IGNORED

Pet Peeves - What are yours?

Freebird

As I was on the road for yet another week of meetings, one of my pet peeves attacked me many times. It got me to thinking about pet peeves and how it might be interesting to hear what yours are. I'll start with a couple.

This one is a bit humorous and my wife says that I am being silly. She is very probably right but it's just somewhat of a fun one for me. What is it? I KNOW you are DYING to know....

HOT DOGS and BUNS!

Why is it that most hot dogs come in packages of 10 and yet most hot dog buns come in packages of 8? What is up with that? If you are bothered about the number of hot dogs and buns not coming out even....that means you would need to make 40 hot dogs? 4 packages of hot dogs and 5 packages of buns to make it come out right. It's a conspiracy...a CONSPIRACY I tell you.

Another one, and the one that I faced several times today, big trucks trying to pass each other. Today I was driving on I71 between Cincinnati and Kentucky. It was mostly a 4 lane highway once I got past the 71 and 75 split. So two lanes going my direction and a lot of hills. Much of that time was spent behind a big truck who felt that he HAD to pass the big truck in front of him on the long hill. He pulls out to pass in spite of the fact that he is only able to muster a speed of about 1 MPH more than the truck that he is passing. So 10 minutes later he FINALLY manages to pass the other truck and get back into the right hand lane. If you don't have the power to get around the truck in front of you, STAY BEHIND it. Don't be an inconsiderate ass and back up everybody else.

I have others but will let that get it started. But fear not...I do have others...MANY others. :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, this thread could get interesting. I agree with both of yours Don but more so the truck passing one. Drives my blood pressure straight up. Here are some of my other pet peeves:

- Men who for some reason think it's their God given right to stop along the side of a busy highway and urinate along the shoulder. What's up with that. If you can't wait for the next rest stop, at least find a side road to pull off on away from traffic.

- Shoppers in the grocery store (sorry ladies but you're the main culprits) who abandon their carts in the middle of an already narrow isle thereby blocking anyone else from pushing their cart through. It's not rocket science, just park it off to the side so you're not impeding traffic.

- Again in the grocery store, people waiting in line at the checkout with a cart full of groceries and you're standing behind them with a couple items in your hand. You know they notice but it's beyond them to let you go ahead of them.

I know, I know, I've got to stop doing the grocery shopping! Doug

I ALMOST posted your second one in my first post. Not only do some of them leave the baskets in the MIDDLE...put some (MANY) actually have them at an angle so that they literally go almost from one side to the other. Sometimes I just want to crash right through them. I agree with all of yours but the last one hit home also. What is even worse is those in the 10 or 20 items or less lane that apparently think that 20 bottles of soft drink are actually only one item. Or multiples of this or that.

And yes, I've had that exit thing happen to me also. It actually happened to my wife a few weeks ago and almost caused a serious accident.

I'm in sync with Don and Doug on theirs.

Now here's one of mine .... you know those little 2-cup coffee pots they have in motels? ... and the coffee packets?

WHY is the basket in the coffee pot ROUND and the coffee packet SQUARE ????? :doh: :thumbdown: In fact, has anyone ever seen a square basket?? ggrrrrrrrrrr this drives me crazy every time.

Was sure nice to stay in a motel (Yreka) that had the new Keurig style coffee makers.

Oh yes, I do have many more too!

My #1 pet peeve is people that tailgate. I call it the NASCAR Syndrome. If all the multi vehicle pileups were truly investigated, following too close would be found to be the cause of the majority of the wrecks.

#2 pet peeve is people that can't throw their trash in a trashcan, but instead throw it out along the highways. This includes pickup truck drivers who just throw that soft drink cup or beer can over in the back so it can blow out in someone's front yard.

#3 is grown men that can't direct their flow INTO the urinol, but instead urinate all over the floor!

#4 is clothes hangers..., you can never pick up just one. They all have to tag along.

Next one ... and this really causes me to:bang head: my head .. when my wife prepares a meal ... she puts all the scraps from the preparation process into the sink ... then when she's all done, she moves them to the garbage containers which are slide-outs and directly under the sink! Why not just put them there in the first place???? another ---> :doh:

#3 is grown men that can't direct their flow INTO the urinol, but instead urinate all over the floor!

Yup!! I'm with ya on that one too. And then there's the guys who cover the toilet seat with a$$-wipes instead of the available paper seat covers, they do their business and just leave the mess behind and in some cases, the mess inside the bowl also! gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

OLD PEOPLE who drive 10-20 kilometers an hour UNDER the speed limit on the highway. :soapbox:

Drivers who drive just below the speed limit then speed up when you try to pass them.:bang head:

My wife when she goes to buy milk and comes home with $100 worth of other stuff!!!!:yikes:

Lazy asses who cannot muster enough energy to place their shopping cart in a rack in the parking lot. They just leave them where they unload them, waiting for the next wind to slam them into someone's nice car!

Guilty!

My wife when she goes to buy milk and comes home with $100 worth of other stuff!!!!:yikes:

My wife who goes into the grocery store to buy ONE item while I wait for her in the parking lot ... and I wait ... and I wait ... and wait ... and then she comes out with 4 bags of stuff. Her defense... "it was all on sale honey!"

Don I agree with you on all counts and will add a couple that really irk me to no end. #1 Truckers who toss out their large 2litre bottles of urine on the side of the road..I've personally seen this more than twenty times. #2 people on their phones while driving,doing their makeup, even some readind the morning paper. Drives me bat---- crazy when I see it.

People who live in subdivisons and won't keep their freakin lawns mowed!

People who smack (chew food with their mouths open)!

Grammatical errors like: "I seen" instead of "I saw", or "to" instead of too", or "there" instead of "their", or "You done good" instead of "You did well", or "I come" instead of "I came", "now n days" instead of "nowadays", etc.

Lazy people who make excuses.

People who exaggerate.