]

@VanRiver. Sure you want to go riding? Grins!!

So far we've escaped this heat wave up here in NorCal. Don't get me wrong, we do get into the low to mid 90's but that bearable. It hit 112° while riding last year in VW Yreka, and that was a killer. I can't imagine what 120° would be like and don't want to find out.... :scorched:

I took a ride on Sunday at 115 degrees.... :scorched:

Why ??? you ask ..... Because the heat was there..... and to say I did... :usa:

IMG_2954[1].jpgIMG_2951[1].jpg

And the heat has been so intense.. you should see the buckled sidewalk now... it's a launch ramp...

Actually, 120 is only ten degrees warmer than 110. Not to bad really. But not to be out riding in the city on the scoot. The stop and go will get to you real quick!

I was out the past couple of days in Phoenix doing some varnishing on the yacht and such in the mornings. Then we hit the pool and took naps during the hot part of the day.

If you do what the Mexicans do, the day isn't bad at all. They start work around 6am and work until 2pm. Then go home. When you start the day early and keep on truckin throughout the morning, you don't even notice the heat. BUT, if you go out at 11 am or noon and try to work the yard...it's sunstroke time!

So @VanRiver, when I come by to visit you on the my scoot...please understand it will be early! That way we can chat and visit and I can be home before it gets to darn hot!

AND riding at night is great. Everyone is home thinking it's to hot to be outside (true in the city)...but once you get out in desert or country it cools off fast. :biker:

it's still in the 70's at night here in Green Valley while it is still 112 in Phoenix!

:scorched:

I'll take a good old fashion northern blizzard over that heat nonsense any day. I can dress for a blizzard and spend the day outside and be safe and comfortable, that heat is just plain deadly.:225:

That it is unless you play it smart.

I still like the heat better than cold. The winters here are fantastic for riding or doing anything you want to do. Summers though are our maintenance days. We can still do lots of things in the morning, or spend weekends up in the mountains and be cool. And our homes, cars and businesses are all air conditioned so it's quite doable to be out and about.

What bothered me the most about my winter of 2013 in New England, was the feeling of being always cooped up! Yea, I could get dressed and go out...but to do what? Can't work on boat, can't work on scoot, can't play golf or go swimming. Got tired of going to mall or out to eat. And how long can you sit on the bench at the beach and enjoy the ocean?Oh, wait a minute, can't find the bench...to much snow.

Nope....what is a bit telling about this...is youse winter guys and gals complain all winter about when can you ride again. You really don't hear us complaining to much cause we can still ride. Just have to pick our times judiciously! :sun::fnd_(16)::fishin::beer::biker:

I've had my speedometer look like that before...
Didnt know you got that 1st Gen finished Bongo :rasberry:

I LOVE that wonderful dry desert heat,,, BEAUTIFUL riding.. Gotta say though,, 120 = WOWZY that is warm.. Tip n I night rode Death Valley a few years ago (there is NOTHING like night riding the Valley in a full moon - 104 degrees with no sun on your back is AWESOME) - got really low on gas and ended up sleeping next to the pumps at a gas station out there.. We ended up not getting out of the park till afternoon when it was 124 degrees, bumped into one of our nations finest sitting outside of another fuel station dressed in his military garb.. Tip mentioned it being a tad warm as we were running into the air conditioned station,, that young man laughed and said "this actually cool compared to where I just came home from :scared:" !! We slid over (our shoes were melting on the tarmac) and shook his hand and thanked him for his service in protecting our way of life - THEN IT WAS A SLIPPERY MAD DASH FOR THAT AIR CONDITIONING :big-grin-emoticon:

In a brazen attempt at hi-jacking another of your threads Video,, gotta ask.... I have always loved riding the desert and have ridden a fair amount on the hot tarmac thereof.. To this day I have yet to find a brand of rear tire whose rubber doesnt seem to end up on the back of our saddlebags... You or any of you other desert rat varmints discovered a tire that is more "desert friendly" in that way?

:yikes:Oh, MAN!

We are heading for Southwestern Colorado in 10 days. I sure hope it moderates before then. Camping.

Just finished Peak to Peak CO. run at Estes National Park it's about 81f. Pleasant touring temp. Durango 10 day forecast looks good, but it seems 'they' change forecasts by the hour these days.:thumbsup2:

I had my 1st experience with that dry heat just a week or so ago. Went through Dead Valley in the early morning and it was 107. Found if you wear mesh gear and dry fit under it, then pour water all over yourself till your soaked, then hop on and ride...... It's like air conditioning....doesn't work in the hot humid weather I'm used to in the north but in that dry heat it works great. I had one of those cooling towels soaked wrapped around my neck as well and I had no trouble with the heat at all.

Now my tires, those roads and the heat just ate my tires!

To all my Northern biker friends. When we are making fun of you for the three foot of snow and freezing cold out in the winter why we are riding, remember this. When it is your time of year to ride, we are in misery heat and humidity.

To all my Northern biker friends. When we are making fun of you for the three foot of snow and freezing cold out in the winter why we are riding, remember this. When it is your time of year to ride, we are in misery heat and humidity.

Larry, seems us northerners just can't get away from that three feet of snow and freezing cold no how. :hihi: Yesterday afternoon at Colorado National Park at 12,000'.

:cool:

DSCN7289 1024.jpg

@cowpuc probably the only tire that will handle the heat is the Dunlop dual tread. Really hard rubber in center will mitigate the rubber loss from heat...I would think. I don't know the model name but it's sold by HD for their high end cruisers. I'm sure it's available for the rest of us by now.

I run Shinkos on my 89 and keep the pressure up near max. I'm very happy with their wear and traction/ride so far.

D