IGNORED

Toasty yesterday...

videoarizona

Larry, seems us northerners just can't get away from that three feet of snow and freezing cold no how. :hihi: Yesterday afternoon at Colorado National Park at 12,000'.

:cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105921[/ATTACH]

WOW ZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW - NICE MAX = REAL NICE!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

@cowpuc probably the only tire that will handle the heat is the Dunlop dual tread. Really hard rubber in center will mitigate the rubber loss from heat...I would think. I don't know the model name but it's sold by HD for their high end cruisers. I'm sure it's available for the rest of us by now.

I run Shinkos on my 89 and keep the pressure up near max. I'm very happy with their wear and traction/ride so far.

D

10-4 D!!:thumbsup: Be interesting to hear from folks who have ran those dual compounds of which you speak in the heat out there,, sounds like you may be onto something!

My "M.O." has always been a rear tire out and a rear tire back, mainly due to the hot tarmac coating the back of my scoot with rubber - be pretty cool to find something that would make a complete 2 month trip out and back!!

Know what you mean about the Shinko's - GOOD tires at a reasonable price!!

Tweeks sister has Avon's on her,, I can not WAIT to give em a long distance try and see how Avon's do in the hot, dry, wonderful sunshiny HEAT of Az, Utah, Cali, Nevada, Montana, Wy, SD and so forth and so on :big-grin-emoticon:

In a brazen attempt at hi-jacking another of your threads Video,, gotta ask.... I have always loved riding the desert and have ridden a fair amount on the hot tarmac thereof.. To this day I have yet to find a brand of rear tire whose rubber doesnt seem to end up on the back of our saddlebags... You or any of you other desert rat varmints discovered a tire that is more "desert friendly" in that way?

Not intending to hi-jack threads, puc, my 2 cents, I've had good luck with Dunlop E3's. We've done a fair amount of extreme heat travelling (bad timing usually lol) 2 up, past few years in desert and southern climes in constant 100-125f. (brings back /14 July death valley 130f) and last week a few 100's thru Iowa-Nebraska, no fails to date.

:fingers-crossed-emo

Not quite so warm today. Actually had an afternoon of rain. Wanted to join @KIC in Tucson... Bikers were out in force around Tucson... To raise awareness of motorcycle riders. Tucson has had to many deaths here lately, so the guys and gals are out with signs trying to let the cagers know they have a right to be on the roads too!

I decided at last minute not to go as there was still showers around me... And I was concerned about the heat in Tucson. I'm having problems riding in the heat this year.... Didn't want to take any chances.

The rallye of Bikers was the lead story on the 6 o'clock news. Didn't see @KIC.... But hopefully he took pictures and will share when he gets a chance.

And @Max...I think the tires I'm thinking of are Dunlop's...

Macon Georgia tied the record yesterday that has held for 100yrs. It was 103 with a feels like about 110. Omg I wanted to die. No bike yesterday but was still too hot to do anything. Saw the new X-men movie and it was good, but would have rather stayed home in my nice AC.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Not quite so warm today. Actually had an afternoon of rain. Wanted to join @KIC in Tucson... Bikers were out in force around Tucson... To raise awareness of motorcycle riders. Tucson has had to many deaths here lately, so the guys and gals are out with signs trying to let the cagers know they have a right to be on the roads too!

I decided at last minute not to go as there was still showers around me... And I was concerned about the heat in Tucson. I'm having problems riding in the heat this year.... Didn't want to take any chances.

The rallye of Bikers was the lead story on the 6 o'clock news. Didn't see @KIC.... But hopefully he took pictures and will share when he gets a chance.

And @Max...I think the tires I'm thinking of are Dunlop's...

So we endured the heat, didn't get rained on, and had abut 300 bikes show up. It was pretty low key, lots of exposure to the Friday night drive home folks on the main road, midtown. Funny thing was that there was a protest about teachers in some foreign country being killed a mile up the road and they were left alone. The police showed up to ours and said we had to leave. Even though we we re "invited" by one of tenants in the complex, the property owner didn't want us on the property. I guess teachers in some foreign country are way more important that bikers here in Arizona. :usa:

people.JPGsigns1.JPGPeople 2.JPGcops.jpg