IGNORED

Does Seafoam work?

Jayceesfolly

What he didn't talk about is how well the stuff also cleans out the fuel system. When I worked at a John Deere dealer the shop would fix many lawn mowers that were hard starting or running rough with sea foam. It worked about 80% of the time.

I was skeptical but ran a half bottle thru my 07 RSMV and it made a noticeable difference for me with throttle response and acceleration. I knew the bike was sitting when I bought it from the previous owner in July of this year. I felt the bike was sluggish especially when two up and noticed some fuel dripping from the tubes under the bike when I stopped from a ride. I'm thinking the bowls were gummed up some and maybe something else was going on but now after another half bottle everything is golden. For the $11 price tag and the fact my parts store was doing buy on get one 50% off I figured it couldn't hurt. So glad I did it.

Menards had Seafoam for 6.98. The website still list it 6.98. We have a bunch of them in Ohio

I have never noticed a higher price from them.

I have also purchased it on Amazon.com for the same price

I cleaned out a 20 year old snow blower with the stuff last fall

The thing has not run this good since I purchased it in 1995

My experience has been good with it. I used to put Sta-Bil in the tanks of the seasonal and other equipment until several years ago when I happened to open up a fuel tank on a generator after about 4 weeks and saw what looked like blobs of something floating in the gasoline!! :Bunny2:

Checked another tank and saw the same thing. Was it a bad batch of Sta-Bil? I don't know but I quit using it.

I've been putting and running a little SeaFoam through my equipment before storing, at my shop and at home for about 5 years now and haven't had any issues with start-up or separation since.

:2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents:

It depends on if you are putting it in for maintenance or to fix a problem. For maintenance follow the directions on the can. If you are trying to get the goo out of something, people have used anything from a half can of SF to a full tank of gas up to a full can to a half tank of gas. depends on how bad your problem is.

My experience has been good with it. I used to put Sta-Bil in the tanks of the seasonal and other equipment until several years ago when I happened to open up a fuel tank on a generator after about 4 weeks and saw what looked like blobs of something floating in the gasoline!!

Checked another tank and saw the same thing. Was it a bad batch of Sta-Bil? I don't know but I quit using it.

I've been putting and running a little SeaFoam through my equipment before storing, at my shop and at home for about 5 years now and haven't had any issues with start-up or separation since. :2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents:

I have a friend that restores expensive old sports cars. He is adamant that Stabil will cause problems if left in a tank for storage. He didn't have much to say about Seafoam since he doesn't use any preservative any more. He will just drain all gas until the vehicle needs fresh gas.

SeaFoam has helped me on my 89. When I first bought mine and it had been sitting, I disconnected the fuel line to the pump ( plugging the tank line), attached a longer piece of hose to the pump and wired it up by the seat. I attached a small funnel into he hose end. Using the drain screws on each carb, I emptied the bowls of the carbs and then filled the hose with a 50/50 mixture off SeaFoam and gas. By cycling the fuel pump I was able to fill the bowls with the mixture. Let the bowls sit several days. Then I drained the bowls to check the seaFoam mixture for color or contaminants. I then filled them again while running the bike and filling the funnel gas line. If I recall correctly, it blew a lot of white smoke out the tail pipes, so have your garage door opened.

Another thing you can do is drain all the bowls and then back flush the bowls using a can of Techron carb cleaner, squirting it up through the drain tubes and ten close the drain screw. Let that sit for a day or so and then drain. When squirting the cleaner, make sure that you put a rag over the connection off the little red straw and the bowl drain hose. It will squirt back and usually right into your eyes. :doh:

I have a friend that restores expensive old sports cars. He is adamant that Stabil will cause problems if left in a tank for storage. He didn't have much to say about Seafoam since he doesn't use any preservative any more. He will just drain all gas until the vehicle needs fresh gas.

SeaFoam has helped me on my 89. When I first bought mine and it had been sitting, I disconnected the fuel line to the pump ( plugging the tank line), attached a longer piece of hose to the pump and wired it up by the seat. I attached a small funnel into he hose end. Using the drain screws on each carb, I emptied the bowls of the carbs and then filled the hose with a 50/50 mixture off SeaFoam and gas. By cycling the fuel pump I was able to fill the bowls with the mixture. Let the bowls sit several days. Then I drained the bowls to check the seaFoam mixture for color or contaminants. I then filled them again while running the bike and filling the funnel gas line. If I recall correctly, it blew a lot of white smoke out the tail pipes, so have your garage door opened.

Another thing you can do is drain all the bowls and then back flush the bowls using a can of Techron carb cleaner, squirting it up through the drain tubes and ten close the drain screw. Let that sit for a day or so and then drain. When squirting the cleaner, make sure that you put a rag over the connection off the little red straw and the bowl drain hose. It will squirt back and usually right into your eyes. :doh:

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

When I had my Yamaha OX66 serviced at the dealer, they were adamant about not using the red Stabil in an outboard. Told me to be sure to use the blue marine Stabil. Said the red stuff would cause problems. Using alcohol free gas means a lot too if it sits a while.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

I keep Sea-Foam in reserve now for problems. For Maint. I use a good Diet of Marvel Mystery Oil. Marvel works fine to keep the fuel system clean. BerryMan's Chem Tech does a good job on really needed clean-ups. Find it at Wally World close to the Sea-Foam at a bunch less on the price. I don't like to use a Lot of the BerryMan's as it seems a harsher cleaner but for really needed cleaning it is great. Give it a shock treatment of BerryMan's and then keep it purring with the Marvel Mystery.

First off I am not an employee of SeaFoam, but I have worked with their R&D department and with numerous reps.....SeaFoam makes 5 products and 4 of them are basically the same thing only in different concentrations SeaFoam, SeaFoam aerosol, TransTune, and DeepCreep (BugsBgone is not related to the other products in any way).

1. SeaFoam and the aerosol version are exactly the same stuff except one is liquid and one is an aerosol. 2. TransTune is about 4X the concentration of normal SeaFoam with the addition of some detergents and a red dye. TransTune is fine to run through your engine just as SeaFoam, just use less... 3. DeepCreep, is the same make up as regular SeaFoam only at about 10X the concentration....DeepCreep is one of the best penetrating fluids you can buy...it also has the added benefit of not "flashing" on hot surfaces, you can heat a bolt until it's cherry red, hit it with DeepCreep and it will not flame...it actually helps the product creep into the seized areas.

One difference between SeaFoam and Sta-bil is Sta-bil creates a paraffin barrier on top of you gas to keep it from evaporating......once that barrier is disturbed (say if you move your mower or bump your bike), Sta-bil losses it effectiveness.

Finally, think of SeaFoam as kind of like Windex....if your window just need a normal cleaning Windex does a great job....but if your window is shattered, it won't matter how much Windex you use, the window needs repair.

And one last thing, SeaFoam is great for use with diesels, just don't use TransTune in your diesel fuel...the red color will make your diesel fuel the same color as the "not for highway" diesel.