IGNORED

Pet Peeves - What are yours?

Freebird

I had a pet peeve once. Found out first hand how hard they are to take care of - they get into EVERYTHING and my neighbors complained all the time about them causing neighborhood problems. These problems increased exponentially when the critter had baby peeves - it was thru that ill fate that I discovered that peeves are like rabbits = there is NO such thing as having ONE rabbit.

I finally figured out that I was not much of a pet owner so I offered the whole family of peeves - free of charge, including shipping - on Craigslist. I was contacted by a very wealthy person in Nigeria who offered to actually pay me for the Peeve's - including extra for shipping - via a personal check. I packaged the family of peeves up with extra food and space in the container in case there was more of them by the time they reached Nigeria. I did receive a strange looking check in the mail from the very nice person who I had shipped the peeves too but, being a man of my word and not wanting to take advantage of anyone - I threw the check away. I did have high hopes that the Nigerian peeves would prosper and multiply but have not been able to verify this as, to this very day, I never did hear back from him :think:.

I was bored after my peeves were gone so I replaced them with an 83 Yamaha Venture motorcycle. It broke down shortly thereafter which led to a strange feeling that my peeve family may be searching for a way to reclaim their U.S. Passports. I then "googled" 1st Gen Venture's and experienced past pet peeve owners which led me to a website called Venturerider.org. My life was changed forever with the results of that search because I ended up becoming a member at Venturerider and, to this day, continue meeting many lop eared varmints (NOT PEEVE RELATED) thru Venturerider.org. These varmints even helped me fix my motorcycle and the peeves stayed in Nigeria. :cool10: I guess you could say that love found a way.....

Please note - NO PET PEEVES WERE HARMED OR INJURED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS STORY!!:bighug:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It drives me crazy standing in a grocery line and seeing people put their groceries on the counter and then watch them all get totalled up and when told the price they freeze and then start looking for their wallet as if they thought they might not get charged. All that time in line you would think they could have their form of payment ready or know where it is.

It drives me crazy standing in a grocery line and seeing people put their groceries on the counter and then watch them all get totalled up and when told the price they freeze and then start looking for their wallet as if they thought they might not get charged. All that time in line you would think they could have their form of payment ready or know where it is.

To add to that ... the lady who has to dig all through her purse to find the exact change.... ggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And then there's the one's who feel it's a good time for a gossip session.... ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The term "pet peeve". WTH is a pet peeve? Way too mild of a term for what aggravates the crap out of me.

Frivolous lawsuits, people who scam SS disability, and those who use handicap spots because they're lazy.

There's too many handicap spots. Why does every Walmart need 18 handicap spots?

People who call soda, "pop". It's freakin soda people. :bang head:

Seems that maybe Soda is a minority opinion...... in Canada I do believe the term Pop is more common but was not able to locate statistics on that.

http://popvssoda.com/

I hate hearing a journalist say...... at 3AM this morning....... when would 3AM be this afternoon..... NEVER. It should be at 3 am today dang it.

Happened to me this morning....2 lane road with solid double yellow lines. I took the car this morning and was behind someone doing just over the speed limit and not one but THREE cars passed us. I honked the horn at each one and kept to the left of my lane. Guess they are too important to obey the rules and risk other people's lives.

Mine is being in the left lane... travelling the same speed as the 30 cars ahead of me... and some special person feels they are more important than anyone else and tries to pass me on the right. Notice I said... tries. They never succeed.

And related.. another pet peeve is the person in front who caused that 30 car backup by not getting in the right lane when they should. My opinion is... if you are not in process of passing a car and there are no cars in left lane in front of you... move over!

Yeah, I am with Ventursome on the carts. I have a part time job at Lowes and people will leave carts right where they unloaded them even though they are 5 feet from a cart rack. Another is people (stepson) that have enough energy to pull out stuff from the frig to make a sandwich but lack the energy to put stuff back when they are done.

Another is people (stepson) that have enough energy to pull out stuff from the frig to make a sandwich but lack the energy to put stuff back when they are done.

Struck a nerve Ron!! Not to pick on your stepson Ron in ANY WAY but, deep in my heart I have a gut feeling that what you just described is the beginning of the pathway along the road of where many of these pet peeves are found... Hope that made sense :confused24: also hope I didnt offend you Ron :think:

When someone is drinking a bottled water, and they just can't let the water flow out of the bottle. They have to "suck it out", trying to get it out faster. They end up collapsing the bottle while trying to drink it.

My pet peeve's:

Toilet paper must roll off the top....not the bottom.. I hate looking for the end of the roll when it is coming off the bottom. I will always change the roll to where it rolls off the top.

Neighbors who wont edge their side walks and drive ways as the rest of us do in an effort to make the area look better.

People who don't get out of their pajamas when leaving the house to go to the store or restaurant- this really sets a great example for their kids

People who pick their nose while at a red light.

Young kids who wont hold a door open for my wife as we walk up to the door. They just walk out and let it close with no respect for their elders at all.

Tail gaiters...I cant stand them..

Motel room coffee pots... You just can't pour a cup of coffee with out the coffee running all over the counter.

Edit- I just had to add this one: Dot placing those orange barrels for 10 miles down the interstate creating one lane and a traffic jam from "H", and yet they are only working on a 30 ft section of hwy....or they aren't even working that week due to weather..

Edited by Eck

When someone is drinking a bottled water, and they just can't let the water flow out of the bottle. They have to "suck it out", trying to get it out faster. They end up collapsing the bottle while trying to drink it.

There is another way to drink bottled water??

We probably only have this problem here but being an island people seem to think traffic laws don't apply.

People who wander out on the road without looking.

People who stop their car on the main road to wave people out from side roads and pedestrians across the road. They are creating a long line of annoyed people behind them.