IGNORED

Dag gonit, my avalanche was just in an accident...

Eck

SOooo, my son in law and I were in a restaurant. bar type place, and we were playing pool and having a few cold drinks. The bar tender comes up to me and asks: Do you own that black avalanche out front? I said yes I do. She says: Well the guy sitting on the motorcycle along side it just dropped his biek against your truck three times. All of us at the bar saw it and watched him. I said: WHAT...three times? she said yes.. He was parked along side your truck and when he got on his bike he began walking his bike backwards to leave. When he got to the back of your truck he dropped it and it hit your truck. He then picked the bike back up, got back on it and he walked it forward about a foot and dropped it again. He got off the bike and picked it up so fast that it went over the other way and landed on its other side. He walked around the bike grabbed it again and lifted it really fast, and it fell against your truck the third time. He again picked it up and moved it back in the same parking spot and he is sitting there talking on his phone..

I walked outside with my cell phone in hand, and walked around to the back of his bike and took a picture of his license plate, then the side of his bikek with him on it, then I walked to the front of his bike and took a picture of him sitting on the bike. Then I took pictures of the damage to my truck.. I then asked him if he had insurance. He said yes, I said let me see your drivers license and insurance please. I snapped photos of both his license and insurance, and said: Sir, you have no business riding a bike in your condition. He said I know, My wife has called me for the past 4 hours telling me to get home. I should have left hours ago. I said that is between you and your wife. All I want is my truck to be put back in the same condition that is was before you hit it. He said its my fault and I will take care of it. I said Oh, I know you will, and walked away..

1125151632b_2.jpg

1125151635.jpg

1125151635a.jpg

1125151633.jpg

Edited by Eck

WOW,, thats just plain crazy Eckster,,,,, all the best in getting your Av repaired and VERY VERY glad the guy was not able to get out on the roadway and hurt someone!! That is just CRAZY!!!!

Had something similar happen a few years ago, I was inside our car - lady pulls in beside with teenagers in her backseat - kid was mad at his mom for something and swung his door open HARD - it bashed into my car - woke me up (was waiting for my daughter to come out of Orthodontist) - got out and had a HUGE dent in rear quarter panel. Called 911 to get an accident report, was told Police dont respond to parking lot incidents - she gave me her insurance info - 2 days later I find out the info was not correct, she was driving with no insurance according to her insurance company - her insurance company said it would have to be filed under my insurance but that would make my insurance go up.. Of course this is Michigan and we are under "No Fault" insurance anyway so not the same brother but I DO know how ya feel!!

Holy crap Eck that's both crazy and it sucks. Why are us Good people always having to pay for the mistakes of blatant dummies and morons. Thankfully it could have been worse as he proceeds to run a light and kill a family during the holidays. Think of it this way, you and your truck helped stop a potential tragedy. Good job there. But it still makes ya mad bc it's so painfully preventable.

Ya I suppose you cold feel bad about it,,, and hey, there's really no reason for someone to dump anything against your truck, or mine for that matter. But my philosophy is that if you don't want your vehicle to be damaged in any way, best leave it in the drive, as long as there is no tree nearby. Point is, for me anyways, are the personal feelings, not the actual happening or the return of payment for damage done. Everytime we go out we have to deal with others, and they have to deal with us, and crap does happen. Ya, buddy should have went home a lot earlier, but maybe there wasn't much to go home to and so he stayed a little long,,, still no excuse, but,,,,,,,and yes, he needs to pay,, that's called accountability.

Had a similar incident, Was half asleep in a parking lot and all of a sudden the vehicle shakes and shudders, I get out and and an older gentleman is starting to back away, I guess he didn't know there was some one in the vehicle. Insurance covered that with nothing out of pocket. Daughter in law also have some young punk run into the back of her once. She get out and checks on the two grand daughter in the back seat. Well I guess this kid gets in her face (She is of average size) and was beginning to intimidate blaming her for his bad driving. About this time my son who is 6'2" 230 lbs get out of the passengers side and stands on the curb. I guess the punk tucked his tail and made nice, exchange information like a reasonable person. Couple of days later Daddy calls wanting to cover the damage so the kid doesn't loose his license. My boy told him to deal with the insurance and maybe the punk would grow up if he walked for a while,

Damn you're a nice guy. I would've called the cops and has his ass hauled off to jail for DUI.

I was in same situation on New Years eve about 5 years ago in a strip mall type parking lot. A lady was leaving a bar and she backed her Ford truck into my Silverado left rear fender.

The cops were called, and after reviewing the incident/details, he tells me he can not get her for DUI unless she pulls out onto the road since the parking lot is private property.

She called her husband who came and got her and they left her truck there overnight to avoid the DUI charge..

Other (somewhat funny) info: Not only was I in this same situation 5 years ago on News Years Eve, I was with the SAME son in law both times..

I told him last night after my Avalanche got hit, that he is just plain bad luck to be around!!! :rotf:

Good Luck Eck. The one that got me in 06 was smoking Dope and taking pills. The one in 09 was drinking and smoking. Our outstanding Deputies turned them both loose without a breath or blood test. You are lucky you are still on your feet to make sure it is don't right.Good Luck!!

Damn Eck, now its Phones, coolers and drunks on Vulcans you have to worry about?? They say things come in 3s so hopefully you are good for awhile. A lifetime ago I was that sap on the bike, I didnt hit anything but I fell over in the parking lot about 4 times before some guy reached over my shoulder, yanked the key out of the bike and threw it as far into the woods as he could. I was pissed at the time, but called him and thanked him, a day or 2 later. There's a moral to that story somewhere?? Hope you get her fixed up good as new.

Craig

Not to start anything but a parking lot where the public has right of access (Walmart for example) drivers license insurance etc are required, and driving laws do apply. My yard is private property. Dui takes officers off the road for approximately 3 hours so who knows what the reasoning for not going the Dui route was

Not to start anything but a parking lot where the public has right of access (Walmart for example) drivers license insurance etc are required, and driving laws do apply. My yard is private property. Dui takes officers off the road for approximately 3 hours so who knows what the reasoning for not going the Dui route was

I was on a U.S. Highway both times. Deputy Sheriffs are nothing but politicians. I try to be fair. There are some good ones but far and few. Sorry Eck. Still a real tender spot. With a Good Law Officer I could have got a few bucks at least. Gonna go :bang head::bang head::bang head: if it ain't one thing

I have not heard from the guys insurance company so I decided to call the main claims office of the little lizard this morning and found out that the so called BIKER that dropped his bike on my Avalanche has not even reported this accident to his insurance company... SO ....I DID...!!!!!!!

I cant believe after being so nice to the guy and letting him deal with his wife instead of calling the police on him, that he hasn't called his insurance co.

I have around 6 to 8 witnesses that he did it, (and a few of their names & phone numbers) so he CAN tell his insurance co that he did not hit my bike, but I have proof he did..

This guy has no right to call himself a BIKER............Bikers don't do this......

I have not heard from the guys insurance company so I decided to call the main claims office of the little lizard this morning and found out that the so called BIKER that dropped his bike on my Avalanche has not even reported this accident to his insurance company... SO ....I DID...!!!!!!!

I cant believe after being so nice to the guy and letting him deal with his wife instead of calling the police on him, that he hasn't called his insurance co.

I have around 6 to 8 witnesses that he did it, (and a few of their names & phone numbers) so he CAN tell his insurance co that he did not hit my bike, but I have proof he did..

This guy has no right to call himself a BIKER............Bikers don't do this......

I was thinking for some reason this wasn't gonna be easy Eck. I'll bet he tries to claim he didn't do it.

In Michigan we have "No Fault" Car Insurance,, its really kinda cheesy cause it pretty much removes personal accountability from the equation and leaves it up to each parties insurance to take care of the damages to the car that the policy is written for.. I am no insurance guru but I am thinking the most a person here can get from another person's insurance is something called "mini-tort" and it has a limit of under $1000 (last time I used it it was $400). Eck,, are you guys a "No Fault" state? Not sure when is the best time to bring your insurance company up to date on all this BUT I do know that at some point they will become involved, usually this stuff becomes a battle between them instead of addressing the real issue of the lack of personal accountability..

Lets all hope the guy is just sleeping one off and he proves out to be a decent person and reports this like he should.:fingers-crossed-emo

Hey Puc,

Alabama is a no fault state and I do have that coverage, but I'm not going to use it this time. I have used it in the past when I wrecked my RSV.

As I mentioned above, I called his insurance company this morning and they have already filed the claim and sent me a copy of the claim which includes the claim number.

His insurance company told me that they must 1st call a couple of my witnesses and verify what I told them is true and also stated that even if the motorcycle rider states he didn't do it, that with the words coming from a few witnesses that visually saw what happened, that they will go ahead and fix my truck. They said they just have to verify what I told them is true and verify how it happened.

No biggie ........(yet.......).:bawling::rotf:

Hey Puc,

Alabama is a no fault state and I do have that coverage, but I'm not going to use it this time. I have used it in the past when I wrecked my RSV.

As I mentioned above, I called his insurance company this morning and they have already filed the claim and sent me a copy of the claim which includes the claim number.

His insurance company told me that they must 1st call a couple of my witnesses and verify what I told them is true and also stated that even if the motorcycle rider states he didn't do it, that with the words coming from a few witnesses that visually saw what happened, that they will go ahead and fix my truck. They said they just have to verify what I told them is true and verify how it happened.

No biggie ........(yet.......).:bawling::rotf:

Now THAT is fantabulous Eckster, sounds like even though the guy who damaged your truck is a bone head he may have gotten a decent insurance company:thumbsup: Prayers Up that it all works out the way it is suppose to my friend! By the sounds of things you did the guy a HUGE favor by not getting the police involved - could have ended up with some real problems if parking lots down there are considered public right of ways and those DUI laws would have been enforced. Hopefully that loser learns something from all this and puts the keys away next time he decides to :beer:

Long as I got cha on the line here, do you folks have, what we in Michigan call a Catastrophic Fund attached to the No Fault that you pay into with all your policies? Around here there is that "fund" that we pay into (last time I checked it accounted for 130 bucks on each policy - may be higher now) that once a claim goes over a certain amount the Insurance Companies access it for reimbursement. We have to pay into it on our bike policies too BUT, get this,, unless a bike accident involves an Auto that fund is not accessible - kind of a crazy setup.. You guys got something like that?